Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

berkeleymoon87

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 2.17.35 PM.png

I posted this on her video. I'm going through one of the hardest times in my life right now. I'm falling behind on schoolwork and my mental health is bad. I wasn't going to post this, but I'm so angry. Covid disrupts people's lives and I don't think people ever stop to think that whenever they go out needlessly, they put families like mine (we are latino immigrants in the US) at risk. My parents both make minimum wage and they've missed so much work and it's going to be hard to pay rent. I think this just shows that essential workers and poor people of color are not worth basic respect and care :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 80

ECH

VIP Member
They're all just rich kids anyway, and real diversity is about encountering people from different backgrounds, not just from a different country.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

fernwehlight

2CAF7DC2-B84C-46FC-BA36-342E09A4F160.jpeg
Looking like she is enjoying her time off social media while eating out with friends and probably exploring a lot like I see her other Minerva friends are doing without one care in the world. Found Jade’s content so refreshing before but I can’t stand her now. Sorry.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 69

aquinas

"I've been struggling with my mental health, people never know the full story" :(
The full story:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64

soimnotamillennial

she’s the most oppressed minority of them all didn’t you know?! She has curly hair 😫😫😫 /s
it irked me so much when she said "curls can still have a stereotype as unprofessional which is kinda sad" as if her experience with curly hair is the same as black person who wears their natural hair in the workplace environment for eg also its deeper than just "kinda sad"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 62

lespotins

I think now that Eve has announced she's not going to be going to Spain, it'll be even harder for Jade to justify her behaviour. I know that Eve isn't exactly a saint either lol, but if she decided to forsake something that's ordinarily a huge part of her degree, and will instead be doing a language course from her bedroom, then how the hell can Jade justify swanning round Korea & living her best cafe life, totally spitting in the face of the whole country? Yuck.

Reactions: 60

cookiesandcreeeeeem

Honestly have no words for the video other than the fact I’m absolutely disgusted. If she takes any comment into account however, I hope it is this one:

0F9820E4-4601-4CCD-BC4A-23652EE3A073.png

602B90BB-F872-4BF3-B7BA-0CAFAC5E1C38.png

I find it amazing that she’s not even mentioned this - she either doesn’t want her followers to know that in Korea it’s not about just following the rules it’s about doing what’s right and having mutual respect for one another, or she is completely oblivious.

gaaaaah, the cafes and streets are so empty and so beautiful you guys ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 60

ECH

VIP Member
Oh also I just remembered through talking to my dad that someone tried to sell my mum Juice+ when she had terminal cancer, stating that she didn't need chemotherapy to prolong her life if she took them. So in short, fuck Juice+. Jade is not her father, but she never has and never will speak out about how gross that company is.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

bigreputation

Honestly, what the fuck. I am actually disgusted by them all? I can't even articulate how angry I feel.

My Mum has worked for the NHS for the last 25 years. She hasn't witnessed anything as dire as this past year.

I am currently doing a job that is COVID related. Thankfully, not on the front-line risking my life. The conversations I have had with people, and seeing how desperate (and lonely!) life has become for people who have been unable to leave their homes since March, is heart-breaking.

I have had family and close family friends die or become seriously (long-term) ill as a result of COVID, as unfortunately a lot the rest of the world have too.

Watching these privileged idiots gallivanting around the world without a fucking care for anyone they are putting at risk is absolutely infuriating. Jade posting about her poor mental health in response to being (rightfully) criticised, whilst continuing to travel and sit in cafés sharing food with friends. She doesn't give a shit. She can sit and 'research' different cultures and fetishise her international friends all she likes, but travelling to new places during a pandemic shows explicitly her blatant disregard for South Koreans and everyone else.

I am just so angry.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

lespotins

I loved Jade when I first discovered her.
I started disliking her during her gap year. That's when she started spouting stuff like 'you can travel too!!! just get a part time job for a few months, save up and boom you can tour Australia just like me!' ummm no. It became really apparent just how detached she was from reality. She legit thought that working as a waitress would basically be the same as her youtuber salary + the wealth of her parents?

Also, I really felt that she started having a toxic effect on me.. Without meaning to get too personal, I myself had a gap year at the same time as she did, but my parents divorced and my mum got extremely ill that year, meaning I had to basically take care of her full time. It was one of the worst years of my life, and Jade did not help. Hearing her go on and on about how NECESSARY travel is to have a fulfilled life while I had no choice but to be stuck at home really took a toll on me. I don't resent her for travelling or being very privileged, but I do resent her for being so ignorant and preachy, assuming it will be just as easy for everyone else. And she has not matured one single bit since then - if anything, Minerva has compounded everything wrong with her, lol.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54

n8459

Chatty Member
Chretien has posted a story to IG with the caption “another day, another Korean city” what the everlasting fuck

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 54

jsayny

i woke up to a bunch of messages from minerva students threatening me with being arrested (????) it genuinely made me laugh

as i said previously i'm just gonna document jade's idiocy on ig - the account is casually.magic if anybody is curious

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53

Cookstar

okay so the thing with korea. There are no set laws about not travelling. there is a current ban of private gatherings of 4 or more and mask wearing. but other than that — just recommendations.

