Unjaded Jade #5 Ask her about Switzerland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also interesting, found this question on quora: https://www.quora.com/How-smart-are-Minerva-students-compared-to-students-at-Ivy-League-schools

How smart are Minerva students compared to students at Ivy League schools?
Short answer: Perhaps about the same or slightly more at the start of college, but much smarter only after a short while.

:rolleyes:
"Now, just to give you a human perspective: I got to witness it happen in front of my own eyes! As Minerva employee, I get to work with some of the student interns and see how much they've grown. Constantly and daily, they start to apply what they learn in class (things such as understanding audiences, detecting false assumptions/fallacies, distinguishing correlation vs. causation, etc...) and even teach back what they learn for me. Over time, these HCs become so natural to them, like a habit, a knee-jerk reaction.

One time, I was saying some untested statement, something about the TPP agreement that's grossly generalizing. An IC student (who has learned only 2 months at Minerva) shook his head right away: "I'm so disappointed in you for basing all of your judgment in false assumptions!" And he went on to explain to me what the fallacies were. I couldn't believe he was still the same person who I met 2 months earlier right after he was admitted."

I'm sorry but 1) that's such a rude way to say that to your superior, no surprise Jade's internship advice is so weird? Like, yes, sure, point out when someone makes a false assumption but if they actually phrased it like that? yikes. and 2) clearly can't be true if the students use wikipedia as sources and trust minerva's faked admission statistic?

• Sick
Reactions: 29
I saw on Chretien's insta today that he was on a train to Busan. :unsure:
Also, here's a picture of jade in a car with friends one week ago (source: chiudiana, a student from Minerva in Seoul, she has a whole highlight on insta which gives an insight on the students there)

A lot of the students are hanging out and eating out, but that goes against the rules right? 😕

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
"Now, just to give you a human perspective: I got to witness it happen in front of my own eyes! As Minerva employee, I get to work with some of the student interns and see how much they've grown. Constantly and daily, they start to apply what they learn in class (things such as understanding audiences, detecting false assumptions/fallacies, distinguishing correlation vs. causation, etc...) and even teach back what they learn for me. Over time, these HCs become so natural to them, like a habit, a knee-jerk reaction.

One time, I was saying some untested statement, something about the TPP agreement that's grossly generalizing. An IC student (who has learned only 2 months at Minerva) shook his head right away: "I'm so disappointed in you for basing all of your judgment in false assumptions!" And he went on to explain to me what the fallacies were. I couldn't believe he was still the same person who I met 2 months earlier right after he was admitted."

I'm sorry but 1) that's such a rude way to say that to your superior, no surprise Jade's internship advice is so weird? Like, yes, sure, point out when someone makes a false assumption but if they actually phrased it like that? yikes. and 2) clearly can't be true if the students use wikipedia as sources and trust minerva's faked admission statistic?
jesus christ.... every time there is something new about minerva I think they have hit a new ridiculous low.... every time it is something more absurd. So this (presumably) lecturer is basically admitting their students are more knowledgebale than them? Clearly this is just crap but do they think this looks impressive anyway?
Side note, do not EVER think I will get over her usiing wikipedia as a reference :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Reactions: 8
Also, here's a picture of jade in a car with friends one week ago (source: chiudiana, a student from Minerva in Seoul, she has a whole highlight on insta which gives an insight on the students there)

A lot of the students are hanging out and eating out, but that goes against the rules right? 😕
She looks struggling and devastated, poor kid 😭 duck these people, honestly. I don't care what embellished nonsense she comes up with, begging for kindness and understanding. She is doing a-okay and doesn't give a tit. Clear as day.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

I think its up to 4 people for a gathering? not 100% though. So technically I don’t think they’d be breaking any rules?

