Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly cannot abide those who use it as a trait to deflect from their crappy behaviour. It isnt your whole being. It isnt an excuse. This is more an experience with those with MH conditions and things like ADHD. Reasonable adjustments can and should be made, but if you dont work on yourself and put in the effort to make your own life easier, duck off dictating how I need to behave.
a lad I know on fb who has adhd autism etc seems to have made it his mission in life to visit as many shops/cafes etc as he can and rant on fb about not being allowed to use the toilet. BuT I HaVe A DiSIbiLIty. Well walk 2 mins round the corner to the public loos in the shopping centre and STFU

Reactions: 15
Changing the subject a little . But people talk as if grown adults liking kids stuff like disney and HP is a new thing.

But in the 90s it was really common for adults to have Winnie the poo and Warner brothers tattoos.

There have always been adults that like kids stuff a bit too much.

Reactions: 13
It’s a dying art, looks so much nicer. You knew who the gobby kids were in school because they’d have that big bubble writing that only fits five words on a row. Makes me cringe when I see adults with that style 😬

Grabbed off Reddit, I felt pain looking at it.
View attachment 1068262
I’m feeling triggered because all the mean girls in my 90s school used to write like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The Beatles are over-rated. Starts a rage fest every time.

A while ago on here someone defended their choice in purposely getting pregnant without their partners consent and agreement. Disgusting tbh
I knew someone who deliberately went against the previous mutual agreement within their marriage to not have more than one child because of financial and health issues. As soon as the first kid was old enough to go to school she said her husband was suggesting she thought about going back to work or uni or whatever. She stopped taking the pill and we all know what happened next.

One night when she was quite drunk and the youngest one was about a year old she blurted out to everyone that she had got pregnant deliberately because she didn't want to have to work again and how she would do it all again....husband left her about 6 weeks later!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
The Beatles are over-rated. Starts a rage fest every time.
They definitely weren’t the greatest band ever. In the 80s all the new bands were described as the next Beatles if they were popular. As a teen it used to piss right me off!

The only tune of the Beatles I like is Lucy In The Sky. The rest can get in the bin.

Reactions: 9
They definitely weren’t the greatest band ever. In the 80s all the new bands were described as the next Beatles if they were popular. As a teen it used to piss right me off!

The only tune of the Beatles I like is Lucy In The Sky. The rest can get in the bin.

See also Stone Roses and Oasis.

Reactions: 8
The Rolling Stones are worse ,even looking at Mick Jagger gives me a headache never mind listening to him 😣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Agree about The Beatles. They have maybe 3 good songs at a push.

Beyoncé is overrated as well imo. She is clearly talented and works hard, but she isn't the second coming of Jesus. I think Jennifer Hudson has a much better voice.

Reactions: 12
Totally agree with you. How come 5yo boys get to wear normal shorts and 5yo girls’ shorts are cut like hot pants? It’s gross. I’ve always refused to buy my daughter clothing like that.
Mum of 3 girls - totally agree. Girls clothes give me rage. The cuts, colours, slogans all just preparing little girls for misogyny of life :-(

Reactions: 14
A lot of people commenting on missing limbs don’t seem to have any experience of a person missing a limb.
I can say without a shadow of a doubt, severe COPD is far, far more debilitating than a missing limb.

Reactions: 10
My UO about disability/MH is that a lot of people concentrate too much on what they can’t do, rather than what they can. The people that genuine struggle the most crack on with it. Competitive sickness Olympics

• Sick
I’ve known someone with a missing limb and to be honest they live a relatively normal life with their prosthetic, it never causes them pain, they’ve been able to work, go on holiday and live a peer on normal life. At this point they’re just used to it. I’m not saying it’s never a struggle, I’m sure it is at times, but they’ve never been hospitalised as a result of their disability. I do know someone who became dangerously Ill and ended up in hospital due to Crohns. It’s apples and oranges. I don’t think you can realistically say one disability is objectively worse than the other because even people with the same condition will have their own experiences and backgrounds which will have made their condition easier or harder to live with.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
a lad I know on fb who has adhd autism etc seems to have made it his mission in life to visit as many shops/cafes etc as he can and rant on fb about not being allowed to use the toilet. BuT I HaVe A DiSIbiLIty. Well walk 2 mins round the corner to the public loos in the shopping centre and STFU
Why can't he use the toilet in the cafe or shop, then? I don't understand?

Reactions: 4
Ah, yes, I see , regarding a shop like a greengrocers or newsagents ( not like tescos or subway etc , with loos)
I had someone really kick off once because they couldnt use our staff loo. They said they had a disability.. ok, but you still cant use it. Especially as ours was next to our stock room with thousands of pounds worth of stock 😂

Reactions: 6
I met a guy at a wedding lately who has lost all four limbs due to complications following covid caught in the early days. He’s doing really well but his life is never going to be the same.

I went on a holiday in Oz with a large group involved in Youth Hostel Australia in the 90s. The trip for doing water sports was heavily subsidised as a percentage of participants had to be disabled. They had loads of adapted equipment to use. One guy had his leg and hip ripped off while being knocked over by a bus. No chance of getting a prosthetic or a normal life. We did get him waterskiing though!

• Wow
  • Sad
A lot of people commenting on missing limbs don’t seem to have any experience of a person missing a limb.
I can say without a shadow of a doubt, severe COPD is far, far more debilitating than a missing limb.
One of my exes lost his leg in a motorbike accident, it didn't stop him for a moment he still rides his Harleys and everything else he always did. Me on the other hand with COPD cant walk and talk at the same time as don't have enough breath for both things together.

I'm so glad I now have a bad foot and limp, so that tattler can see my disability and I am now worthy as before it was an invisible disablitly

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
One of my exes lost his leg in a motorbike accident, it didn't stop him for a moment he still rides his Harleys and everything else he always did. Me on the other hand with COPD cant walk and talk at the same time as don't have enough breath for both things together.

I'm so glad I now have a bad foot and limp, so that tattler can see my disability and I am now worthy as before it was an invisible disablitly
Well that's what our posts were in regards to ,hidden disabilities are just as disabling as physical just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're any less valid ,it wasn't a disability competition ( not aiming this at you as you've clearly read what was posted to begin with ) .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.