Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone loves their own brand though, right?

Farting is brilliant, it helps alleviate gas pains and sounds hilarious. Dunno why people get all uptight about it, everyone does it! Im jealous of people who can burp though because I physically can’t do it and sometimes it feels like it would be a relief to.
I can't like this enough! I'm the same and have never met anyone else that can't burp.
On the very very very rare occasion one comes out it's as loud as an ant might burp 😂 The whole street must hear me very loudly and proudly announce that I burped though 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My Facebook is full of kids dressed up for world book day and I’m sorry but no one else cares what your kid is dressed as and I have a 2 year old so I get the need to show off your kid but 😴

Reactions: 18
It’s always the same showy off parents posting pics of their kids on world book day. The ones who go the extra mile and spend loads or put hours into to ensuring their kid has the most quirky and interesting outfit. Probably so they can show off on Facebook more than anything.

Reactions: 16
It’s always the same showy off parents posting pics of their kids on world book day. The ones who go the extra mile and spend loads or put hours into to ensuring their kid has the most quirky and interesting outfit. Probably so they can show off on Facebook more than anything.
and it's probably the same kids that don't read. Bookish children such as I was probably wouldn't dream of doing anything so flashy and tacky

Reactions: 7
Oh gawd the horrors of WBD are something I don’t miss about my kids being little. Making costumes was not my thing and I grudged the ££ for buying them to be worn once and discarded. One mum at school tried to start a kind of swap shop for costumes but I don’t know how successful she was.

Reactions: 7
My daughter has gone to world book day as a character from Dork Diaries who wears jeans, hoodie and trainers with her hair in a ponytail. So this is how my daughter dressed! Upon entering the classroom her teacher said that she should have come in a costume and not mufti 😡

My unpopular opinion is that sometimes schools create a dislike for reading by being pushy. My daughter reads every single evening and loves books, but apparently this doesn't count as the books she reads are not from the scheme!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
So is it mandatory to dress up. What if you don't want to or your parents can't afford a costume

I know people say knock one up but you still need a sewing machine, or glue and materials that's all cost money.

Reactions: 18
So is it mandatory to dress up. What if you don't want to or your parents can't afford a costume

I know people say knock one up but you still need a sewing machine, or glue and materials that's all cost money.
And time, not always a lot of that going spare in low income households either

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Not at my son’s school. It’s just a non uniform day and bring in a favourite book.

It’s like everything these days, hyped up into something that will cost parents more money.

Reactions: 20
I used to hate World Book Day with a passion. At one point I had all 4 kids at primary school, I was working nights, sleep deprived and incredibly annoyed at having to provide fancy dress for all of them. I think the school should have a supply of costumes and allow the kids to decide which character they wanted to be.

Poundland saved me - Harry Potter glasses and a wizard hat for one, tiara and fairy wings for another, Striped pjs and a football strip for the remaining two. I can’t remember what book the football strip illustrated 😂😂😂

All my kids loved, and still love, reading which is the whole point of WBD.

Reactions: 15

Also tweets like this are incredibly weird. Surely you’re teaching the child their worth is based on the number of likes they receive on social media? 🤔

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

Also tweets like this are incredibly weird. Surely you’re teaching the child their worth is based on the number of likes they receive on social media? 🤔
Yeah, this is bizarre. It's 100% for the parent's benefit, not the child's.

Reactions: 13
While I was dropping my dressed-as-a-penguin kid off at school this morning, a Mum on the playground announced that her kid was the only one in his uniform because "he dunt read so what's the point?"

These are 5 and 6 year olds. If your kid "dunt read" then it's up to you to encourage them to do so. These are the kids World Book Day is most important for.

This also brings me onto another opinion. It's about time this trend of "who can be the slackest parent" died off. It seems like if you make no effort with your kids it's seen as something funny, whilst those who do make an effort are labelled as smug. It's all backwards.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Our schools have taken to wearing pyjamas on WBD that way those that can’t afford costumes don’t feel left out, and everyone is content with it including the kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
No encouraging your kids to read is pure neglect and laziness,
also using bad grammar around kids drives me insane,
The English especially are awful when it comes to using correct grammar.
“ we woz” etc, makes my toes curl.

Reactions: 21
Our schools have taken to wearing pyjamas on WBD that way those that can’t afford costumes don’t feel left out, and everyone is content with it including the kids.
Thats a nice idea. It ties in with bedtime stories too.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.