Reactions: 3
I think its up to 4 people for a gathering? not 100% though. So technically I don’t think they’d be breaking any rules?
the thing is, even if it is 4, I assume they are mixing with lots of other people at different times. so it is not just like 4 really. I also think (personally) it is not just about following the very basic rules, they should be doing the most they possibly can

Reactions: 21
the thing is, even if it is 4, I assume they are mixing with lots of other people at different times. so it is not just like 4 really. I also think (personally) it is not just about following the very basic rules, they should be doing the most they possibly can
They’ll live with at 2 others so really they shouldn’t be meeting up with anyone else, like maybe one person, what I don’t get it how they all so blatantly put it all over social media, also how disrespectful to entire country trying to safeguard itself from what’s happening in the UK, they all think they’re above it but the time is coming, it starts with Jade but this university won’t last long, even if it goes for another 5 years, it won’t attract the right people they want, and when the media start to pick up things (and eventually they will) they’re all fucked. Enjoy the cult Jade because cults never end in a good way

• Heart
Reactions: 20
oh 100%, i can imagine the response from jade, that they hadn’t done anything wrong and had followed all the rules, when really they’re doing the bare minimum if that. I think people in Korea definitely expect a lot more, as they should.

Reactions: 7
oh 100%, i can imagine the response from jade, that they hadn’t done anything wrong and had followed all the rules, when really they’re doing the bare minimum if that. I think people in Korea definitely expect a lot more, as they should.
exactly, especially when you have travelled (unecessarily) to another place. I hope Minerva ends up being sued by one of these countries tbh. Teh attitude of most of the minerva students is just SO tory and self entitled, "I am fine so will do what I like"

Reactions: 13
Just to clarify: that image was just informational, as was the instagram account of the Minerva student. It's a good 'source' to keep an eye on the Minerva students and Jade in Seoul, but that's the only reason of sending the picture.

Also, I don't live in South Korea so I don't know the regulations 😬 but I just guessed it would be against the regulations

jesus christ.... every time there is something new about minerva I think they have hit a new ridiculous low.... every time it is something more absurd. So this (presumably) lecturer is basically admitting their students are more knowledgebale than them? Clearly this is just crap but do they think this looks impressive anyway?
Side note, do not EVER think I will get over her usiing wikipedia as a reference :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
She said she's a regional manager for South-East Asia (so not a lecturer) and graduated Summa Cum Laude from Brown with a B.A. in International Development

She said she's a regional manager for South-East Asia (so not a lecturer) and graduated Summa Cum Laude from Brown with a B.A. in International Development
I still think that is strange... presumably she did go to uni to get that job? How can she have less knowledge than a early 20 something?!

Reactions: 2

I don't think eating out technically goes against the rules (if it did, the restaurants wouldn't allow it, right?) but it's just not recommended... in chiudiana's highlight the story where she says "studying in a Korean cafe" and films the cafe, the cafe is completely empty except for her (and whoever she is there with), does that not make her think "mmh I'm the only one here, maybe I should've stayed home too"?

I still think that is strange... presumably she did go to uni to get that job? How can she have less knowledge than a early 20 something?!
yeah, brown university, an ivy league

Reactions: 8
I don't think eating out technically goes against the rules (if it did, the restaurants wouldn't allow it, right?) but it's just not recommended... in chiudiana's highlight the story where she says "studying in a Korean cafe" and films the cafe, the cafe is completely empty except for her (and whoever she is there with), does that not make her think "mmh I'm the only one here, maybe I should've stayed home too"

yeah, brown university, an ivy league
Yes I actually ment eating out with different people every time (in the highlights, she usually hangs out with the same people, but I don't think all of the Minerva students in general do that) 😬

Reactions: 2
It'll be one of those apology which isn't apology type things, like when people say "I'm sorry if I offended anyone" raather than actually admitting they were wrong
Oh absolutely, even better when it's "I'm sorry you felt offended"

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Chretien has posted a story to IG with the caption “another day, another Korean city” what the everlasting duck

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I thought they're meant to be studying lmao?

How do they have enough time for very hard and intellectual Minerva lessons while travelling Korea?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Also 2 months are such a short time span. That person was like that before, nothing to do with Minerva.

Reactions: 5
Chretien has posted a story to IG with the caption “another day, another Korean city” what the everlasting duck
Can someone just call them out already?
I'd wish they'd get covid but they'll probably go and spread it, so I can't do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.