Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So in a previous video she mentioned she was so happy she did Talk to Me in Korean Level 1. For those who don't know .. that is like 7.5 hours of study time. Each podcast is around 15 minutes long (some 10 and some 20), and there are 30 lessons. You literally learn the absolute basics!!! Like the whole first lesson is spent learning to say Hello. Another whole lesson is just on goodbye. Yet Jade was having conversations with locals? This is literally one full day of studying. How arrogant would someone have to be to make out they know enough Korean to 'get by' after studying for less than a day ?!?!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
So in a previous video she mentioned she was so happy she did Talk to Me in Korean Level 1. For those who don't know .. that is like 7.5 hours of study time. Each podcast is around 15 minutes long (some 10 and some 20), and there are 30 lessons. You literally learn the absolute basics!!! Like the whole first lesson is spent learning to say Hello. Another whole lesson is just on goodbye. Yet Jade was having conversations with locals? This is literally one full day of studying. How arrogant would someone have to be to make out they know enough Korean to 'get by' after studying for less than a day ?!?!
It's funny to me that in the middle/towards the end of her stay she changed her ability to interact with locals. She was proud of being able to ask how old a dog is and understand the answer, and another basic small talk thing which she only recognised when she was on the train - hardly local level stuff

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t get why she’s obsessed with being “fluent” obviously no one will be without a lot of study and time just say you’re learning so you can use the language? Although in Berlin it isn’t 100% necessary as their English is amazing! So I don’t get her obsession?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don’t get why she’s obsessed with being “fluent” obviously no one will be without a lot of study and time just say you’re learning so you can use the language? Although in Berlin it isn’t 100% necessary as their English is amazing! So I don’t get her obsession?
I think it's to do with her idealised image of a 'global citizen'. Fluent in multiple languages, lived in lots of places, friends all over the world, solving all the world's problems one start up at a time...

Reactions: 24
I think it's to do with her idealised image of a 'global citizen'. Fluent in multiple languages, lived in lots of places, friends all over the world, solving all the world's problems one start up at a time...
Exactly. It feels like she's trying to hark back to the type of people who would go on grand tours in the 17th and 18th century to learn about 'culture' when really it was just an exercise in how much money they could spend abroad.

Reactions: 22
Exactly. It feels like she's trying to hark back to the type of people who would go on grand tours in the 17th and 18th century to learn about 'culture' when really it was just an exercise in how much money they could spend abroad.
"The grand sneer" - going round different countries with different cultures and look down on them because *shocker* they don't do things exactly the same as you do at home

Reactions: 15
I remember her saying that she was just casually having conversations with the locals and thinking to myself “whoa it took me 3 months of intensive language study to feel comfortable doing that!”…then I realized she was just taking the piss 😒😒

Reactions: 12
I dont think we should be critical about her wanting to become fluent. it's basic respect to attempt to use the language of the country that you're in, and to rely on everyone speaking english is quite a colonialist mindset. but the fact is she wont be fluent unless she keeps german up for years, this isnt something that will happen over the summer

Reactions: 3
I dont think we should be critical about her wanting to become fluent. it's basic respect to attempt to use the language of the country that you're in, and to rely on everyone speaking english is quite a colonialist mindset. but the fact is she wont be fluent unless she keeps german up for years, this isnt something that will happen over the summer
I agree people should learn the language of where they are living and this is one of the fundamental problems of the minerva model, moving around so much, with no language classes offered there is not really a way to do so in any real sense. What annoys me is her narcisstic, arrogant attitude of being able to become fluent in a very difficult language within months

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I haven't been keeping up because of exams but did she quarantine for the correct amount of time? It seemed to me to be pretty quick between her returning home and then going up to london to hang out with Jack and Vee

Reactions: 15
I haven't been keeping up because of exams but did she quarantine for the correct amount of time? It seemed to me to be pretty quick between her returning home and then going up to london to hang out with Jack and Vee
Seemingly not, she also doesn't seem to have done any PCR tests?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I usually don't really comment on Jade, and apologies if this was already discussed, but it really irked me that she posted parts of her online German class and I don't think she asked for consent from the others.
I get that she didn't show their faces etc. but she did include soundbites of the class. Mostly of the teacher and a tiny bit of students talking. I doubt she asked for consent on using it, as she would have mentioned it if she did and they might not appreciate someone recording the class without their knowledge and then using parts of it on YouTube. Not everyone loves the sound of their own voice as much as she does. It just annoyed me a lot. Maybe to an irrational extent lol

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I usually don't really comment on Jade, and apologies if this was already discussed, but it really irked me that she posted parts of her online German class and I don't think she asked for consent from the others.
I get that she didn't show their faces etc. but she did include soundbites of the class. Mostly of the teacher and a tiny bit of students talking. I doubt she asked for consent on using it, as she would have mentioned it if she did and they might not appreciate someone recording the class without their knowledge and then using parts of it on YouTube. Not everyone loves the sound of their own voice as much as she does. It just annoyed me a lot. Maybe to an irrational extent lol
No it’s not irrational, if someone recorded me talking in class (even unintentionally) and put it on their sm, I’d be majorly fucked off and would have no qualms about telling them to delete it. Especially if they had 500k followers lol

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I don't remember when she actually arrived back but she posted she was home on the 30th May, so she has actually done the 10 days. Shocked she actually followed the rules (or has got more savvy at not sharing everything she does).

Reactions: 11
I don't remember when she actually arrived back but she posted she was home on the 2nd of June, so she has actually done the 10 days. Shocked she actually followed the rules (or has got more savvy at not sharing everything she does).
If she arrived back on 2nd June she hasn't done that time, she saw Jack and Vee in London the other day. She could have done test to release, but you think that would be the kind of thing she would publicise to avoid criticism.

Reactions: 5
If she arrived back on 2nd June she hasn't done that time, she saw Jack and Vee in London the other day. She could have done test to release, but you think that would be the kind of thing she would publicise to avoid criticism.
I put the wrong date and edited - she posted she was home on the 30th May! So 8th June would be the last day of quarantine if she arrived in the UK that day.

Reactions: 9
No it’s not irrational, if someone recorded me talking in class (even unintentionally) and put it on their sm, I’d be majorly fucked off and would have no qualms about telling them to delete it. Especially if they had 500k followers lol
Yeh I am a teacher and would be annoyed if someone filmed my classes without asking it is a copyright issue imo

Reactions: 5
Yeh I am a teacher and would be annoyed if someone filmed my classes without asking it is a copyright issue imo
Tbh I think it’s not so bad to record a class for like your own personal use, but as soon as you start uploading it online or sending it to other people without permission, I think it’s very wrong and I’m not even sure if it’s legal.

Reactions: 10
Tbh I think it’s not so bad to record a class for like your own personal use, but as soon as you start uploading it online or sending it to other people without permission, I think it’s very wrong and I’m not even sure if it’s legal.
sometimes my students record the classes for personal use, which I am fine with but they always ask first. totally agree about posting it online. I have just seen jade is spending the weekend very nearto where I live, hoping I see her doing some cringe casual magic inthe park 😂

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.