But the messed up thing is, Koreans will be following most of these recommendations. A collectivist culture vs individualist. You saw how empty that train was in Chris’ story. Normally a train to Busan on the weekend - will be full. I personally have never got a seat on it, I sit in the corridor.

Foreigners are getting a really really bad rep at the moment in Korea because of this behaviour. They are even being banned from places. It doesn’t help they so obviously go against guidelines by instagramming it. Like a major F you.

So it is really messed up. Going into a country and not listening to the government to stay at home. Travelling across the country. From Seoul to Busan. KOREA ARE NOT VACCINATING YET!! The government are desperately keeping it lower because they do not have a vaccine yet. So to be a foreigner and just do whatever you want .. It reeks of privilege. The fact they have the privilege of not having older family there, the fact they are young enough to most likely fight it, the fact that they have done NOTHING to earn the luxury of low case numbers.

It is like they have come in and are taking advantage of all the hard work and sacrifice. And not only that, but you are then just sh*tting on it.

So i repeat no law about not travelling to other places. The current rules are much more aimed at what business owners can do and about schools/gyms. The only thing the average person HAS to follow in Seoul is no private gathering of more than 4, and mask wearing (obviously). So Chris is breaking no law.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
this is how a small youtuber addressed travelling from college to the Caribbean
thanks for your comment and I really appreciate the respectful way you asked your questions. the decision to come to the Caribbean for winter break wasn’t one I made lightly - I thought long and hard about it and considered most of the factors you mentioned. my decision to come here for break wasn’t based on having a holiday with my family, but rather giving myself a mental break from college and being able to reset my mindset. something I may talk about in a video at some stage is how much I’ve struggled mentally this semester. I don’t want to complain because I’m aware and very grateful that I’m speaking from a place of privilege - most people are far worse off than me at the moment. however I did feel it was important for my mental health to try to spend some time away from college. the factors you mentioned, as well as the cost, were the reason I haven’t returned home to Australia, even though many of my classmates have returned to their international homes at similar distances from Yale. but the Caribbean seemed to be a good compromise. all students on campus at Yale are tested for covid twice every week - this is where I got my tests done for travel, and so I wasn’t taking away from testing opportunities for others by travelling because I would have needed to get these tests done anyway. I did not have covid when I began my travel, and while I know everyone contributes a small amount to the need for airport, taxi, etc workers, I don’t think my travel would have a very big overall impact on this, considering the large quantity of travellers. again, I know all travellers play a role in this and I take responsibility for my part in it, but as someone travelling with two negative covid tests, two facemarks at all times, and not travelling too far, I think I had little overall impact. I understand and empathise with the many people who are unable to see family at the moment. I can even sympathise, because I’m unable to see my closest family - I haven’t seen my Dad in over a year. I’m very grateful to be able to see some family members though, and I’m aware others don’t have this privilege. while there are many people unable to or choosing not to travel at the moment, there are also many people choosing to travel (I’m definitely not alone in this choice) and I guess everyone has their own reasons that aren’t all easy to explain and write out in a comment like this. lots of people are deciding to go on holidays via air travel at the moment - people who already live with their families but who just want a holiday! this is very different to the reason I’m travelling. I’m not here to ‘go on a holiday’, I’m here to give myself a break mentally and try to improve my health in that regard. another reason was that winter break this year has been extended to six weeks (normally it is less than half that). if break had been shorter, I don’t think it would have been worth me travelling because of all the factors you mentioned. but for this length of break, I weighed up all the positive and negative factors of me coming to the Caribbean and came to the decision to go. I’m aware of the implications of this decision, and once it was made I did everything in my power to do it as safely as possible - not just for me, but for everyone.

If Jade said something like this, would it be justified?
That apology does nothing for me tbh. Went to the caribbean for my own mental health and well being? Yeah right, you just wanted a holiday! Side note my bfs boss went to barbados this xmas for a holiday, tested positive on the second day and spent the entire holiday detained in a small cramped room with about 10 other people who also had covid🤣 serves him right for being a selfish bastard and tbh if that happens to her / Jade, I don’t wanna hear a single complaint about it.

Reactions: 52