Unpopular Opinions #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Old thread https://tattle.life/threads/unpopular-opinions-11.25326/page-51#post-7646619

Come on don't be coy we know you all have something very unpopular to say, Say it and be damned

If you don't tell people what your needs are you cannot moan when they don't guess and you are then disappointed.

If I visited you and you have a home full of unwanted ornaments on show because you don't have the guts to throw them, then don't blame me for buying a tasteless ornament that I thought you would love.

If you want to waste your money buying me something extravagant while I am more conservative and buy small don't blame me for your overspending on me.

You know it's ok to say you don't like something rather than letting people buy something you don't like for years to come.
it's ok to say we are not buying presents this year only maybe a token gift. once you lose the expectations of Christmas it's amazing how enjoyable Christmas becomes

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Parents who post multiple pictures of their child multiple times a week. They’re not really that cute, funny, or interesting. No one else cares other than you, please stop.

Sincerely, a mother of one crotch goblin.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Parents who post multiple pictures of their child multiple times a week. They’re not really that cute, funny, or interesting. No one else cares other than you, please stop.

I’m a mum of two and I wholeheartedly agree. No one cares about other people’s kids that much. I like the ones who don’t post often as it’s then genuinely nice to see how their kid is. Some people on social media post so much that I’m sick of their kids’ faces, and feel like I see them more than my own kids!
Especially the ones that post every photo that comes up in their memories. Didn’t care about it last year. Don’t care about it now.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I’m a mum of two and I wholeheartedly agree. No one cares about other people’s kids that much. I like the ones who don’t post often as it’s then genuinely nice to see how their kid is. Some people on social media post so much that I’m sick of their kids’ faces, and feel like I see them more than my own kids!
Especially the ones that post every photo that comes up in their memories. Didn’t care about it last year. Don’t care about it now.
Another mum here who also agrees 🙋🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 11
People who have private chats on SM or in whatsapp groups all open for everyone to see then say PMd you babes. F@ck off!! If its a private message or only intended for one person send it to them directly. Stick your passive aggressive bullsh1t up your @rse messaging on a group.

everyone saying 2020 was sh1t is 100% wrong. 2021 was utter crap.

Reactions: 26
I think is actually a popular opinion but then I don't understand why so many people do it:
Nobody gives a duck about your past year in highlights, nobody wants to see it, and nobody cares what yours 9 most likes photos were in 2021, so just don't share it on social media this NYE 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

The worst offenders are babies covered in food. I hate seeing my own kids covered in food. It's not cute it turns my stomach.

And people that post nappy photos especially of toddlers, and kids in baths. I feel like posting "what the duck is wrong with you". This isn't a photo album in your cupboard, it's the internet and your kid is naked on it.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I think is actually a popular opinion but then I don't understand why so many people do it:
Nobody gives a duck about your past year in highlights, nobody wants to see it, and nobody cares what yours 9 most likes photos were in 2021, so just don't share it on social media this NYE 😅
Yes to this!! It’s just another bragging opportunity isn’t it, look what I’ve done, and where I’ve been this year… blah, blah, blah!!! 🙄👌🏻Just piss off I say.. might have the courage to post that on a few this year! 😉 The top 9 is just 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I have a family member who does this. Drives me nuts. She posts a million pictures a day of her daughter anyway and then reshares he bloody memories too. I am actively being to dislike the child as a result :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I might be a bit late but I despise this trend of whole families wearing matching PJs at Christmas. You look bleeping stupid, twee and cringeworthy. Please stop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I have a family member who does this. Drives me nuts. She posts a million pictures a day of her daughter anyway and then reshares he bloody memories too. I am actively being to dislike the child as a result :ROFLMAO:
Maybe she’s the same person I used to work with who I was thinking about when I posted it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
People moaning about presents are irritating shits,
I’m aware we have a thread on here so if anyone has posted on it, awkward 😂
But shut the duck up, you “only” got or “didn’t” get or gave vrs received.

buy your own tit!! Stop expecting gifts that reach your “standard” and moaning when they aren’t good enough.

people used to be grateful to just spend time with family and put effort into making sure the kids were having a good time to be see grown ass adults complaining that they spent more on someone and received something tit, or my favourite “we said we’d only do small gifts BUT I SPENT… and.. and..and”
Grow up 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

buy your own tit!! Stop expecting gifts that reach your “standard” and moaning when they aren’t good enough.

people used to be grateful to just spend time with family and put effort into making sure the kids were having a good time to be see grown ass adults complaining that they spent more on someone and received something tit, or my favourite “we said we’d only do small gifts BUT I SPENT… and.. and..and”
Grow up 😂
Agreed. I guess it's fair enough if you got something like half eaten chocolates or something super ridiculous, it's funny to read.
The worst ones for me are ones about secret Santa, eg some people talking about the nice gifts they get for people like candles and chocolates, the other half of the post is people moaning about getting candles and chocolate 🤣can't ever win.

• Haha
Oh also, talking about kids and babies being posted on Instagram.

99.999999999998% of the time your kid is ugly as tit and looks crusty.
You’re putting me off my dinner. I’m not going to hit like.

The term “crimbo limbo” is really,

Really bleeping annoying.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Grow up 😂
I felt this so much in my soul! Apart from having to eat her dry chicken and mushy veg the inlaws also like to moan about gifts. I kid you not I'm so embarrased by their gift buying. They buy a car full of presents for every person and it's absolute tat most of the time.

Reactions: 4
As someone said on the last page of the old thread - tiktok is Chinese, and full of hackers.

No thanks. Wouldn't go anywhere near it, not even viewing it from a link from another platform ( fb etc)

Reactions: 11
It is sort of like Limbo though between Christmas and New Years time moves at a different rate.
Yeah I do get that, I just hate the term 😂

I actually just put this on a Christmas thread, one thing I hate about Christmas is the extreme indulgence which then leads to a massive crash emotionally after,

“god I’m gonna sound like a right Scrooge, but I bought nothing extremely extra, a few biscuits and chocolates the others are making their way through, and I consumed nothing extra, bar maybe more vegetables at dinner and more coffee, so so much more coffee 😂
I’m not gonna binge over 2 days and then spend January feeling like tit going on crazy detox diets.”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.