Unpopular Opinions #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The media pile on on Molly Mae is insane and blown away out of proportion. The same people who cried at Caroline Flack's suicide and subsequent documentary are probably the same ones attacking Molly Mae. I just cannot understand the mob mentality to try and destroy someone with zero regard for their mental health or well being.

Reactions: 3
I think mild spiciness can add to the flavour of a dish but I really don’t see the point in super spicy food that nearly blows your head off. People that brag about how much heat they can handle are boring.

I haven’t been for years but when I go to Nando’s I go for lemon and herb and I’m not ashamed of it.
It's a man thing, makes them feel tough.

My husband told me when he was young (like 19) he was invited out for a curry with men he worked with. But he'd never eaten spicy food growing up. He said he was so embarrassed to get a korma that he spent the next month training himself to eat spicy food,so that next time he could get a vinderloo.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The media pile on on Molly Mae is insane and blown away out of proportion. The same people who cried at Caroline Flack's suicide and subsequent documentary are probably the same ones attacking Molly Mae. I just cannot understand the mob mentality to try and destroy someone with zero regard for their mental health or well being.
I don’t agree with how she’s said it, but I genuinely don’t think she meant any harm by it.

People are jumping on her because she is young, pretty and loaded. I don’t think the reaction would have been the same if it had been someone less attractive and older.

Reactions: 2
I get a bit of a high from eating spicy food but not blow the top of your head off spicy. If it makes me want to down water then it’s too spicy.

Reactions: 1
I don’t agree with how she’s said it, but I genuinely don’t think she meant any harm by it.

People are jumping on her because she is young, pretty and loaded. I don’t think the reaction would have been the same if it had been someone less attractive and older.
I've always been irked by the "Beyonce also has 24 hours in the day" quote as it's not a fair comparison to the rest of us but I think the huge backlash is unwarranted

I've always been irked by the "Beyonce also has 24 hours in the day" quote as it's not a fair comparison to the rest of us but I think the huge backlash is unwarranted
I think the difference is Beyoncé has never actually said that.

I agree. It is a bit ridiculous.

She's made herself look a bit daft because she's just a pretty girl who got very lucky on a TV show. She didn't start selling clothes from the back of her car or anything. She seems to have forgotten that.

Reactions: 5
Not just me that yells this every time someone uses it incorrectly then

(this was on the staycation thing sorry for some odd reason it didnt quote _

I agree. It is a bit ridiculous.

She's made herself look a bit daft because she's just a pretty girl who got very lucky on a TV show. She didn't start selling clothes from the back of her car or anything. She seems to have forgotten that.
I'd never heard of her before. I thought she was some average looking bimbo influencer...but then again I don't watch tv and wouldn't dream of watching Bonk Island

Last edited:
I feel like I must be the only person who thinks that Lily Collins doesn't look like Audrey Hepburn. Maybe a slight similarity, but definitely not her double.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree, she is completely wrong but the reaction is over the top. I just think she's made herself look stupid.

Reactions: 8
It's a man thing, makes them feel tough.

My husband told me when he was young (like 19) he was invited out for a curry with men he worked with. But he'd never eaten spicy food growing up. He said he was so embarrassed to get a korma that he spent the next month training himself to eat spicy food,so that next time he could get a vinderloo.
Actually not just a man thing. My first job was mainly women office, plus 3 men out of about 20 odd. I had the same issue with spicy food and it was the women in the office I got grief from and not the men.

This whole "i work my arse off", selling tit and posing on IG ... my heart bleeds. 🙄 Influencers, man. Dickheads. Molly sounded ignorant AF, but its just a lesson on privilige. She shouldnt be hounded. Fwiw, I think people would feel the same if it was any other woman and any man. Especially nowadays, when so many more are struggling. Proper tone deaf.

As for spicy food, i love it. I grew up on very bland food, and was a picky eater. Now my favourite foods are heavily spiced. I love spices, but when you can no longer taste the food and its just heat - pointless!

Reactions: 10
I feel like I must be the only person who thinks that Lily Collins doesn't look like Audrey Hepburn. Maybe a slight similarity, but definitely not her double.
I don’t think so either. Rooney Mara is playing her in the biopic which as an Audrey fan I’m not looking forward to. Maybe because Rooney annoys me for some reason.

I didn't realise people did think that! Don't look anything alike and lily certainly doesn't have Audrey's class and elegance

Balenciaga is overrated.

Michael Kors bags are crap, far from luxury.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The whole sympathy thing around Caroline Flack was dumb tbh. It's amazing how quickly people forgot that she had allegedly abused her boyfriend (and there seems to be a lot of evidence around this) too. Had she been a man, people wouldn't have let her live it down at all

Reactions: 11
I didn't realise people did think that! Don't look anything alike and lily certainly doesn't have Audrey's class and elegance
Oh trust me, there a bunch of people on social media who do think it.

How can anyone think these two women look the same?
1641577915599.png

The whole sympathy thing around Caroline Flack was dumb tbh. It's amazing how quickly people forgot that she had allegedly abused her boyfriend (and there seems to be a lot of evidence around this) too. Had she been a man, people wouldn't have let her live it down at all
They all hated her and had an opinion that was expressed when it came out about what had allegedly happened. They sharp changed their opinion when she ended her life.

Reactions: 8
I'd never heard of her before. I thought she was some average looking bimbo influencer...but then again I don't watch tv and wouldn't dream of watching Bonk Island
She is, essentially. :ROFLMAO:

After Love Island she got a contract modelling with Pretty Little Thing. She then got her own range and then PLT later made her their 'creative director'.

So, she went on telly, found a boyfriend and got a contract with a massive company.

Good for her, I say but please don't make out you've struggled to get there :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.