Unpopular Opinions #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The obsession with Primark is stupid, though it seems to have declined in recent years (?)

It's great for simple basics and kid's clothes, but there are plenty of shops with similar prices and better quality. Also the layout of Primark just gives me charity shop vibes

Here’s one. Drag Race is boring and unfunny. Can’t see what’s appealing about men dressed as women going ‘oh hunnay’ and making stupid innuendos. People go wild over it and it’s so dull.
I normally love these sort of shows but the way Drag Race is done is so tacky imo. The whole vibe around it has the early 2000s Bratz feel

Reactions: 11
The first couple of seasons of the OG Drag Race was really good but then it became formulaic and boring and to OTT. I agree it's super tit now. It's all bitchyness and putdowns and not uplifting at all. I stopped watching years ago and have never watched any of the offshoots like the Canadian or UK version.

Reactions: 6
Thankyou for saying this, I'm so sick of drag infiltrating every aspect of 'culture' these days, from dominating LGBT spaces to the huge toxic impact it's had on makeup culture. When can it die please!
A lot of young women look like Drag Queens by the time they've finished their make up these days. Todays make up is so harsh. (and that's coming from someone who was a teen in the '80's and wore green eyeliner and eyeshadow).

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My point was just like you have a reason to not have the PO pick your parcels up, others will have a good reason to also be at the PO and not do things other ways. I've not stepped foot in a PO for years and just don't understand anyone deliberately walking into one willingly 😁
Yeah I get that, but I’m still baffled why someone wouldn’t set up a direct debit. Maybe some people are on a very tight budget and can’t guarantee they have the money in their account on a certain day? I have no idea. Just find it strange.

Reactions: 1
The worst offenders are babies covered in food. I hate seeing my own kids covered in food. It's not cute it turns my stomach.

And people that post nappy photos especially of toddlers, and kids in baths. I feel like posting "what the duck is wrong with you". This isn't a photo album in your cupboard, it's the internet and your kid is naked on it.
And let’s not even talk about naked or semi-naked babies (though that trend was more common many years ago, before social media). Why the hell do some parents think that’s appropriate? 😖🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
And people that post nappy photos especially of toddlers
Ashley Graham needed to change her son in the middle of Staples and instead of going to the car she did it in the middle on the aisle and got it photographed and uploaded it to Instagram. Anyone complaining were ‘mom-shaming’ and that Ashley was just ‘keeping it real’.

FFA43623-F5A5-4B6E-86A3-D89BED878DBF.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Ashley Graham needed to change her son in the middle of Staples and instead of going to the car she did it in the middle on the aisle and got it photographed and uploaded it to Instagram. Anyone complaining were ‘mom-shaming’ and that Ashley was just ‘keeping it real’.

View attachment 947472
Why wouldn't you go to your car. You'd be well annoyed if you needed whatever is in the aisle behind her.

I was that mum once that put my daughter on a potty in Primark. She was only 2 had only just started training and said she needed to go. Nearest toilet was a fair walk away, so I thought duck it, it's this or she pisses her pants in here.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I was that mum once that put my daughter on a potty in Primark. She was only 2 had only just started training and said she needed to go. Nearest toilet was a fair walk away, so I thought duck it, it's this or she pisses her pants in here
please tell me you’re joking 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

View attachment 947472
Dirty cow. Bet she sent her PA to said car to get the diaper bag for her photo op. Poo particles all over the pencils.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I was that mum once that put my daughter on a potty in Primark. She was only 2 had only just started training and said she needed to go. Nearest toilet was a fair walk away, so I thought duck it, it's this or she pisses her pants in here.
Did you walk through Primark with a pot of piss?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Dave Chapelle comparing drag/trans to black face was atleast 95% bang on (and bleeping hilarious).
'Looking like' a woman doesn't equate to being a woman and reducing women to make up and fake breast IS super offensive.
We have reproductive organs and hormones, we have centuries of biological evolution that make women what they are today.
Women are more than make up. We are not biologically the same and slapping on some lipstick does not make us the same gender/sex/whatever the duck you want to call it.
Ru Paul's drag race is tit and not entertaining, I am not offended by it personally but I can totally understand why a woman would be.. Isn't drag just taking the piss of exaggerated female stereotypes?

