Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
because she already is fluent in korean of course!
oops my bad, of course she is! But then why is Dutch also still on the list? She is obviously fluent in that too???!?!?!!

Screenshot_2021-06-04-20-45-04-339_com.instagram.android.jpg

"Der Drittens Mai" I'm sorry but I can't

I'd never make fun of someone for language mistakes in conversation when they're still learning but at least get your vocabulary list right and make it make sense, like I get that she's trying to learn the dates here but you can't put some of them in different cases ("vierten Juli" is accusative or dative (right? depending on the article, which she of course didn't include, so it makes even less sense), "der erster Mai" and "der drittens Mai" is supposed to be nominative (I'm assuming))

• Haha
Reactions: 24
oops my bad, of course she is! But then why is Dutch also still on the list? She is obviously fluent in that too???!?!?!!

View attachment 603209

I'd never make fun of someone for language mistakes in conversation when they're still learning but at least get your vocabulary list right and make it make sense, like I get that she's trying to learn the dates here but you can't put some of them in different cases ("vierten Juli" is accusative or dative (right? depending on the article, which she of course didn't include, so it makes even less sense), "der erster Mai" and "der drittens Mai" is supposed to be nominative (I'm assuming))
totally agree, also I get people making (myself included) mistakes in spoken/written language when you are doing it spontaneoudly, but when you are making notes to learn?!

Reactions: 8
Not to mention the fact that sentence structure is WAY different in German than in English, it took me years to be able to ✨intuitively✨ use it, no way is she going to be able to grasp even the basics in a few months. I find that for German one needs a really good foundation to the language, to have someone explain why things are the way they are etc, such a random style of learning is absolutely not the way to go.

Reactions: 17
As someone who is actually fluent in 3 languages it annoys me so much that she STILL thinks she’ll reach fluency in a couple of weeks. It’s so incredibly arrogant. French, Dutch, German, Korean - every time she thought she was gonna become fluent in no time because it’s all so fun, easy and ✨natural✨ for her, and every time she failed.
Jade, you have no idea how much effort and time (years!) it takes to become fluent in a foreign language. And no, being able to “hold a conversation“ is not the same thing as fluency 🙄
The tests I took in my third language suggest I'm fluent in it... I still feel embarrassed to say it or tell a native speaker; I'm so self-conscious about my acvent and the small errors I make (almost inevitably so because I no longer get to use it on a regular basis). And then there's Jade with her *A2 level✨ f l u e n c y ✨ * attitide and I realize I should be more confident...

Reactions: 19
I haven’t studied modern languages at university, but I’ve been self studying languages since I was 10 (including Dutch). Her ignorance is baffling. She will not be fluent in German when she moves there as she said. She won’t be fluent by the time she leaves. It takes probably a year or more of living in a country to get to a level that could even be considered close to fluent, and that’s when you are 100% immersed. Jade goes to an English speaking university and speaks English with her friends. I would imagine with the intense minerva workload, self studying German in between would be impossible. And the “it’s intuitive bc dutch!!” thing?? She doesn’t even know Dutch! How can it be intuitive?!! As you have all said above, someone trying to learn a language should never be mocked. But this is someone who has made MULTIPLE language learning videos and given advice on language learning techniques who is so clearly and obviously unaware of the language learning process.

I'd love to see her do a video all in German just to compare it to the videos Eve has done in German. You know Jade would be so much more smug about it even though Eve is literally going to have a degree in German.
Nah Ever actually speaks German and Jade pretends to be fluent so idk if you can compare them. Eve has been learning German for years and is pursuing it as a degree. Coming from someone who speaks German fluently, her German is really good! Obviously not perfect but still really really good. Jade however thinks she can master the language in a month, her arrogance is baffling.

Reactions: 21
I'd love to see her do a video all in German just to compare it to the videos Eve has done in German. You know Jade would be so much more smug about it even though Eve is literally going to have a degree in German.
Every single time I hear her speak a different language it sounds almost like she’s trying to keep her English accent- it’s just so bad.

Reactions: 15
1622844323211.png

Guys, I'm sorry, I can't :ROFLMAO:
Keats is shook, from ✨polyglot fairy✨ to ✨poetic genius✨

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Nah Ever actually speaks German and Jade pretends to be fluent so idk if you can compare them. Eve has been learning German for years and is pursuing it as a degree. Coming from someone who speaks German fluently, her German is really good! Obviously not perfect but still really really good. Jade however thinks she can master the language in a month, her arrogance is baffling.
That's the point lol, Jade would be arrogant enough to try it but would be terrible. If she's going to claim to be 'fluent' in a few weeks, she needs to prove it by doing something like this.

