Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

trixiefrog

Chatty Member
Here’s one. Drag Race is boring and unfunny. Can’t see what’s appealing about men dressed as women going ‘oh hunnay’ and making stupid innuendos. People go wild over it and it’s so dull.

• Heart
Reactions: 83

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I might be a bit late but I despise this trend of whole families wearing matching PJs at Christmas. You look fucking stupid, twee and cringeworthy. Please stop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

Influencing is not a job

I think is actually a popular opinion but then I don't understand why so many people do it:
Nobody gives a fuck about your past year in highlights, nobody wants to see it, and nobody cares what yours 9 most likes photos were in 2021, so just don't share it on social media this NYE 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

fantastix

Parents who post multiple pictures of their child multiple times a week. They’re not really that cute, funny, or interesting. No one else cares other than you, please stop.

Sincerely, a mother of one crotch goblin.

• Haha
Reactions: 62

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I was called Islamaphobic for this opinion yesterday but do you know what, I stand by it.

Halal and kosher meat is cruel and causes unnecessary suffering for an animal being slaughtered. In the UK and Ireland law requires animals to be stunned before slaughter - rendering them insensible to pain until death supervenes. However, exemptions are allowed that permit non-stun slaughter for religious purposes. Why? Why should your religious practices supersede the law? It's complete bullshit. And why are major supermarkets allowed to sell unlabelled halal meat?? Surely, consumers who choose to consume meat should have the option to avoid eating animals that were slaughtered in an incredibly cruel manner.

Full disclosure; I'm a vegetarian and I haven't eaten meat in 15 years BUT that's my personal choice and it's not for everyone. I have no problem with people eating meat, I just think that animals should be slaughtered in a humane way.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Jesus

Dave Chapelle comparing drag/trans to black face was atleast 95% bang on (and fucking hilarious).
'Looking like' a woman doesn't equate to being a woman and reducing women to make up and fake breast IS super offensive.
We have reproductive organs and hormones, we have centuries of biological evolution that make women what they are today.
Women are more than make up. We are not biologically the same and slapping on some lipstick does not make us the same gender/sex/whatever the fuck you want to call it.
Ru Paul's drag race is shit and not entertaining, I am not offended by it personally but I can totally understand why a woman would be.. Isn't drag just taking the piss of exaggerated female stereotypes?

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
JK Rowling was screwed over on the Harry Potter reunion show,
just because sky are worried they’ll upset the woke wankers and transgender twat activists

• Heart
Reactions: 57

VC10

VIP Member
Anyone who is proud of not drinking for the month of January as if it's some sort of massive achievement has a problem with alcohol.

• Haha
Reactions: 54

whoareyouu

VIP Member
Probably gonna get flamed for this but hey ho.

someone being an arsehole or exhibiting poor behaviour does not mean that they have mental health problems or suffer with anxiety.
Sometimes a spade is a spade.

Reactions: 52

Hmmm?

Chatty Member
Okay, this may be controversial. Pronouns annoy the hell out of me and are simply fashionable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

BroccoliBanana

My UO is that working from home is beautiful. I love that I can spend all day in my comfies, have a mid day shower if I feel like it, can do all the housework here and there throughout the day, and can wiggle my mouse on a slow day whilst watching tiktok.

Yes, I want human interaction because the only person I see IRL is my boyfriend, but the luxuries of WFH are beautiful and perhaps outweigh my severe lack of friends 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48

Sheva

I think it's shameful and embarrassing how normalised obesity is in our nation. Out in town shopping yesterday and noticed such a high ratio of fat people it really shocked me. I'm including myself in this btw so I'm not being 'fatphobic' or whatever but body positivity has limits. Just like how everyone here seems to think Christmas = a solid week or more of binge eating. Binge eating is a socially acceptable form of self harm and needs to be treated as such. I've been able to fool myself for years that I'm an ok size because I'm still smaller then most people, but I'm just on the lower side of obese, which is still obese. I'm ready to change this year but I'm fighting against a culture that worships gluttony. I dread to think what other nations think of us.

Reactions: 46
I know this is going to sound so judgmental and I’m sorry for that in advance,

2 is VERY young to expect her to have control over her bladder or potty train fully, i know when we were potty training (in fairness all were fully done and dry by the age of 3/3 and a half) we avoided things like going shopping or being away from a toilet/the house for long periods,
And if we did we used pull up nappies so they still felt like big kid pants but there was protection if accidents happen, during a pandemic having your kids weeing in primark is worse 😂 staff are the ones that have to sanitise and deal with the trauma of seeing Millie doing a widdle amongst the 3 quid pj’s the 35p leggings.. fake tan…phone cases…dog ski jackets..random food items beside the makeup and light up Harry Potter or Disney condoms they now sell 😐

you really can get everything in primark these days can’t you 😂
I agree she was too young. The health visitor told me to start at that time because it was summer and she seemed "ready" she also told me to go straight to pants and not pull ups. After a month she was still having loads of accidents and not able to hold it so I gave up. We started again when was three and she got it in a day.

