Unjaded Jade #5 Ask her about Switzerland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just binge watched a bunch of her older videos, and the number of times she mentions that she got all A* in her A-levels is astounding. She brings it up at every opportunity and even at unrelated times. It's really grating.

It seems that was the peak of her academic performance. If she ever got any great marks since then she would have definitely humble-bragged about it by now.

But she doesn't really seem to be that interested in studying anymore, and it definitely looks like the only reason she picked Minerva was because of the travel aspect. Which is totally fine! But I really wish she would stop banging on about the acceptance rate. Doesn't she realise that's what they tell their students to make them feel special and important? She really isn't smarter than 98% of the population. If Minerva is really harder to get into than Oxford, then why didn't she get in? Makes no sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I guess I'm a shittier person than you guys because I can't give a fig about if she's been affected by COVID or not, in any way. She's been doing everything to become a liability to the healthcare workers of every country she's been in, she's constantly lying in order to get away with what she does and risking others without a care for how they would be affected. If she or someone in her family gets seriously affected by the virus she has zero ground to sit and whine about it. I'm sick of the lot of them, every single person who thinks their own frail mental health and wish to travel is above the situation of the pandemic. Everyone is sick of it, you're not special? She lost her wits after 10 days in lockdown, how does she think the rest of the world has been doing after a year of on and off lockdowns? Selfish entitled stupid rich kids pretending to be woke and caring makes me want to hurl, social media is seriously a mess.
I was literally gonna say she sadly deserves whatever is coming for her if she gets affected

There are people who sat at home, went to a shop with a mask or somewhere else (schools seem to be popular) and got COVID - not exactly their fault.
Uni students who got COVID because they were forced to go to their accommodation and testing wasn't a thing - not exactly their fault, unless they purposefully mixed households while at uni.
She's travelling around without a care in the world, if she gets COVID and it's bad or leaves her with some degree of long-COVID... well it's her fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I just binge watched a bunch of her older videos, and the number of times she mentions that she got all A* in her A-levels is astounding. She brings it up at every opportunity and even at unrelated times. It's really grating.

It seems that was the peak of her academic performance. If she ever got any great marks since then she would have definitely humble-bragged about it by now.

But she doesn't really seem to be that interested in studying anymore, and it definitely looks like the only reason she picked Minerva was because of the travel aspect. Which is totally fine! But I really wish she would stop banging on about the acceptance rate. Doesn't she realise that's what they tell their students to make them feel special and important? She really isn't smarter than 98% of the population. If Minerva is really harder to get into than Oxford, then why didn't she get in? Makes no sense.
I think it is not just the travel aspect, but the fact that it couldn't be compared to Oxford, had she gone to Bristol (still a reall good uni and obviously a redbrick) but it is clear that it is below Oxford in terms of ranking. Going to a totally different uni doesn't let people do this.
Unsurprised she is bored with studying, the courses all look so mundane

Reactions: 16
They really do!
But she makes it out like it's sooo super exciting to guesstimate a random donut shop's income.
I cannot remember which video it was, some one in Berlin with her flatmate, they were both complaing about some project, but then "but it is so interesting" - did not sound at all convincing, Dinara often does the same, this is why I am convinced they are both paid by Minerva

They really do!
But she makes it out like it's sooo super exciting to guesstimate a random donut shop's income.
exciting or in any way useful

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know what the rules actually are in South Korea at the moment? If we criticise her/Minerva students when they aren't breaking them, it lessens the impact when she's called out for genuine reasons...

Reactions: 4
Reactions: 11
they have really strict rules: http://ncov.mohw.go.kr/en/infoBoard...141&dataGubun=&ncvContSeq=&contSeq=&board_id=
you have to wear a mask everywhere and are supposed to avoid all non essential outings/meeting with groups etc
I can see the argument being that these aren't actual laws (I assume by the wording) but the counterpoint to that is that the country is taking it seriously enough for them to basically be laws.

It doesn't sound like the UK where people will just shrug at you or tut at you a bit

Reactions: 8
I cannot remember which video it was, some one in Berlin with her flatmate, they were both complaing about some project, but then "but it is so interesting" - did not sound at all convincing, Dinara often does the same, this is why I am convinced they are both paid by Minerva
They both might be paid by Minerva, but I don't think that's it. I think I read/heard somewhere that Minerva has rules for criticising them on the internet because they think the right thing is for students to tell Minerva criticism directly or whatever (to maintain their "good" public reputation), so they have to do it to not breach Minerva rules.
A little culty if you ask me.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
They both might be paid by Minerva, but I don't think that's it. I think I read/heard somewhere that Minerva has rules for criticising them on the internet because they think the right thing is for students to tell Minerva criticism directly or whatever (to maintain their "good" public reputation), so they have to do it to not breach Minerva rules.
A little culty if you ask me.
Jesus that is so weird...how can they basically block people's free speech?! What about that american girl who complained about their reaction to her accommodation issues?

