Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She always manages to surprise me with how dumb she is.

Again how does it feel intuitive when you don’t know Dutch...
View attachment 602820

That punchable smug face again
Also Jade, you won’t be able to actually SPEAK German after such a shirt time so there’s gonna be nothing to be smug about...
View attachment 602821

Like wow.
Her limited vocabulary in her mother tongue proves well enough she has no talent for languages.
View attachment 602822

View attachment 602823

No you don’t intuitively understand it Jade, you don’t even know Dutch.
View attachment 602824

Awww such a shocker. I thought it was so intuitive after all🙃View attachment 602825
even just the fact that she is jumping from one language to the next, french, dutch, german, korean. There is no point jumping on to a new language until you are relatively proficient in the first one imo, I would rather speak one or two languages well than know a smattering of words in 6 different ones.
This intuitive thing is just cringe, it can feel intuitive but it doesn't mean it is, I don't speak German or Korean but people here seem to be constantly commenting that she is making very basic mistakes

Reactions: 22
I'd love to see her do a video all in German just to compare it to the videos Eve has done in German. You know Jade would be so much more smug about it even though Eve is literally going to have a degree in German.

Reactions: 25
I'd love to see her do a video all in German just to compare it to the videos Eve has done in German. You know Jade would be so much more smug about it even though Eve is literally going to have a degree in German.
loads of people have said it before, but she should have just done a language degree, I studied abroad for a year in 2 different countries as part of mine and the amount I learned in that time was more than I had learning in 2 years at uni

Reactions: 14

View attachment 602820

That punchable smug face again
Also Jade, you won’t be able to actually SPEAK German after such a shirt time so there’s gonna be nothing to be smug about...
View attachment 602821

Like wow.
Her limited vocabulary in her mother tongue proves well enough she has no talent for languages.
View attachment 602822

View attachment 602823

No you don’t intuitively understand it Jade, you don’t even know Dutch.
View attachment 602824

Awww such a shocker. I thought it was so intuitive after all🙃View attachment 602825
I did German for five years at school and those literally look more basic than my year 8 notes (the year I started). The learning she’s describing is also very similar to A Level, she’s not going to get anywhere near fluent. To believe you can become fluent in a language in three months, especially one as difficult as German is pure delusion. Even some of the easiest languages take at least a year to learn and that’s with extensive studying and most likely living in that country, and that’s for people who are already experts in language learning. It’s so obvious she sees things as easier than they are, on a personal note I kind of get it, I also kind of start a lot of things and get frustrated the second it gets hard, but at least I’m not lying to myself and saying I can be perfect at things with little practice.

loads of people have said it before, but she should have just done a language degree, I studied abroad for a year in 2 different countries as part of mine and the amount I learned in that time was more than I had learning in 2 years at uni
You really need to do a language at A Level to get onto a decent language degree course.

Reactions: 11
I did German for five years at school and those literally look more basic than my year 8 notes (the year I started). The learning she’s describing is also very similar to A Level, she’s not going to get anywhere near fluent. To believe you can become fluent in a language in three months, especially one as difficult as German is pure delusion. Even some of the easiest languages take at least a year to learn and that’s with extensive studying and most likely living in that country, and that’s for people who are already experts in language learning. It’s so obvious she sees things as easier than they are, on a personal note I kind of get it, I also kind of start a lot of things and get frustrated the second it gets hard, but at least I’m not lying to myself and saying I can be perfect at things with little practice.

You really need to do a language at A Level to get onto a decent language degree course.
She could have taken two years out and done the A level though, or she could have gone to a uni with a more flexible degree structure to do a language - I live in Scotland and our degree structure means you don't really need to firm up what degree you're doing until part way through your second year, since we can take multiple varying subjects in 1st and 2nd year and you can get onto language degrees even if you started the language at uni. She had options, she just wants to pretend her fake uni is making her fluent in loads.

Reactions: 16
As someone who is actually fluent in 3 languages it annoys me so much that she STILL thinks she’ll reach fluency in a couple of weeks. It’s so incredibly arrogant. French, Dutch, German, Korean - every time she thought she was gonna become fluent in no time because it’s all so fun, easy and ✨natural✨ for her, and every time she failed.
Jade, you have no idea how much effort and time (years!) it takes to become fluent in a foreign language. And no, being able to “hold a conversation“ is not the same thing as fluency 🙄

Reactions: 26

I went to a redbrick uni and there were courses where you didn't need a language background as you could start from 0, part of my course was a language I had never studied and lots of people I knew did the same, ie a business degree with a course in French/arabic etc

Reactions: 4
Jade mistakes that ugly smug face for "confidence".

It's not confidence, it's being conceited.

I'm lucky to have lots of good kind friends who are decent people and none of them pull that face when they're feeling confident.

Reactions: 19
I just don't know how she doesn't get tired of making the language learning stuff her personality constantly

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I went to a redbrick uni and there were courses where you didn't need a language background as you could start from 0, part of my course was a language I had never studied and lots of people I knew did the same, ie a business degree with a course in French/arabic etc
Do Minerva offer any kind of formal language learning? Their degree just seems very general and it doesn’t look like there are any language modules on offer. At most unis you can do quite a lot of languages as extra-curriculars but Minerva don’t seem to offer that either. Are they just relying on immersion for everything?

