Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Likewise, some children are just badly behaved little shits who did not have effective parenting or any discipline or boundaries. They are not all ‘on the spectrum’
A lot of people would rather a medical lable then face up to their failures.

I'm not a crap parent, the child is ASD, ADHD, ODD.
The same as people that claim they are depressed or have anxiety to mask their perceived failures. Obviously there are lots of people that actually have those conditions. But there's also a massive cohort that self diagnosed with an internet test, then claim them as an excuse for everything.

There are actually overweight people now claiming they have anorexia and that's why they can't lose weight!

Nobody is perfect, stop making excuses and try harder.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
If schoolkids and teenagers can hang round Pret every lunchtime and night buying £4 drinks and £5 sandwiches, we are giving them too much pocket money... I'm not a parent so does pocket money even exist anymore? If not then WTF are they getting the money? IMO some of them probably get it from scooting around on e scooters drug running

• Haha
Reactions: 11
You're going to love this story then ... 😁

The silly cow has 5 freezers and 10 slow cookers. Whatever she is saving on food she must be spending on energy bills. Also, who has that kind of space!
All ok until a problem,power cut etc
What is she saving, really? A few quid - for all that trouble ( and expense of buying 5 freezers, 10 slow cookers etc in the first place- what? A £ 1000 of equipment laid out , in order to start saving? All a false economy imo

Reactions: 5
Jam does not belong in cakes. Give me a nice fondant icing and a fluffy buttercream in the centre but every single cake seems to have jam in (bar the chocolate ones thankfully)
Fondant icing is the devils work.

Buttercream all the way though, yes.

Reactions: 9
Fondant icing is the devils work.

Buttercream all the way though, yes.
Buttercream is pure evil.

The taste of butter belongs in savoury dishes so keep that sickly buttercream away from my cakes.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Now here's a UO.. cakes... can take them or leave them...haven't had any for a couple of years now.. don't miss them

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I love a slice of cake but cupcakes are CRAP. They are deceptive too, because they look so nice but taste crap.

Buttercream is pure evil.

The taste of butter belongs in savoury dishes so keep that sickly buttercream away from my cakes.
WOW.

Reactions: 6
more of a rant than a UO but companies who make a big song and dance about how they want their customers to have imput on the products they sell and then continually cancel their meetings because of Covid even though we are all triple vaccinated, mostly daily tested, mask wearers who don't go out anywhere or mix with any one when Omicron is really mild and we are fast approaching endemic status.. can get in the bin.. there are ways round this including meeting outdoors that are just not being explored..

These cunts that write hacks about saving money on the weekly shop. 'Tracey is a 48 year old Mother of 32 kids who has managed to cut down her weekly food shop to £2.40 by batch cooking and freezing meals up to 9 months in advance'. I mean who has the TIME or inclination??
I'm 50/50 on this one. I m myself with 2 kids so money is tight. I wanted to pay my car off ASAP and was searching for advice and ended up on Instagram making an anonymous page to document it 🤣

Its called 'the debt free community' and it helped me massively to pay off the loan and tips to save etc also people always share deals, money off codes etc.

BUT there are some people who its their absolute LIFE! One couple 'we have cut all out expenses to overpay our mortgage by £800 and max out our 10k ISA limit' but never take their kids on holiday, to cinema, buy all their clothes 2nd hand, no takeaways. To me that's no life and a lot of them can be so preachy.

But I did find it helpful and still do for money off tips lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If you eat something in the supermarket before you've paid for it, then you are a thief. I don't care how hungry you or your kid are, pay for it first, or bring something with you.

I know most honest people will intend to pay, but what if you get to the checkout and realise you forgot your purse, or your card declines?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm 50/50 on this one. I m myself with 2 kids so money is tight. I wanted to pay my car off ASAP and was searching for advice and ended up on Instagram making an anonymous page to document it 🤣

Its called 'the debt free community' and it helped me massively to pay off the loan and tips to save etc also people always share deals, money off codes etc.

BUT there are some people who its their absolute LIFE! One couple 'we have cut all out expenses to overpay our mortgage by £800 and max out our 10k ISA limit' but never take their kids on holiday, to cinema, buy all their clothes 2nd hand, no takeaways. To me that's no life and a lot of them can be so preachy.

But I did find it helpful and still do for money off tips lol.
THIS! Money is for spending. If something terrible happened tomorrow and this was your miserable life it’s not worth it

Reactions: 3
If you eat something in the supermarket before you've paid for it, then you are a thief. I don't care how hungry you or your kid are, pay for it first, or bring something with you.

I know most honest people will intend to pay, but what if you get to the checkout and realise you forgot your purse, or your card declines?
I will often have a donut while I do the shop. I feel no guilt. I pay for it 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Telling expectant mothers how HARD everything is and how they'll have NO TIME FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING SUCKS is unhelpful.

Advice and/or stories- fine. If you just want to annoy people then please continue with how little sleep/time they will have for the next god knows how many years. If i hear one more' 'you think youre tired now, you just wait!!!!!!' Shut up please

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If schoolkids and teenagers can hang round Pret every lunchtime and night buying £4 drinks and £5 sandwiches, we are giving them too much pocket money... I'm not a parent so does pocket money even exist anymore? If not then WTF are they getting the money? IMO some of them probably get it from scooting around on e scooters drug running
Wtf! I could just about afford a McDonald’s cheeseburger when I was a teen! Literal cheeseburger, not even a Happy Meal.

Reactions: 3
Telling expectant mothers how HARD everything is and how they'll have NO TIME FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING SUCKS is unhelpful.

Advice and/or stories- fine. If you just want to annoy people then please continue with how little sleep/time they will have for the next god knows how many years. If i hear one more' 'you think youre tired now, you just wait!!!!!!' Shut up please
Agree, people like that are so bloody miserable and negative ✋🏽

Yes! I've brought all my kids up to know that eating before you pay is theft.
If you can't wait to pay for your stuff then you should have eaten before, or got a snack from the sandwich bit, paid, then carry on.

You wouldn't try something on in a changing room and keep it on, because you'd be turned around and told to take it off and pay first.

Nothing is rightfully yours until you've paid

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.