Reactions: 5
Just want to point this out quickly but obviously I’m no ✨language expert✨ like Jade, it’s 감사합니다, that’s kamsahaBnida, not kamsahamnida, the letter in question (ㅂ) can be romanised as either b or p, obviously it’s an entirely different language system so there’s no exact translation to the English alphabet, but there’s absolutely no way ㅂ can be translated as m. I know she said she wrote this bs when she first got to Korea, but surely the very basics of the language is Hangul (the lettering system) and before you go you would learn kamsahabnida since it literally means thank you, one of if not the most basic phrase you need in any country.
Even if she did write it upon arrival, why would she not correct it now? Since she’s supposedly such an expert?
Just another example of her crappy language learning I suppose, since I literally only spent about two hours learning Korean in my entire life, and I could spot that mistake a mile off.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Jade gives the same energy as how some men just walk into any room and expect to be listened to over everyone else because of their own self defined superiority over everyone else. She's always been smug about appearing superior to other people, it used to be 'not like those other girls' at school with her studying videos and now it's how she's just so ✨magical✨ in being more intellectually advanced than anyone she's ever met before, or being patronising about other people to raise herself up.

Reactions: 43
Solidarity with all the other folks on here who’ve been studying a language for 8+ years and still don’t consider themselves fluent. I started French in Yr 7 and am now in my second year of university studying it at a professional level - even still I am NO way fluent, I’m around a B2-C1 level but still so much more to go.

her posts really diminish the effort we as language students have to put in to master a language. I’m Italian and spoke it as a toddler but that didn’t give me ✨casual magic✨ In understanding French. It was Just pure hard work for 8 years.

Reactions: 24
Just want to point this out quickly but obviously I’m no ✨language expert✨ like Jade, it’s 감사합니다, that’s kamsahaBnida, not kamsahamnida, the letter in question (ㅂ) can be romanised as either b or p, obviously it’s an entirely different language system so there’s no exact translation to the English alphabet, but there’s absolutely no way ㅂ can be translated as m. I know she said she wrote this bs when she first got to Korea, but surely the very basics of the language is Hangul (the lettering system) and before you go you would learn kamsahabnida since it literally means thank you, one of if not the most basic phrase you need in any country.
actually no, ㅂ becomes ㅁ ("m") when followed by ㄴ or ㄹ (or something like that, I'm not entirely sure of the rule, but Jade is correct here). Not sure if this is the "official" romansiation (it might differ between romanisations too, i honestly don't know) but I've definitely seen it like that, so at least it's an approximation of the pronunication that's somewhat 'phonetic' (for English speakers).

edit: It's obviously not supposed to be a romanisation anyway because she spelled it kamsahamneeda, I'm pretty sure all romanisation systems would use "i" here - it's supposed to be a phonetic spelling of how she spoke at the beginning (and possibly still does lol). It even says "clumsy", it's supposed to be a bit off, so even if she was incorrect about the ㅂ/m thing, I would interpret this as a stylistic choice, rather than a mistake - it is a poem after all (albeit a bad one; wow I can't believe I'm defending jade here)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
actually no, ㅂ becomes ㅁ ("m") when followed by ㄴ or ㄹ (or something like that, I'm not entirely sure of the rule, but Jade is correct here). Not sure if this is the "official" romansiation (it might differ between romanisations too, i honestly don't know) but I've definitely seen it like that, so at least it's an approximation of the pronunication that's somewhat 'phonetic' (for English speakers).

edit: It's obviously not supposed to be a romanisation anyway because she spelled it kamsahamneeda, I'm pretty sure all romanisation systems would use "i" here - it's supposed to be a phonetic spelling of how she spoke at the beginning (and possibly still does lol). It even says "clumsy", it's supposed to be a bit off, so even if she was incorrect about the ㅂ/m thing, I would interpret this as a stylistic choice, rather than a mistake - it is a poem after all (albeit a bad one; wow I can't believe I'm defending jade here)
I must correct myself then, unlike Jade I can own up to my mistakes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
du
even just the fact that she is jumping from one language to the next, french, dutch, german, korean. There is no point jumping on to a new language until you are relatively proficient in the first one imo, I would rather speak one or two languages well than know a smattering of words in 6 different ones.
This intuitive thing is just cringe, it can feel intuitive but it doesn't mean it is, I don't speak German or Korean but people here seem to be constantly commenting that she is making very basic mistakes
dunning kreuger effect much

Reactions: 4
Yeah but would the video be in German-German?

• Haha

View attachment 603209

I am dutch, and I did one year of German in Year 9... Yes it was easier for me since I'm fluent in dutch but Jade, sweetie, you studied dutch for a full week and that was it. You don't get 'intuition' from that.

Also saw her stories about wanting to move to the NL after school and I really don't want her to. The Netherlands is overpopulated and housing is so expensive nowadays. You can't afford a simple attached brick house on one salary alone and apartments for students in the Randstad are really expensive for students as there's been an increased demand since there's more competition from international students. There's just been an influx of foreigners and the NL is simply not big enough for it. I'm sure her MLM daddy can afford it but it gets a bit hard for the rest of us. I don't hate foreigners or anything, but I don't like my life and the lives of other people in NL being made harder because of them.

Also, I understand she's half-dutch but that doesn't change my stance. She hasn't grown up there and didn't even bother "speak" the language until last summer.

Why can't Jade just... Idk... Stay put? For once?

Reactions: 23
She can't be in the UK because being abroad and acting superior to the locals are her only personality traits

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.