But, the fact is we were in a shop, a long way from a toilet (which come to think of it were probably closedq die to covid) and she has knickers on a needed a wee. Surely a wee in a potty that gets soaked up and sealed in a bag is better than a puddle on the floor. No sanitation was needed because the wee goes in a potty, in a bag.

It's not something I made a habit off (although that is a training method other mums use) and if youre potty training for a weeks on end, it's not like you can just stay home all the time

Somtimes you just can't win as a mum, you don't train until 3 and youre a bad mum because "back in my day they were dry by 2" you try and train at 2 and youre a bad mum because your little one was caught short in a shop.

Ah come on… this is desperate-
A changing room would have been an option if available?? I toilet trained 4 and never ever had to choose a public spot or go to a changing room as an option. Im not judging i just think its something to consider- we always went before leaving the house, again wherever we arrived, after any drink/food, all timed well to avoid potential accidents or urgent needs.
i really wouldn’t like to be the person in that changing room after a child urinating. Portable potty or not.
Wow must be a really amazing mother, well done did you get any awards.

Kids have weak bladders, when I first tried to train my daughter (my first child) she couldn't hold it. I'm not stupid she went before we left the house after drinks etc, but she would still have accidents.

It's all very well with hindsight to say "I would have never done that, you did it all wrong" but things don't always go to plan with kids and sometimes you have to make a snap decision. I stand by my choice, a wee in a potty in a quiet corner of a shop is better than a puddle on the floor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
I don'r understand the constant worshippping of NHS whilst ignoring other key workers. And yes, I know the shop worker isn't having to deal with sick patients, etc.
The hero worshipping of NHS staff for basically doing their jobs..to look after ill people and save them got ridiculous.
People forget there were plenty of others out there doing their jobs all through the pandemic putting themselves and their families at risk everyday who didn't get a weekly clap and pan bashing of thanks.
People like the refuse collectors, train staff and retail workers especially those in Supermarkets, who had to put up with unimaginable shit from the general public and the effects this had on their mental health.
the staff in my local supermarket had to bring their own sanitizer as their employers didn't provide it.
People often look down on these people but to me they deserve just as much recognition for also doing their jobs during the pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I've been wanting to vent about this for a while. And this may or may not be UO but......

Ollie Lock from made in Chelsea and his surrogate "journey" turns my stomach.

The sheer entitlement to the whole thing. They conveniently brush over the fact that he moved to America so they could avoid British surrogacy laws and take advantage of some hard up American lady. He's rich, he wants a baby so why shouldn't he be able to buy one by renting a womb. They did that awful sperm mixing thing as well. I feel so sorry for the woman who has had to go through two rounds of IVF and a miscarriage, but I'm glad he's not getting a baby and I hope he gives up now. Rich people should not be able to buy babies. If you can't have one then I'm sorry that must be really hard, but you're not entitled to a baby. Especially not just because you can afford to re-register yourself as an American resident so that you can take advantage of surrogacy law that are frankly disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

BonBon27

VIP Member
Parents who post multiple pictures of their child multiple times a week. They’re not really that cute, funny, or interesting. No one else cares other than you, please stop.

I’m a mum of two and I wholeheartedly agree. No one cares about other people’s kids that much. I like the ones who don’t post often as it’s then genuinely nice to see how their kid is. Some people on social media post so much that I’m sick of their kids’ faces, and feel like I see them more than my own kids!
Especially the ones that post every photo that comes up in their memories. Didn’t care about it last year. Don’t care about it now.

• Haha
Reactions: 44

littlepup

VIP Member
Serious unpopular opinion time, likely to offend but, if you can’t take care of your 2, 3, 4 previous children you should be forced into contraception until you can.
I know a lady who’s sister adopted the newest baby of a drug addicted couple who had already had already had their, I think, 4 previous children taken into care. The child was born with opioid addiction too. Some years later they were asked to take/offered the new full sibling which I believe they did. Another new sibling was on the way the last I heard but the adoptive family didn’t feel they wanted another child. I’m not sure how it ended, I moved away from the area.
Of course there are deeper issues of how we help addicts in society, why people become addicted and so forth etc and these need to be addressed but ultimately if Brittney Spears isn’t allowed to remove her IUD how is it that this lady can keep having children?

• Heart
Reactions: 44

The worst offenders are babies covered in food. I hate seeing my own kids covered in food. It's not cute it turns my stomach.

And people that post nappy photos especially of toddlers, and kids in baths. I feel like posting "what the fuck is wrong with you". This isn't a photo album in your cupboard, it's the internet and your kid is naked on it.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 43