I can see the argument being that these aren't actual laws (I assume by the wording) but the counterpoint to that is that the country is taking it seriously enough for them to basically be laws.

It doesn't sound like the UK where people will just shrug at you or tut at you a bit
yeah I think it seems like people there (generally) follow the rules a lot more than people in the UK seem to so I guess doesn;t need to be a legal obligation. I would be livid if I was a Korean citizen and was watching tourists ruin the hard work my country had done

Reactions: 9
I've been able to find this and a lot of it does seem like laws(?) to me http://english.seoul.go.kr/two-week-extension-of-level-2-5-social-distancing-until-jan-31/ but about travel from Seoul to other regions it just says "Strongly recommended refraining from traveling and business trip of capital area residents to other regions"

If someone here speaks Korean, it's probably easier to find up-to-date and specific information in Korean rather than English?

edit: funnily enough, the home page on this website links this as well http://english.seoul.go.kr/seoul-introduces-948-local-vegetarian-restaurants/ so jade should really take a look at that website lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I've been able to find this and a lot of it does seem like laws(?) to me http://english.seoul.go.kr/two-week-extension-of-level-2-5-social-distancing-until-jan-31/ but about travel from Seoul to other regions it just says "Strongly recommended refraining from traveling and business trip of capital area residents to other regions"

If someone here speaks Korean, it's probably easier to find up-to-date and specific information in Korean rather than English?
this is really what Minerva should be finding for their students

Reactions: 7
How smart are Minerva students compared to students at Ivy League schools?
Short answer: Perhaps about the same or slightly more at the start of college, but much smarter only after a short while.
i've been at minerva for only one semester and i'm already much smarter than anyone currently attending an ivy league university. minerva teaches you to think differently and use corporate jargon before anyone at an ivy league would. 🥴😚😤

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
i've been at minerva for only one semester and i'm already much smarter than anyone currently attending an ivy league university. minerva teaches you to think differently and use corporate jargon before anyone at an ivy league would. 🥴😚😤
this doesn't even make sense? surely being smart is kind of like intelligence which doesn;t really change? Surely knowledge is what changes? I wonder how much they are paying people to write this rubbish

• Haha
Reactions: 6
removed by request

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
edit: funnily enough, the home page on this website states links this as well http://english.seoul.go.kr/seoul-introduces-948-local-vegetarian-restaurants/ so jade should really take a look at that website lmao
I just want to say how cool it is that the government website is literally giving people info on this.

I remember one of the Glassdoor reviews from an interview had a question which was basically 'How do you talk to someone from Minerva?'
Idk dude, probably in English with whatever formality is best suited?
On that note, it's lowkey a bit funny that they make themselves sound like they need to be accommodated to, as if they had some sort of learning needs or language needs.

Reactions: 12
Tw: mental health, suicide

I abso-feckin-lutely HATE influenzas using mental health as an excuse to break rules or travel. In November I attempted suicide (not covid related, I have major depressive disorder and was going through some psychosis) and was rushed to hospital. After that, I had to travel back from my university flat to stay at my home, and have been here since. Of course a lovely little trip to south korea, berlin, dubai, wherever (!) would be delightful, but quite frankly, even if you grant travel as a possibility (non-covid times), travelling does not better mental health!!! if you’re truly having a shite time with your mental health (i’m not saying those who are saying they are, aren’t, but come ON 🙄) there are far better ways to get help - travelling isn’t it.

Let ALONE! in a pandemic. Everyone I know right now who is struggling with their mental health is more incapacitated by the pandemic, not using it as an excuse to break rules. People are too anxious to leave the house, struggling with grief etc...

This was long and rambling so apologies for the rant which is probably unintelligible but...

make it make sense
I hope you are feeling a bit better now ❤ her behaviour really is just a slap in the face to people like you who are really suffering MH issues, makes a mockery of it.Must be so insulting for you I imagine, not to mention that she is financially profitting from it. SO awful.
If she hated being alone so much surely the answer is to go and stay with family? which she is lucky to have the opportunity to do, so many people don't have anywhere else they can stay

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.