Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gentle parenting is a bunch of bullshit.

You can say no to your kid
You can tell them off
You don’t have to mollycoddle them to make them ino ‘secure’ adults
You don’t have to pander to all their tantrums because ‘they are trying to communicate’- no sometimes they just want to be a bleeping twit and scream for no reason and i will not cuddle them and tell them ‘its ok to feel sad’ and whatever other bullshit the gentle parenters tell you to say. Yes they can have a cuddle but i won’t tell them tantrums are ok.

You will only bring them as entitled brats basically.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

You can tell them off
You don’t have to pander to all their tantrums because ‘they are trying to communicate’- no sometimes they just want to be a bleeping twit and scream for no reason and i will not cuddle them and tell them ‘its ok to feel sad’ and whatever other bullshit the gentle parenters tell you to say. Yes they can have a cuddle but i won’t tell them tantrums are ok.

I think being a parent can be a bit confusing at times because there is so much new information and information changes and if you don’t do X then you’re a terrible person etc. For instance the naughty step worked really well with some of my nieces and nephews but I heard today that the naughty step is bad and should be banned? I’m not sure why because it gives a child having a tantrum or whatever a time out and it’s not too aggressive?
When I was younger (I’m 30 now) if we did something wrong we’d get a tap on the bottom. Not a smack, literally just a tap. I was talking about this with my friends who have had children and they are aghast. There is no difference between a tap on the bottom and smacking your child, it’s abuse, it should stop.

Reactions: 8
Worst thing you can do as a parent is follow books and advice, they don’t come with a manual for a reason, use your instinct.

nothing wrong with tapping a kid when they’re naughty in my opinion 😐

Reactions: 18

You can tell them off

Agree. Someone i know does it and Jesus Christ, the kid is feral. Safe to say our kids don't play together anymore.

Reactions: 5
I don't really care much for Hot Cross Buns. No matter how much they try to jazz them up.

Reactions: 10
UO: there is a worryingly significant chunk of relationships in the millennial generation that only exist because of the housing crisis/astronomic rents and mortgages. If the housing market crashed tomorrow and rents and mortgages in big cities and towns suddenly became feasible on an average single income wage we’d see a lot of breakups overnight. Too many late 20s and 30somethings who don’t want the stigma of living with family or roommates jump into crappy unsatisfactory relationships just to split rent and present a ‘functioning grown up’ image to the outside world.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Before I would post an UO are there any rules or guidelines?
I mean can I literally say what I want and no one will come @ me?
Have I found my people? 😂

• Haha
Before I would post an UO are there any rules or guidelines?
I mean can I literally say what I want and no one will come @ me?
Have I found my people? 😂
Go for it. You can say whatever you want - but so can everyone else in response to what you say!

Reactions: 11
Ok a nice gentle one to start:

Pugs are ugly, it's the eyes! And what's with the breathing?
Idiots paying top dollar for an ugly dog.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Eric Morecambe was the better dancer

I find the sizing in Zara a bit mental too. I don't too many things from there but have an extra small, a couple of mediums and a couple of larges.
its beyond mental.. the only thing that fits me in there is accessories and I'm a size 10-12... we really need to take a look at who is promoting anorexia.. there can't really be many size 4 primark jeans wearers in the adult section

Reactions: 8
Morecambe and Wise weren't funny at all neither was Tommy Cooper.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Why can't singers and pop stars use real names anymore? It's all Pitbull, Grimes,The Weekend, Dodie, Griff, ... nobody seems to have a real name anymore

Ok a nice gentle one to start:

Pugs are ugly, it's the eyes! And what's with the breathing?
Idiots paying top dollar for an ugly dog.
a newbie 😂😂 that thread one style innocence.

pugly in bread creature.
Squeeze it’s stomach they eyes pop out

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.