Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree me and the daughter like fruity sweet smells I doubt my nearly teenage son wants to smell like mango and passionfruit šŸ˜‚ so he has the aldi knock off version of lynx africa it's called safari in aldi šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

On that note anyone else love how aldi and lidl totally rip off brands and give no 2 fucks about it? I'll never buy Kellogs cereal again lol
Get yourself on to the Aldi thread, youā€™ll like it!

Reactions: 7
I agree me and the daughter like fruity sweet smells I doubt my nearly teenage son wants to smell like mango and passionfruit šŸ˜‚ so he has the aldi knock off version of lynx africa it's called safari in aldi šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

On that note anyone else love how aldi and lidl totally rip off brands and give no 2 fucks about it? I'll never buy Kellogs cereal again lol
My teen son is a brand snob when it comes to cereal, he loves the Aldi Chocolate shells but doesnā€™t know it! I refill the box of Kellogg Zammyā€™s - the only cereal he eats with it šŸ˜‚ the same box has been in the house for about a year and he hasnā€™t thus far noticed. He eats about 5 bowls of it a day and I sure as tit am not paying 3 quid a time. He would have a fit if he found out I do refills with the Ā£1 Peppa Pig oneā€™s from Heron food too. šŸ˜…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Get yourself on to the Aldi thread, youā€™ll like it!
Never knew they had a thread I'm going for a look šŸ˜‚

My teen son is a brand snob when it comes to cereal, he loves the Aldi Chocolate shells but doesnā€™t know it! I refill the box of Kellogg Zammyā€™s - the only cereal he eats with it šŸ˜‚ the same box has been in the house for about a year and he hasnā€™t thus far noticed. He eats about 5 bowls of it a day and I sure as tit am not paying 3 quid a time. He would have a fit if he found out I do refills with the Ā£1 Peppa Pig oneā€™s from Heron food too. šŸ˜…
If I ever pop into tescos etc I cringe at some of the prices. Ā£3 for frosties whattttt!!!!
Same here decant all my cereal into the airtight containers nobody knows šŸ¤«

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Definitely agree on the date of birth one. I got the constellation of my kids' star sign tattooed as I didn't want names, dates of birth (they're twins so would I need to put it twice to be fair?). I adore my tattoo, it's minimalist and elegant.
That said, I do have one writing tattoo that I love but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea
This is what I mean. You still get the tribute to your children, but it's something pretty. Not just "times New Roman" printed on your back.

Reactions: 2
Telling a kid he can't play with a toy he likes "because it's for girls" is probably a pretty quick way to screw them up about how they later come to understand gender šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Let them play with what they want for fucks sake.
Funny enough for all my old fashioned opinions I donā€™t do this. If my little lad wants to play with his cousins doll or kitchen or any of her traditional ā€œgirlā€ toys I donā€™t mind. I just wouldnā€™t buy them for him myself. But Iā€™m someone elseā€™s house whatever he wants is fine.

Reactions: 3
Funny enough for all my old fashioned opinions I donā€™t do this. If my little lad wants to play with his cousins doll or kitchen or any of her traditional ā€œgirlā€ toys I donā€™t mind. I just wouldnā€™t buy them for him myself. But Iā€™m someone elseā€™s house whatever he wants is fine.
Id buy my son a "girl" toy if he asked. But I wouldn't go out of my way to get him playing with dolls, but I'm the same with my daughter.

What I find a bit weird is some mums seems to push girls stuff on boys, I'm not really sure why. I know someone who bought a friend's son a baby and pram, no request had been made. I also know someone that paints her pre school sons nails, but not her own. It's just a weird stuff to do. People don't go pushing guns and army stuff on girls.

What happened to let boys be boys. Maybe some mums of boys just really wanted daughters.

Reactions: 15
Parents evenings nowadays are totally pointless. If there is an issue, theyā€™d of been in contact already. Itā€™s parental lip service.

Reactions: 13
Canā€™t believe people have fallen for that note apparently written by a 6 year old to a footballer to the point where thousands has been raised for him and thereā€™s now a ā€˜searchā€™ to find out who he is. To me the writing doesnā€™t look anything like your average 6 year olds, itā€™s probably just someoneā€™s idea of a joke and everyoneā€™s been had. Itā€™s crazy how willingly people will hand over their hard earned money without finding out if something is legit first.

Reactions: 19
Canā€™t believe people have fallen for that note apparently written by a 6 year old to a footballer to the point where thousands has been raised for him and thereā€™s now a ā€˜searchā€™ to find out who he is. To me the writing doesnā€™t look anything like your average 6 year olds, itā€™s probably just someoneā€™s idea of a joke and everyoneā€™s been had. Itā€™s crazy how willingly people will hand over their hard earned money without finding out if something is legit first.
How did he know the address well enough for it to arrive at the correct destination but canā€™t spell school šŸ¤£

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Same, I looked at that and thought what six (and a half) year old can write like that.

Reactions: 7
I haven't heard of this but people give millions to charities that hardly any money goes to the cause they collect for.

Reactions: 9
There was a great Twitter thread recently about boy clothes and girl clothes - girl clothes were full of airy-fairy messaging about being kind and grateful (and as we all know "be kind" really means STFU), and boy clothes were all about adventure and possibility. Either way you look at it, it's pretty sinister.

If I can find the link I'll edit and post it.

EDIT: Here it is! This was just one branch of Primark.

Reactions: 11
Seen that one on the news this morning and šŸ™„ You get it all the time on Twitter ā€œX has some dilemma, they really want to go to the most prestigious home game of the season, can anyone help this basket case?ā€. And kids should never know the extent of their parent(s) financial hardship, they cannot help so leave them out of it. I knew too much as a kid and had no childhood as a result.

Reactions: 8
Actor Jack Smethurst has died aged 89. He appeared in the controversial sit-com Love thy neighbour. It is a pity he will be mostly rememered for appearing in a programme, that no one can watch any more, for fear of being called a racist.

Reactions: 6
Same, I looked at that and thought what six (and a half) year old can write like that.
All kids are taught to write in cursive now its literally hammered in to them (side note not keen on this where's the individuality??) also at 6.5 he would be in infants so surely entitled to free school meals šŸ§

Reactions: 1
i saw the long thread about the clothes in primark. a bit OTT. itā€™s not encouraging children to behave a certain way. theyā€™re just clothes with words on. itā€™s up to the parents to teach their kids how to act and what to aim for in life, not a poorly made T shirt from a budget clothing store

i understand that this may be rather an unpopular opinion. come at me šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 15
All kids are taught to write in cursive now its literally hammered in to them (side note not keen on this where's the individuality??) also at 6.5 he would be in infants so surely entitled to free school meals šŸ§
I meant itā€™s a fairly sophisticated ā€œletterā€ for a six year old to write on his own

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.