Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but does she not mean ‘this was Maidenhead no more’?
Sorry but this is the most cringe thing I’ve read in a long time, talking about shoreditch and camden like pls
Seems like Jade is fluent in Vogon as well ...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
One of the (very, very few ...) benefits of the pandemic is that so many places have put lectures and events online. I genuinely now spend a lot of my lunch breaks attending talks and all sorts of stuff that’s happening all over the world, and it’s really good. I hope this carries on when things get back to ‘normality’, as there are things I would never have been able to attend that I can now go to through Zoom.
Awww that's awesome. Could you maybe share where you find these talks? Would love to attend :)

Reactions: 4
When she says "dutch, I intuitively understand it because of my mum". Does she thinks languages are inherited, as if they're a genetic trait or something?

I really don't understand what she means by she intuitively understands dutch when she said her mum didn't speak to her in Dutch.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
When she says "dutch, I intuitively understand it because of my mum". Does she thinks languages are inherited, as if they're a genetic trait or something?

I really don't understand what she means by she intuitively understands dutch when she said her mum didn't speak to her in Dutch.
My Dad is Italian, my Mum Hungarian. I was born in Germany. Let me confirm that you don't inherit languages xD (magical sarcasm here) it took me literally 10 years to learn Hungarian, and still don't speak Italian.
I really don't know why Jade thinks she can learn a language in a few weeks. It takes YEARS.

Reactions: 24

That's exactly what she's implying. She's an absolute div, she just loves any opportunity to brag about how cool and international she is because her mum is Dutch (which, btw, I know tonnes of people with a Dutch parent, I actually think in the UK it must be one of the most common nationalities to have)

Reactions: 17

Yeah this really pisses me off. I’m half Estonian, my mum is Estonian and she and my dad (English, he knew a little bit too) spoke to me in English and Estonian up until I was 5. I then went to school, realised English was the only language people spoke at school and my mum sorta just gave up bc it was too hard to get me to speak in Estonian after that (she really regrets this btw lol). Anyway, fast forward to August last year (I was 21 then, now 22) and I started taking Estonian lessons. Yes, lessons Jade, they’re the thing you actually need to do to learn a language properly. I’m literally nowhere bleeping near fluent. I can’t even really hold a basic conversation. I’ve been learning for nearly a year, and I can tell you I don’t bleeping have an “intuitive understanding” because my mum spoke to me in it. Sure I kinda know the sounds and stuff and could recognise some words and phrases before learning it properly, but that’s also bc I went there every summer up until COVID. The audacity she has to spout this bullshit just baffles me. Sorry for the long comment but I just had to get that off my chest ahahah

Reactions: 22
Awww that's awesome. Could you maybe share where you find these talks? Would love to attend :)
one find good is frontline, it is a journalists association and they have very interesting talks

Reactions: 2
Erm ... all sorts of places, I’m signed up to a lot of newsletters and stuff for various interests and they send through things all the time. The Conversation’s daily news digest is good, at the bottom of the newsletters they link to lots of talks at various universities and then though those I tend to find lots of other things that look interesting. I love books and literature and I’m a member of quite a few FB groups for various authors and genres and they often post links to lectures that various members are giving. You can also find quite a lot of things by looking at the calendars of events on university websites, they have links to concerts, seminars and public lectures and most are free to attend. A lot of the events are recorded so if you sign up and can’t go, there’s often an opportunity to watch the presentations later. Many of the big museums and organisations like the Royal Society also have online public lectures. You do have to do a bit of digging but I’ve been able to attend so many public lectures that I just wouldn’t have been able to get to before.

Reactions: 8
Like I just don't get it because she seems to think you can just "intuitively" understand a language because your parent speaks it
.she said her mum stopped speaking to her in Dutch as a child. So it makes no sense and is so frustrating. You have to put so much effort into learning a language. It is not intuitive.

Reactions: 13
Do you think her next video will be her returning to the UK or something else? I’m surprised with this quarantine time she hasn’t put more videos out?

Reactions: 4
Erm ... all sorts of places, I’m signed up to a lot of newsletters and stuff for various interests and they send through things all the time. The Conversation’s daily news digest is good, at the bottom of the newsletters they link to lots of talks at various universities and then though those I tend to find lots of other things that look interesting. I love books and literature and I’m a member of quite a few FB groups for various authors and genres and they often post links to lectures that various members are giving. You can also find quite a lot of things by looking at the calendars of events on university websites, they have links to concerts, seminars and public lectures and most are free to attend. A lot of the events are recorded so if you sign up and can’t go, there’s often an opportunity to watch the presentations later. Many of the big museums and organisations like the Royal Society also have online public lectures. You do have to do a bit of digging but I’ve been able to attend so many public lectures that I just wouldn’t have been able to get to before.
the RSA is good also and they have a really big back catalogue. skeptics in the pub also has some interesting stuff

Reactions: 3
Do you think her next video will be her returning to the UK or something else? I’m surprised with this quarantine time she hasn’t put more videos out?
Minerva internships should start soon-ish so I’m gonna bet on more “Minerva is amazing” sort of stuff - as I assume her internship will be for them again

during this time we should also look out for any news articles she appears in as some sort of ambassador for Minerva. She’s very much being paid for those and it’s scummy because the average reader wouldn’t know

Reactions: 11
on the language learning topic, its also not like she consistently spoke the language growing up. My mother exclusively spoke to me in portuguese throughout my entire childhood and I then studied portuguese literature for the last two years. thats why I consider myself fluent. That's why I most of the time intuitively use the grammar rules I was taught by my mother, even though I was never explicitly taught them. Thats a completely different set of circumstances, which just goes to show how ridiculous her claims are

on the language learning topic, its also not like she consistently spoke the language growing up. My mother exclusively spoke to me in portuguese throughout my entire childhood and I then studied portuguese literature for the last two years. thats why I consider myself fluent. That's why I most of the time intuitively use the grammar rules I was taught by my mother, even though I was never explicitly taught them. Thats a completely different set of circumstances, which just goes to show how ridiculous her claims are
exactly that is totally different, in the same way most native English speakers wouldn't be able to explain a non native the rules of English grammar, you just learn them and (usually) know correctly what sounds right. intuitive understanding does not extend to a totally different language, let alone when she barely speaks Dutch in the first place

Reactions: 15
She does know the huge difference between being "conversational" (like asking where the bathroom is, how much somethings costs) and being "fluent" (reading adult novels (no, not children's books like Ruby) with no difficulties), right? Also "conversational" does not mean nodding your head, smiling smugly, while telling the poor person to speak into Google translate..

Forget language barriers though, Jaded has serious logic barriers. I can imagine her speaking only to "German Germans" because only they understand her "perfectly fluent German" :rolleyes:

Reactions: 25
She does know the huge difference between being "conversational" (like asking where the bathroom is, how much somethings costs) and being "fluent" (reading adult novels (no, not children's books like Ruby) with no difficulties), right? Also "conversational" does not mean nodding your head, smiling smugly, while telling the poor person to speak into Google translate..

Forget language barriers though, Jaded has serious logic barriers. I can imagine her speaking only to "German Germans" because only they understand her "perfectly fluent German" :rolleyes:
I think conversational would be even more than that, it is the ability to have a (basic) conversation. I imagine her level of any of the languages she imagines she can speak to be very much at the "asking for basic information" stage that you might brush up on in the week before a holiday

Reactions: 12
Why is she posting about how bad it is that Instagram is 'highlight reely' right now when that's exactly what she posts? She just posts photos to try and make people jealous of her casual magic life

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.