Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i saw the long thread about the clothes in primark. a bit OTT. it’s not encouraging children to behave a certain way. they’re just clothes with words on. it’s up to the parents to teach their kids how to act and what to aim for in life, not a poorly made T shirt from a budget clothing store

i understand that this may be rather an unpopular opinion. come at me 🤣🤣🤣
I agree. Besides, who really reads the words on people's t-shirts? And if you do, do you pay it much heed?

I'm sure I had t-shirts with words on when I was a child, but I can't remember any of it!

Reactions: 3
There was a great Twitter thread recently about boy clothes and girl clothes - girl clothes were full of airy-fairy messaging about being kind and grateful (and as we all know "be kind" really means STFU), and boy clothes were all about adventure and possibility. Either way you look at it, it's pretty sinister.

If I can find the link I'll edit and post it.

EDIT: Here it is! This was just one branch of Primark.

M

It’s not just slogans. Little girls clothes are cut different and there is no reason for it. Boys and girls before puberty have the exact same bodies. Why would the girls clothes be cut in different shapes? Go look at t shirts in the girls section and there are barely any just plain t shirt cut shirts. They either have a wider neckline or curved bottom, smaller sleeves…. Even the jeans are cut different. I don’t know I am just not picking but it always grinds my gears when I can’t find basic cut tshirts. There are some out there. I can’t stand those girly cut shirts.

Reactions: 10
Actor Jack Smethurst has died aged 89. He appeared in the controversial sit-com Love thy neighbour. It is a pity he will be mostly rememered for appearing in a programme, that no one can watch any more, for fear of being called a racist.
He was in a comedy that's being repeated at the moment, called For the Love of Ada

Reactions: 2
M

It’s not just slogans. Little girls clothes are cut different and there is no reason for it. Boys and girls before puberty have the exact same bodies. Why would the girls clothes be cut in different shapes? Go look at t shirts in the girls section and there are barely any just plain t shirt cut shirts. They either have a wider neckline or curved bottom, smaller sleeves…. Even the jeans are cut different. I don’t know I am just not picking but it always grinds my gears when I can’t find basic cut tshirts. There are some out there. I can’t stand those girly cut shirts.
Totally agree with you. How come 5yo boys get to wear normal shorts and 5yo girls’ shorts are cut like hot pants? It’s gross. I’ve always refused to buy my daughter clothing like that.

Reactions: 16
Virginia Giuffre is probably lying.

kids being vaccinated for covid 19 is wrong.

I’ve miss this thread 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Really? Even if you have something like Crohn's or advanced COPD? People who have a leg missing can have a better quality of life than someone with Crohn's.
I think people would argue that Crohn's and COPD are illnesses rather than disabilities.

Reactions: 1
Yeah but they're still illnesses.
They're still classed as disabilities anything that restricts your movements,senses or activities falls under disabilty law ,it's an umbrella term for lots of conditions not just because you're missing a limb.

Reactions: 13
They're still classed as disabilities anything that restricts your movements,senses or activities falls under disabilty law ,it's an umbrella term for lots of conditions not just because you're missing a limb.
Well it's all sorts of degrees I guess. There's ones you can recover from and ones you can't

Well it's all sorts of degrees I guess. There's ones you can recover from and ones you can't
You would rarely get high rate disability payments unless your condition is lifelong /limiting ,the likes of dementia / alzheimers are illnesses but very dibilitating, more so than someone with a prosthetic limb for eg .

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.