• Heart
Reactions: 59
OnlyFans is not a job/career

View attachment 947472
This is MESSED UP. Anyone thinking it is keeping it real needs to consider this picture, the impact and violation. It is all wrong.

Why wouldn't you go to your car. You'd be well annoyed if you needed whatever is in the aisle behind her.

Seriously??

• Heart
Reactions: 16
please tell me you’re joking 😂
In my defense, I would have gone in a changing room and done it but it was during covid and they were shut.

There is no way she would have made it to the public toilets and I had the little one in the buggy so I couldn't have picked her up and run.

Somtimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It was a portable potty so they wee into a bag with a pad in it that absorbes the wee. It's not like I had a plastic potty full of wee to them dispose of.

Did you walk through Primark with a pot of piss?
No you get portable potties that can be used "on the go".

That was the only one time I did it somewhere not discreet. She has lots of wees by the car though. I've been out with other mums that will literally just whack the potty out anywhere and plonk their bare bummed child on it. I went round a theme park with a mum like that and I was so embarrassed every time she got it out in the middle of a path, or in a ride queue.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
In my defense, I would have gone in a changing room and done it but it was during covid and they were shut.

There is no way she would have made it to the public toilets and I had the little one in the buggy so I couldn't have picked her up and run.

Somtimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It was a portable potty so they wee into a bag with a pad in it that absorbes the wee. It's not like I had a plastic potty full of wee to them dispose of.

No you get portable potties that can be used "on the go".

That was the only one time I did it somewhere not discreet. She has lots of wees by the car though. I've been out with other mums that will literally just whack the potty out anywhere and plonk their bare bummed child on it. I went round a theme park with a mum like that and I was so embarrassed every time she got it out in the middle of a path, or in a ride queue.
I know this is going to sound so judgmental and I’m sorry for that in advance,

2 is VERY young to expect her to have control over her bladder or potty train fully, i know when we were potty training (in fairness all were fully done and dry by the age of 3/3 and a half) we avoided things like going shopping or being away from a toilet/the house for long periods,
And if we did we used pull up nappies so they still felt like big kid pants but there was protection if accidents happen, during a pandemic having your kids weeing in primark is worse 😂 staff are the ones that have to sanitise and deal with the trauma of seeing Millie doing a widdle amongst the 3 quid pj’s the 35p leggings.. fake tan…phone cases…dog ski jackets..random food items beside the makeup and light up Harry Potter or Disney condoms they now sell 😐

you really can get everything in primark these days can’t you 😂

Reactions: 19
Dave Chapelle comparing drag/trans to black face was atleast 95% bang on (and bleeping hilarious).
'Looking like' a woman doesn't equate to being a woman and reducing women to make up and fake breast IS super offensive.
We have reproductive organs and hormones, we have centuries of biological evolution that make women what they are today.
Women are more than make up. We are not biologically the same and slapping on some lipstick does not make us the same gender/sex/whatever the duck you want to call it.
Ru Paul's drag race is tit and not entertaining, I am not offended by it personally but I can totally understand why a woman would be.. Isn't drag just taking the piss of exaggerated female stereotypes?
I have zero problems with drag itself but I do have issues with referring to drag artists as 'she/her' when in costume.

They are just men who dress as women.

Reactions: 20
Jackie Weaver has milked her 15 minutes of fame for all it's worth and it's time for her to go away now.

Reactions: 13
Jackie Weaver has milked her 15 minutes of fame for all it's worth and it's time for her to go away now.
Feel the same about Pen Farthing. He still pops up on the news or on twitter complaining about the slander he had from press. Bloody move on

Also still collects money for his dead charity for whatever reason

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.