Reactions: 7
Do Minerva offer any kind of formal language learning? Their degree just seems very general and it doesn’t look like there are any language modules on offer. At most unis you can do quite a lot of languages as extra-curriculars but Minerva don’t seem to offer that either. Are they just relying on immersion for everything?
From what I have seen (apart from the volunteering things they seem to do?) the extra curricula things are basically organised by students themselves, I vaguely remember jade starting some kind of creative writing group?

Reactions: 8
From what I have seen (apart from the volunteering things they seem to do?) the extra curricula things are basically organised by students themselves, I vaguely remember jade starting some kind of creative writing group?
That would irritate me - at my normal, boring, physical uni there were so many clubs and classes you could take in addition to your degree. I took language classes in French, Latin and Arabic and it didn’t cost me a penny, and I was involved in quite a few societies. I worked at conferences and got to attend and hear some great speakers, and I helped organise events that brought me into contact with some brilliant people. Minerva just doesn’t seem to have any of those opportunities and it doesn’t seem like good value for money, when you compare what you could do at a ‘normal‘ uni and how that can benefit you. I can’t help but think some of these students like Jade are going to be in for a bit of a shock if they think that just putting ‘Minerva’ on their CV is going to have much currency outside of a small group, when they’re up against good students with understandable CVs, lots of extracurricular activities and strong degrees.

Reactions: 13
That would irritate me - at my normal, boring, physical uni there were so many clubs and classes you could take in addition to your degree. I took language classes in French, Latin and Arabic and it didn’t cost me a penny, and I was involved in quite a few societies. I worked at conferences and got to attend and hear some great speakers, and I helped organise events that brought me into contact with some brilliant people. Minerva just doesn’t seem to have any of those opportunities and it doesn’t seem like good value for money, when you compare what you could do at a ‘normal‘ uni and how that can benefit you. I can’t help but think some of these students like Jade are going to be in for a bit of a shock if they think that just putting ‘Minerva’ on their CV is going to have much currency outside of a small group, when they’re up against good students with understandable CVs, lots of extracurricular activities and strong degrees.
totally agree, even not being at a university once you have graduated (or even not been) there are SO many interesting talks etc to attend free at universities, I am spoilt as I live in London admittedly, but (pre covid) I would pretty much attend weekly talks/ lectures for free at world renowned unis. obviously these exist everywhere, but if you don't speak the language well how would you be able to benefit from it? a huge part of the whole uni experience is lost on minerva students

Reactions: 9
totally agree, even not being at a university once you have graduated (or even not been) there are SO many interesting talks etc to attend free at universities, I am spoilt as I live in London admittedly, but (pre covid) I would pretty much attend weekly talks/ lectures for free at world renowned unis. obviously these exist everywhere, but if you don't speak the language well how would you be able to benefit from it? a huge part of the whole uni experience is lost on minerva students
One of the (very, very few ...) benefits of the pandemic is that so many places have put lectures and events online. I genuinely now spend a lot of my lunch breaks attending talks and all sorts of stuff that’s happening all over the world, and it’s really good. I hope this carries on when things get back to ‘normality’, as there are things I would never have been able to attend that I can now go to through Zoom.

Reactions: 8
One of the (very, very few ...) benefits of the pandemic is that so many places have put lectures and events online. I genuinely now spend a lot of my lunch breaks attending talks and all sorts of stuff that’s happening all over the world, and it’s really good. I hope this carries on when things get back to ‘normality’, as there are things I would never have been able to attend that I can now go to through Zoom.
agree, albeit it is not the same as being in person and being able to tal to whoever is sitting next to you etc, for people who cannot physically attend this has really been great

Reactions: 5

View attachment 602820
The fact that a lot of those words in German are not even spelled right 😭 girrrl come on. the bare minimum! you can't learn a language when you memorise vocabs wrong! And put the article in front of every noun omg!

Reactions: 21
They don't! I looked this up a while back, they say: "Minerva does not offer foreign language courses or majors. However, as you live in different countries you have the opportunity to enroll in local language classes and to practice the language and experience the culture first hand. In addition, our international student body naturally lends itself to language clubs and ample informal opportunities to practice a language." https://www.minerva.kgi.edu/frequently-asked-questions/#curriculum

• Sick
Reactions: 18
They don't! I looked this up a while back, they say: "Minerva does not offer foreign language courses or majors. However, as you live in different countries you have the opportunity to enroll in local language classes and to practice the language and experience the culture first hand. In addition, our international student body naturally lends itself to language clubs and ample informal opportunities to practice a language." https://www.minerva.kgi.edu/frequently-asked-questions/#curriculum
i.e. " you have the opportunity to pay even more.."

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Also, how weird is it that Korean isn't on the list? She can obviously learn whatever languages she wants but all she has been saying for the past few months is that she wants to be fluent in Korean?

Reactions: 28
Also, how weird is it that Korean isn't on the list? She can obviously learn whatever languages she wants but all she has been saying for the past few months is that she wants to be fluent in Korean?
because she already is fluent in korean of course!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.