Unpopular Opinions #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw an argument on twitter about toxic masculity. A man was taking the piss out of other men for wearing matching PJs with their girlfriends. It kicked off. Was funny. As if people think the bloke would get ‘cute’ pjs and get a picture in front of the tree if he was alone. He can if he wants to. But bet ya he doesn’t!

My unpopular opinions:
Matching PJs are tit
Arguing with people you don’t know on the internet is amusing but a waste of time

Reactions: 17
Saw an argument on twitter about toxic masculity. A man was taking the piss out of other men for wearing matching PJs with their girlfriends. It kicked off. Was funny. As if people think the bloke would get ‘cute’ pjs and get a picture in front of the tree if he was alone. He can if he wants to. But bet ya he doesn’t!

My unpopular opinions:
Matching PJs are tit
Arguing with people you don’t know on the internet is amusing but a waste of time
Sometimes I love being a bit of a troll and arguing with easy targets for practice 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I quite like Tik Tok. I don't make or post but I do watch.

I was totally depressed last night I discovered I've been doing my make up wrong and dressing completely wrong for my age for years :ROFLMAO:
I was alarmed to learn skinny jeans and side partings are out so that's me fooked 🤣

I remember starting work and being part of the young crowd sniggering at ladies who still wore electric blue mascara. Time comes for you eventually. Sad fact.

Reactions: 12
This is funny because I know for a fact youngsters (13-17) think it's crap in general. So I guess you must be like 5
angelic was quite right to come onto a thread marked “unpopular opinions”

Quote a post from December 17th,
over 30 pages back 😕
on the…. Unpopular opinion thread.
And tell me off for my….
Unpopular opinion,
whilst telling me I’m an aging embarrassment living in fear of anything new 🤣 (not completely sure tiktok is the “new/latest” app but I digress)
Totally, absolutely NOT an extreme and slightly worrying overreaction 😬 perfectly normal.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
angelic was quite right to come onto a thread marked “unpopular opinions”

Quote a post from December 17th,
over 30 pages back 😕
on the…. Unpopular opinion thread.
And tell me off for my….
Unpopular opinion,
whilst telling me I’m an aging embarrassment living in fear of anything new 🤣 (not completely sure tiktok is the “new/latest” app but I digress)
Totally, absolutely NOT an extreme and slightly worrying overreaction 😬 perfectly normal.
I thought she was very brave 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My UO is that anyone who hates the latest app or trend just doesn't understand it and is aging and scared of anything new. The bleeping embarrassment is saying the above 👆
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I don't understand it?

The whole reason I hate Tiktok and refuse to use it is because I understand it too well. TikTok is owned by ByteDance which is ostensibly a private Chinese company. As a company based in mainland China, they are compelled by law to submit ALL private user data to the Chinese government. I work in cybersecurity and after reviewing the TikTok codebase and surrounding IP information, I was left feeling deeply uncomfortable; data being collected include faceprint ID, voiceprints, and weird data point tracking policies. It is a seriously invasive app.

Why does a Chinese-owned app need this information in the first place? And what could one of the most totalitarian, repressive governments in the world want with to do with the data? Well, that part we'll never truly know, but I'm not sticking around to find out.

Don't feed into Chinese server farms, that's all I'm saying but sure what would I know... I'm probably just scared of 'something new' and ageing in the process*

(* actually you know what, working in cybersecurity and being exposed to fucked up tit like this has aged me quite a lot lmao, I'll give you that)

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Definitey an UO judging by this thread, but I can’t stand dishwashers 😇

We had one and I made my partner take it out after a couple of months, waste of space.

• Heart
  • Haha
This has shocked me more than any other comment on here. I just don't understand.

I had no dishwasher for a while, it was only me and my partner but washing up was so much effort. And a draining board of stuff all the time urgh. And who can be arsed to stand drying stuff. It's just extra effort.
I will not use one. As I live with my husband and step son, and his one job is emptying the dish rack, which he often doesn’t do!

I can only imagine with a dishwasher who would end up loading or unloading it (me) or someone putting dirty plates in with a clean load as they couldn’t be bothered putting them away! Or not realising they were.

I genuinely don’t mind hand washing, I wash as I cook or clean, and think loading can be just as time consuming, or waiting for a full load full.

Reactions: 2
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I don't understand it?

