Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole Prince A VD Epstein thing is a complex issues of grooming, concent, money, power. It's not really as simple she said he said.

He definitely had sex with her, I think. But based on British law she was legal. If Andrew had come out and said, yes I shagged her but she was a pretty young girl and all over me, I thought she just wanted to get with a prince. I would believe it was just an innocent encounter in his mind. But he didn't do that, he's denied the whole thing saying he's never met her. Which makes me think he knew full well Epstein was grooming young girls for sex.

A lot of the time we don't know we are being groomed and abused until later. I don't think I really understood rape until I was in my 30s. Because no one had ever really explained it too me. Learning it definitely redefined some sexual encounters for me.

VD was young and enticed by money and a glamorous life. She went on to groom other girls into the life. You could say she fully concented and knew what she was getting into. Or you could say there was a power imbalance and she was taken advantage of in a way she didn't understand until later.

Based on Prince Andrew and the accusations against him, he seems like a dirty old sleese, but I'm not sure he's a criminal. VD was in a messed up situation but she did seem happy about it at the time, I guess the real issue is she didn't seek out that life. They found her and groomed her for it at a young age.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
If The Beatles come on the radio or a playlist, I always enjoy a sing along but if I was on Desert Island Discs, they’d never even make a shortlist.

Reactions: 7
The whole Prince A VD Epstein thing is a complex issues of grooming, concent, money, power. It's not really as simple she said he said.

He definitely had sex with her, I think. But based on British law she was legal. If Andrew had come out and said, yes I shagged her but she was a pretty young girl and all over me, I thought she just wanted to get with a prince. I would believe it was just an innocent encounter in his mind. But he didn't do that, he's denied the whole thing saying he's never met her. Which makes me think he knew full well Epstein was grooming young girls for sex.

A lot of the time we don't know we are being groomed and abused until later. I don't think I really understood rape until I was in my 30s. Because no one had ever really explained it too me. Learning it definitely redefined some sexual encounters for me.

VD was young and enticed by money and a glamorous life. She went on to groom other girls into the life. You could say she fully concented and knew what she was getting into. Or you could say there was a power imbalance and she was taken advantage of in a way she didn't understand until later.

Based on Prince Andrew and the accusations against him, he seems like a dirty old sleese, but I'm not sure he's a criminal. VD was in a messed up situation but she did seem happy about it at the time, I guess the real issue is she didn't seek out that life. They found her and groomed her for it at a young age.
From what I'd read, she was repeatedly groomed and molested as a child and was in and out of being trafficked and abused. Epstein and Maxwell offered education and work to vulnerable girls to make them think they were getting a better life and then abused their trust.

I understand people not wanting to automatically 'believe all women' but this case seems a bit open and shut to me when we all know full well Epstein was a piece of tit who abused young girls and brought his mates along for it.

Reactions: 15
From what I'd read, she was repeatedly groomed and molested as a child and was in and out of being trafficked and abused. Epstein and Maxwell offered education and work to vulnerable girls to make them think they were getting a better life and then abused their trust.

I understand people not wanting to automatically 'believe all women' but this case seems a bit open and shut to me when we all know full well Epstein was a piece of tit who abused young girls and brought his mates along for it.
She was groomed. But it n regards to PA, it's whether he knew that.

But I think part of the reason people are unsure about VD was she seemed to be Epsteins top girl, she stayed with him well into adulthood and was free to come and go as she pleased.

It is difficult because how much behaviour as an adult can you excuse because someone was groomed as a teen. How much grooming is required to absolve someone of future envolvment in the crimes.
If all grooming excuses involvement, then you could argue that Ghislain was groomed as well and so it wasn't her fault she went on to groom others on behalf of Epstein. She was broke, maybe he took advantage of her need to stay in that lifestyle. I'm not saying that what I believe, but it could be argued.

At some point people need to become responsible for their actions.

Reactions: 2
Unpopular opinion, the phrases "baby mama" and "baby daddy" are cringey as duck and seriously need to get in the bin.

• Sick
Reactions: 31
I'm absolutely sick of naming storms and hyping them up. Giving them cutesy names doesn't make anyone take them more seriously

Reactions: 16
Unpopular opinion, the phrases "baby mama" and "baby daddy" are cringey as duck and seriously need to get in the bin.
Biggest cringe ever! To me as well it’s what people use when they aren’t with the person “oh yeah, he was just my baby daddy” so when people use it in a relationship as well I find it a bit weird

Reactions: 8
I'm absolutely sick of naming storms and hyping them up. Giving them cutesy names doesn't make anyone take them more seriously
Storms and hurricanes and all that are intentionally named so that the public can be aware of what storm is affecting their specific area when they look at the weather/news.

Reactions: 6
Storms and hurricanes and all that are intentionally named so that the public can be aware of what storm is affecting their specific area when they look at the weather/news.
That might be true but the UK met office has only started naming British storms in the last 5/6ish years. Anything that was named prior to that was the tail end of a hurricane and was just referred to as the remnants of hurricane bob. I think that’s why it irritates people.

Reactions: 5
That might be true but the UK met office has only started naming British storms in the last 5/6ish years. Anything that was named prior to that was the tail end of a hurricane and was just referred to as the remnants of hurricane bob. I think that’s why it irritates people.
I agree with this, yeah

Reactions: 2
Does a rugby player even play a match unless his wag gets a pic with him at pitch afterwards??? So generic!

Reactions: 3
Trans athletes should not be allowed to compete in female events. A separate category should be created for them.

Only seen it used by teenagers who have kids young.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
Major tattle unpopular opinion incoming...

I don't think Mrs Hinch is that bad. And I think she's actually quite pretty.

I've looked on her threads on here occasionally but everyone seems over the top obsessed with her. If you dislike her so much, unfollow 🤷🏻‍♀️.
It's all engagement and video views for her which in the end is what she needs to carry on. I don't get it at all.
Do you really think she gives a tit that Brenda from tattle hates her while she is sitting pretty with millions in her bank?!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I hate that you can’t have a whinge or say you need a break from your kids without people assuming you must hate them or hate being a parent 🙄

A young woman tweeted she was really struggling mentally being a single mum and just needed a break, she got so many hateful replies with people accusing her of hating her kids etc I felt bad for her and she ended up deleting her account. I feel bad for parents who are really struggling and are too scared to say anything because what others say 😕

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I hate that you can’t have a whinge or say you need a break from your kids without people assuming you must hate them or hate being a parent 🙄

A young woman tweeted she was really struggling mentally being a single mum and just needed a break, she got so many hateful replies with people accusing her of hating her kids etc I felt bad for her and she ended up deleting her account. I feel bad for parents who are really struggling and are too scared to say anything because what others say 😕
Anyone that replies negative to someone having a good winge usually aren’t parents themselves, the “it could be worse, be greatful” brigade or those weird lot that think a Fruit Shoot is akin to giving your kid a bottle of Arsenic.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Captain Tom Moore gave me the creeps. His smutty innuendos and discussing his sex life with Piers Morgan made me gag

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Captain Tom Moore gave me the creeps. His smutty innuendos and discussing his sex life with Piers Morgan made me gag
When was he making innuendoes? Was it in the interview with Morgan? I know he discussed his sex life in his autobiography, when he could have just said that he and his wife parted due to having grown apart and no longer getting on.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.