Unpopular Opinions #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck green. Going to be travelling as much as possible when it becomes normal again
Aviation fuel is getting greener & the new planes are cleaner burning etc so fly somewhere & enjoy it. Everyone else does!
We are going away twice this year

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I actually think it's safer to travel abroad than for example going to a nightclub where nobody is wearing a mask, as long as you follow the rules should be fine. The problem for me would be testing positive abroad and having to stay in a hotel extra days, as you would end up spending a lot more than you expected. I guess it's a risk you take.
I have been to a night club twice since they opened my friend caught covid on one visit put me right off. I am not one to worry about going places either.

Reactions: 3
People should be limited to one holiday abroad, and that is purely for green reasons.
this makes me want to get a flight to Tesco, in London, daily….. for a lunch time meal deal and a packet of non disposable baby wipes JUST to piss the green wankers off.
you know what they say, an hours flight a day gives a green wanker an excuse to block a bleeping motorway or whatever…. 😏

also while I’m here, screw it, I like white chocolate 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'd take a long haul flight once a month if I didnt have to work for a living.

I'm thrilled.. they have abolished the need for PCR before coming back to UK.. good job as i'd have had a bugger of a time trying to find a PCR close enough to my flight who actually gave results out fast enough..
You only needed an antigen test for before departure. But regardless they are all dropped now.

Reactions: 3
Talking about the overly sensitive “diagnosis” crew…

fibromyalgia. If you’ve got it. Tell everyone. Twice.
then tell them how bad you are.
Tell them what medication you’re taking
Link everything to fibro my my…..whatever
Get offended by everything to do with fibrom-yawn 🙄
I did my second ever report about that on another thread tonight. They seek me out for fights 🤣

I have a reactive rescue who we've worked tirelessly with for 3yrs now. She can't be let off at all, and before her legs started to play up we would use a long line for her, now she's on strict short lead walks.

I was so thankful for people like you who have good dog manners and clip your dogs on - so many 'my dog is friendly' owners just don't bother and while my dog isn't vicious, it did cause her an enormous amount of stress having to deal with dogs running over.
It would also set all the good training we'd done back weeks in some case, which was heartbreaking when we saw what our time and patience was doing to a dog that had never been shown kindness.

I will never not walk her on an open field though. It's hugely enriching for a dog that has limitations and can't run, and she shouldn't have to go without anymore than she already has to.
I had to train her to ignore off lead and on lead dogs (which was the hardest thing I've ever done), and off lead dogs should be lead trained to ignore incoming dogs that are on lead.
Generally any sensible owner of a reactive dog will never come close to you anyway, so as long as your dog has good recall then even with my nobber, I wouldn't expect your dog to be clipped on - as long as it had good recall though. If it can't be called back, then yes clip it and and train calmness on the lead.
We can all live in harmony if we put the time in and train them for different situations
I so agree with you, the most intolerant owners I found are those who have never rescued/would never consider rescuing and have these little cute designer cross breeds. Also the ones who lecture that dogs can be trained to like fireworks. These rescue dogs are amazing and deserve the chance to have a happy life too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I did my second ever report about that on another thread tonight. They seek me out for fights 🤣

I so agree with you, the most intolerant owners I found are those who have never rescued/would never consider rescuing and have these little cute designer cross breeds. Also the ones who lecture that dogs can be trained to like fireworks. These rescue dogs are amazing and deserve the chance to have a happy life too.
Fibromyalgia… 😵💫😵💫 just duck off with your never ending posts on it! Yes it’s awful if you feel awful. Constantly harping on about it will do nothing for your self esteem or happiness. Get up, get about, get out! I unfollowed anyone on SM who even mentions that word.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
If you have children you have no right to say you're green or an environmentalist

• Heart
If you have children you have no right to say you're green or an environmentalist
I was about to say - in this "alternate universe" where we are all restricted to one foreign holiday a year, I'd like a few extra because I have chosen not to reproduce.

• Heart
Gravel driveways should be banned. They look tit and the stones end up all over the road and pavement which is really annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Jesus Christ, everything is racist…..
Well thankfully I can now say I couldn’t be arsed cutting down on my water usage because I’m not a racist.

because THAT SENTENCE MAKES AS MUCH AS SENSE AS MOST OF THE WOKEY COKEY BULL tit!
Always remember if you’re white, you’re the problem….. female and white, you deserve a lifetime of guilt and misery.

EFBBF84A-6E1D-4E5F-B6EA-BF4374C7F430.jpeg

did my second ever report about that on another thread tonight. They seek me out for fights 🤣
fybomyarsehole 😐 the most competitive illness around…….whatever you’ve got, I’ve got it twice.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
this makes me want to get a flight to Tesco, in London, daily….. for a lunch time meal deal and a packet of non disposable baby wipes JUST to piss the green wankers off.
you know what they say, an hours flight a day gives a green wanker an excuse to block a bleeping motorway or whatever…. 😏

also while I’m here, screw it, I like white chocolate 😐
The Sultan of Oman once sent his personal Airliner from Oman to Heathrow to collect 2 punnets of fresh strawberries & to fetch them back , so he could enjoy them whilst watching Wimbledon on his TV 😀😅
A round-trip of over 7,200 miles

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't like spicy food. I didn't grow up eating it and I've no desire to start eating it because I don't enjoy the sensation (all I can feel is the burning, I can't taste anything). I find the current trend (on tiktok etc) of mocking "yt" people who don't like spice pretty pathetic. If the trend was the other way round, people would be up in arms.

Reactions: 13
I think mild spiciness can add to the flavour of a dish but I really don’t see the point in super spicy food that nearly blows your head off. People that brag about how much heat they can handle are boring.

I haven’t been for years but when I go to Nando’s I go for lemon and herb and I’m not ashamed of it.

Genuine musing here - before we started going abroad, we camped. We went away every other weekend from Easter to October and had a couple of longer breaks in the summer. From our home on the East coast, we would do Cornwall, Isle of White, Dorset - anywhere we fancied. We gave up due to ill health, and now have one abroad holiday a year instead. How does my one short haul flight a year equate to my previous multiple long car journeys? I'd hazard a guess I was less "green" before!

Reactions: 7
A staycation is when you have time off but stay at home. You might have day trips during your staycation.

Going away from home for a bit, few days, week, fortnight, whatever is a holiday, even if you don’t go far and stay in the same country.

Phew glad I got that off my chest. If you stay in UK but not at home it’s not a staycation.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A staycation is when you have time off but stay at home. You might have day trips during your staycation.

Going away from home for a bit, few days, week, fortnight, whatever is a holiday, even if you don’t go far and stay in the same country.

Phew glad I got that off my chest. If you stay in UK but not at home it’s not a staycation.
YES. I have said this many times 🤣 Winds me up. If you are staying somewhere that isn’t your house, even if it’s 5 minutes up the road, you are having a holiday!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.