The whole reason I hate Tiktok and refuse to use it is because I understand it too well. TikTok is owned by ByteDance which is ostensibly a private Chinese company. As a company based in mainland China, they are compelled by law to submit ALL private user data to the Chinese government. I work in cybersecurity and after reviewing the TikTok codebase and surrounding IP information, I was left feeling deeply uncomfortable; data being collected include faceprint ID, voiceprints, and weird data point tracking policies. It is a seriously invasive app.

Why does a Chinese-owned app need this information in the first place? And what could one of the most totalitarian, repressive governments in the world want with to do with the data? Well, that part we'll never truly know, but I'm not sticking around to find out.

Don't feed into Chinese server farms, that's all I'm saying but sure what would I know... I'm probably just scared of 'something new' and ageing in the process*

(* actually you know what, working in cybersecurity and being exposed to fucked up tit like this has aged me quite a lot lmao, I'll give you that)
I agree with you. Would never download it. Don't we have the same problem with the big US companies as well though. Your work sounds really interesting. Please tell us more.

Reactions: 8
I agree with you. Would never download it. Don't we have the same problem with the big US companies as well though. Your work sounds really interesting. Please tell us more.
For the sake of my mental health, I tend not to use most social media platforms so I don't need to worry about the American ones either 😅

I work with a team of developers. I design the system architecture for [a redacted project] to assist [a redacted group of people/organisation] in monitoring for data breaches and/or violations of digital rights. Sometimes we reverse engineer [other shady things] to understand how they could be misused by certain groups/organisations. It sounds exciting, but tbh there's loads of paperwork and meetings. That is as much as I can legally say lol.

• Heart
  • Haha
For the sake of my mental health, I tend not to use most social media platforms so I don't need to worry about the American ones either 😅

I work with a team of developers. I design the system architecture for [a redacted project] to assist [a redacted group of people/organisation] in monitoring for data breaches and/or violations of digital rights. Sometimes we reverse engineer [other shady things] to understand how they could be misused by certain groups/organisations. It sounds exciting, but tbh there's loads of paperwork and meetings. That is as much as I can legally say lol.
I’m not interested in it, for one I feel to old. And when I see people doing the trends who are similar age, I just can’t fathom it. (I’m 39)
Setting up the camera and editing a skit or dance, alone.
Also people I know who don’t upload. just seem mesmerised by it and to take all their creators advice as gospel, like they’re savvy to a secret.
When I hear someone say did you know that, the source is always TikTok.

(Edited for grammar)

Reactions: 5
When I hear someone say did you know that, the source is always TikTok.
Ahhh I have lost count of the number of times I learn a new piece of information that eventually I find out was sourced from TikTok. That has been the worst thing for me when trying to learn nutrition.

My UO will have me burned at the stake. Until I’m prepared to die, I’ll be keeping it to myself.

Reactions: 3
God we’re all so OLD and past our sell by date,
You all need to get on the latest hip and happening app, I think it’s called the face book or copybook or something. 😕

I think it’s the older people viewing TikToks content getting excited about it that’s the worst part 😂 yes some of it is funny, I’m sure some advice given from complete strangers won’t be wrong 😐 but it’s tiresome seeing people rave about like it’s the upgrade to sliced bread, I also assumed everyone knew it was dodgy as hell, but again I rarely use social media apps and….

Just to add ten years to my estimated age, I don’t have Facebook either 🤣🤣

• Haha
My cats have my surname too. My husband thinks they have both of our surnames double-barrelled (we do not), but in fact they both only have my name 👀. Bwahahaha.

My UO is that I cringe to hell when the woman double-barrels and the man doesn’t. What a supportive bleep he must be, mate.
My son DB his name to be the same as the kids but his partner didnt.

I have 7 grandchildren all with DB last names. what the hell happens when they have kids whose name gets dropped or are they all going to have double-double barreled names, My poor grt grandchildren I feel for them already 😲

Reactions: 2
I was alarmed to learn skinny jeans and side partings are out so that's me fooked 🤣

I remember starting work and being part of the young crowd sniggering at ladies who still wore electric blue mascara. Time comes for you eventually. Sad fact.
Blue mascara, Jesus christ 🤦‍♀️
I am not sure what age groups are setting these standards but I think it's the ones who think wearing leggings and a crop top is stylish. Also, middle partings... Ya'll look amish.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
New thread

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.