Unpopular Opinions #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I do get that, I just hate the term šŸ˜‚

I actually just put this on a Christmas thread, one thing I hate about Christmas is the extreme indulgence which then leads to a massive crash emotionally after,

ā€œgod Iā€™m gonna sound like a right Scrooge, but I bought nothing extremely extra, a few biscuits and chocolates the others are making their way through, and I consumed nothing extra, bar maybe more vegetables at dinner and more coffee, so so much more coffee šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m not gonna binge over 2 days and then spend January feeling like tit going on crazy detox diets.ā€
I completely agree, people go far too out. Too many decorations, too much food, too many presents, all for one day. I think a lot of people suffer from a crash because the realisation that they didnā€™t need that much to have a good day, yet now are in 6-7 grand debt because of some sort of need in them to make one day a year a little more exciting.

Reactions: 15
I felt this so much in my soul! Apart from having to eat her dry chicken and mushy veg the inlaws also like to moan about gifts. I kid you not I'm so embarrased by their gift buying. They buy a car full of presents for every person and it's absolute tat most of the time.
i just canā€™t be arsed with people who make comparisons in what theyā€™ve spent or how ā€œthoughtfulā€ they are šŸ™„
If youā€™re basing how much you like someone on what they give you then youā€™re in need of a gifted personality.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
People who go to the post office paying bills and doing god knows what else. Whenever I go to post a parcel Iā€™m stuck in a huge queue and wonder what people are doing. I canā€™t understand why people pay bills that way in this day and age. Why donā€™t they have a direct debit set up? I just donā€™t get why you would want to keep going queuing at the post office.

Reactions: 36
Whole families going to the shops together are ridiculous. Iā€™ve just been to Primark and in front of me there was a family of parents kid and grandparents out shopping together. In Primark! Why?!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
People who go to the post office paying bills and doing god knows what else. Whenever I go to post a parcel Iā€™m stuck in a huge queue and wonder what people are doing. I canā€™t understand why people pay bills that way in this day and age. Why donā€™t they have a direct debit set up? I just donā€™t get why you would want to keep going queuing at the post office.

Why go to the PO to post a parcel when they now collect from you.

Reactions: 11
Mint chocolate is disgusting. Why would I want chocolate that tastes like toothpaste? šŸ¤¢
thatā€™s a lie, to quote a dear tictok friend of mine on this thread, you should be embarrassed by yourself. šŸ˜

Really controversial, nobody who went/goes to the next sale at 5am/7am on Boxing Day have worked a day in their lives, they always smell bad as well.
sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm guilty of this, though since last year, I've telephoned and done the bills automated pay line

Reactions: 2
thatā€™s a lie, to quote a dear tictok friend of mine on this thread, you should be embarrassed by yourself. šŸ˜

Really controversial, nobody who went/goes to the next sale at 5am/7am on Boxing Day have worked a day in their lives, they always smell bad as well.
sorry.
Fruit flavour chocolate is far superior šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
Why go to the PO to post a parcel when they now collect from you.
Because Iā€™m often in back to back Teams meetings and donā€™t want to be disturbed. Itā€™s easier for me to go out when I know Iā€™m free. And you have to pay for it, when itā€™s already expensive to post things. Cost me over Ā£8 to send a relatively small parcel by special delivery today.

Reactions: 12
Because Iā€™m often in back to back Teams meetings and donā€™t want to be disturbed. Itā€™s easier for me to go out when I know Iā€™m free. And you have to pay for it, when itā€™s already expensive to post things. Cost me over Ā£8 to send a relatively small parcel by special delivery today.

My point was just like you have a reason to not have the PO pick your parcels up, others will have a good reason to also be at the PO and not do things other ways. I've not stepped foot in a PO for years and just don't understand anyone deliberately walking into one willingly šŸ˜

Reactions: 6
There's a woman at my work that gets all of us a little bag of pressies for Christmas & birthdays (there's only about 10 of us) - it's always tat, that she picks up from charity shops, and so I feel I have to get her a present, when I don't even like her, and I certainly don't want any tat! It really winds me up šŸ˜‚
Plus I know in her household they aren't great with money and I just wish she'd stop wasting the money, on all of us.

Reactions: 20
My MIL received a lamp from her sister this year. Her sister literally took a lamp from her sitting room and gave it to my MIL (MIL recognised the lamp)
Like what the duck? šŸ˜‚
MIL's sister is pretty wealthy so it isn't like she couldn't afford to buy something.. My MIL doesn't care for presents and wouldn't complain if she didn't get anything but she definitely doesn't want a lamp that is fit for the bin šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Hereā€™s one. Drag Race is boring and unfunny. Canā€™t see whatā€™s appealing about men dressed as women going ā€˜oh hunnayā€™ and making stupid innuendos. People go wild over it and itā€™s so dull.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Oh the topic of presents, I hate when people assume wealthy people should give expensive gifts! I can honestly say the majority of really memorable gifts I've received have been worth little monetary value but extremely high sentimental value! It's supposed to be the thought that counts, not the price tag!

Hereā€™s one. Drag Race is boring and unfunny. Canā€™t see whatā€™s appealing about men dressed as women going ā€˜oh hunnayā€™ and making stupid innuendos. People go wild over it and itā€™s so dull.
Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!! Couldn't agree more!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thankyou for saying this, I'm so sick of drag infiltrating every aspect of 'culture' these days, from dominating LGBT spaces to the huge toxic impact it's had on makeup culture. When can it die please!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Parents who post multiple pictures of their child multiple times a week. Theyā€™re not really that cute, funny, or interesting. No one else cares other than you, please stop.

Sincerely, a mother of one crotch goblin.
I've muted a friend on Facebook because she posts multiple pictures of her kid EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

My kid is not very good at posing for photos, so I tend to take 5 or 6 pictures at a time, then go back and delete the bad ones. This woman will take 10 pictures of her kid doing something mundane, like sat on the floor playing with a doll, then she uploads them all. So instead of one nice photo of the kid, you get 10 identical shots, where her hand might have moved slightly in one, or her head is in a slightly different position.

Half the time they're not even decent pictures. She's not doing anything worth sharing, just going about her day. We don't need to see it once, let alone 10 times!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.