Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was on a mental health course and was told to say "completed suicide" rather than committed. But that just feels really unnatural
I think it's because we're not based to the terminology after years of saying committed.
I'm fully on the side of dropping that term, because I agree with the reasoning that committed insinuates you be broken the law, and it was decriminalised years ago.
I think people that have taken their own lives need that respect in that they've done nothing lawfully wrong

Reactions: 2
I think some people have jumped on mental health problems as an acceptable way to excuse their behaviour, or to get their own way. They know no decent person would question them.

For example, during the lockdowns, everything was about mental health.
"I need the gym to reopen for my mental health."
"The pubs being shut is bad for my mental health."
"Not getting my nails done is affecting my mental health."
It became like the latest bandwagon to jump on.
While I don't deny there are a lot of people who struggled with their mental health for various reasons, it seemed to become the go-to answer for everything.

People quoting mental health for every tiny thing takes away from those who are genuinely struggling.
Agree. It’s become a cop out rather than just saying something like I’m unhappy or I don’t like this situation. 🥱

Reactions: 6
Sorry to derail just while we are all adding UO. I was completely ripped to shreds on an Instagram post for saying 'commit suicide' apparently the PC/WOKE way to say is 'death by suicide' as it takes blame away from vicrim??

My aunts ex husband committed suicide and can honestly say nobody in any side of the family could give a f**k about how it was said.

I mean I actually had people sending me messages to tell me how I was insensitive not to know and people like me are a problem 😂

Very hard to retain your whole way of thinking especially after such a hard loss ❤
I am definitely not onboard with making suicide woke. I think it is the most selfish thing anybody can do and they are a complete coward

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I am definitely not onboard with making suicide woke. I think it is the most selfish thing anybody can do and they are a complete coward
Perhaps a really UO here… but I think the opposite. I think it takes a lot of gall to thrust oneself into the unknown.

Reactions: 31
Perhaps a really UO here… but I think the opposite. I think it takes a lot of gall to thrust oneself into the unknown.
Absolute cowardice. There is not a single thing "brave" about commiting suicide. And if you think there are you need your meds adjusted

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Weak or not, its horrific to imagine the head space a person is in to feel that is the best option for them.

When I felt I couldnt cope anymore, i was too scared to go through with anything and felt the guilt of having to stick around for others, it got to a point i resented them because i couldnt give up. The mind is so fragile 🥴

Absolute cowardice. There is not a single thing "brave" about commiting suicide. And if you think there are you need your meds adjusted
No need to make it personal, its just opinions

Reactions: 21
Weak or not, its horrific to imagine the head space a person is in to feel that is the best option for them.

When I felt I couldnt cope anymore, i was too scared to go through with anything and felt the guilt of having to stick around for others, it got to a point i resented them because i couldnt give up. The mind is so fragile 🥴

No need to make it personal, its just opinions
It's my opinion that people need their meds adjusted if they think it's brave to commit suicide. It's a truly selfsih act.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Mental illness is selfish, its the nature of the beast. Some are stronger and more resillient than others. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
It's my opinion that people need their meds adjusted if they think it's brave to commit suicide. It's a truly selfsih act.
I dont think it's a coward's way out I think its someone totally on the edge at the bottom in darkness that can't see a way out or a light. To be so detached and low to take your own life is something I can't imagine.

My uncle suffered depression for years and result was near financial ruin. He could take it and to him ending his life was what he chose.

I dont think he was a coward I think he felt he had no other option.

To say people need their meds adjusted who even said anyone was on meds? Understand its your opinion and that's fine we all think different but to bluntly say any of us need meds to think suicide us blameless is wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I dont think it's a coward's way out I think its someone totally on the edge at the bottom in darkness that can't see a way out or a light. To be so detached and low to take your own life is something I can't imagine.

My uncle suffered depression for years and result was near financial ruin. He could take it and to him ending his life was what he chose.

I dont think he was a coward I think he felt he had no other option.

To say people need their meds adjusted who even said anyone was on meds? Understand its your opinion and that's fine we all think different but to bluntly say any of us need meds to think suicide us blameless is wrong.
I stand by what I said. I tell you how selfish it is. My cousins wife commited suicide last year, by hanging, and their 3 year old found her.
Nothing anybody says will change my mind

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think to add that everyone's life is their own and if someone chooses to end theirs who is anyone to judge? If someone doesn't want to be here they don't want to be here.

Obviously in some circumstances family etc would be angry and Obviously as with any death people will be upset probably more so if there's no note to explain and its something you know if they just came.to you could have maybe helped?

Thats depression though you see no way out or any point in going on.

I stand by what I said. I tell you how selfish it is. My cousins wife commited suicide last year, by hanging, and their 3 year old found her.
Thats obviously horrific for them but everyone's story is different

Reactions: 9
I think to add that everyone's life is their own and if someone chooses to end theirs who is anyone to judge? If someone doesn't want to be here they don't want to be here.

Obviously in some circumstances family etc would be angry and Obviously as with any death people will be upset probably more so if there's no note to explain and its something you know if they just came.to you could have maybe helped?

Thats depression though you see no way out or any point in going on.

Thats obviously horrific for them but everyone's story is different
Most people who commit suicide don't leave a note.

I believe “you need your meds adjusting” wasn’t personal. Just like saying you need your head looking at/you need to give you head a wobble ?

Reactions: 3
Oh that poor child 😔

It will always risk leaving those left behind angry and confused and feeling it is selfish. And its ok to think that. Its horribly sad for all involved.

I believe “you need your meds adjusting” wasn’t personal. Just like saying you need your head looking at/you need to give you head a wobble ?
One of those sensitive and often emotive subjects, isnt it

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.