Unjaded Jade #5 Ask her about Switzerland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread title by the lovely @nissigossips !

Jade decided to go to Korea bc her phony University "told her too." She's still in quarantine? Mental health may be spiraling? Already glorifying and taking a surface-level approach to Korean culture?

Had a weekend getaway in Switzerland with some guy. Pandemic dick in a foreign country am I right?

Continues to tell people to study abroad and travel during the pandemic.

Still a slave to capitalism and popularity. Continues to seek praise and recognition from her audience! Will delete your comment on her Youtube video if you say anything mildly critical about her.

OH AND ask her about Switzerland.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The lovely @jkkkk clarified for us that Jade saying she wasn't allowed on the wall at school had nothing to do with getting rejected from Oxford and she also (probably) wasn't bullied like she said she was

Reactions: 12
The lovely @jkkkk clarified for us that Jade saying she wasn't allowed on the wall at school had nothing to do with getting rejected from Oxford and she also (probably) wasn't bullied like she said she was
I continue to think about this. Like, she's all over the wall of the internet...just goes to show how much of her self-worth hinges on other people, but she's not ready to talk about that 🤭

Reactions: 10
Did anybody happen to watch this video?

I’ve just come across it now and she’s literally stated her options in the comments for where to go in September etc, one of them being “studying remotely” 😭 she’s literally admitted she had the option to study remotely then and she probably had the same option again when she chose to go to South Korea lmaoooo

Edit: I just can’t believe she’s been so tone-deaf to the real world this entire time and is only now receiving proper backlash looool, her fans really do let her get away with anything 🥴

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
THE FACT SHES LITERALLY STATED THAT SJE COULD HAVE STAYED AT HOME AND DONE THINGS REMOTELY IS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!

IF. YOU. DONT. HAVE. TO. TRAVEL. DURING. A. PANDEMIC. THEN. DONT.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Some of the videos before her Korea cancellation in September also had 00:00 listed as her favourite song, so she's basically been preparing all of her 'research' since last year

Nothing major, just thought it was interesting

Reactions: 6
convinced she waits for criticism to build up just so she can take a quick break, come back to (vaguely) address one or two of the easy to dispute points, garble a little about mental health and how ‘she’s a real person behind the screen’, before returning to usual posting (until next semester of course! Bets on a return to San Francisco?)

Reactions: 16
I genuinely would have accepted her moving to London. Fair enough I think, as long as she STAYED PUT.
yeah her going to London would have been pretty similar to most other people in the UK going back to university if they chose to and would have been the smart and safe choice

Reactions: 20
yeah her going to London would have been pretty similar to most other people in the UK going back to university if they chose to and would have been the smart and safe choice
In a way, I get why she didn't choose London because tbh there is literally no point in it when her home town is a 20(maybe 30? I can't remember) minute train ride out which is shorter than most commutes into central london. Like, I grew up very close to her, and everyone I know went to the city most weekends from 14 onwards. That being said, I don't get why she didn't just stay at home for a bit, even if it was only a term :rolleyes:

Reactions: 10
THE FACT SHES LITERALLY STATED THAT SJE COULD HAVE STAYED AT HOME AND DONE THINGS REMOTELY IS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!

IF. YOU. DONT. HAVE. TO. TRAVEL. DURING. A. PANDEMIC. THEN. DONT.
Exactly !! tbh I can’t believe she even made that video how embarrassing, awww such a hard life deciding where to travel 😢 she “just wants to be with everyone else” 😢😢😢 guys she’s literally the only person in the world who would’ve had to cope with not seeing her friends if she stayed at home this year :((( so sad :(( gaaaaaah just can’t decide where to spread covid next !!!!

convinced she waits for criticism to build up just so she can take a quick break, come back to (vaguely) address one or two of the easy to dispute points, garble a little about mental health and how ‘she’s a real person behind the screen’, before returning to usual posting (until next semester of course! Bets on a return to San Francisco?)
Haha don’t worry! She stated in that video that she doesn’t want to go to San Francisco because “America is bad for covid” !! It’s ok for her to spread covid around the world as long as she is kept safe !!! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Did anybody happen to watch this video?

I’ve just come across it now and she’s literally stated her options in the comments for where to go in September etc, one of them being “studying remotely” 😭 she’s literally admitted she had the option to study remotely then and she probably had the same option again when she chose to go to South Korea lmaoooo

Edit: I just can’t believe she’s been so tone-deaf to the real world this entire time and is only now receiving proper backlash looool, her fans really do let her get away with anything 🥴
Ohh that's where this statement was! How on earth did she think that nobody would connect the two 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She's dead silent on social media.... I wonder why...
She said she was taking a break because her mental health hasn’t been great.... which is fine.

Her community post on YouTube stated she’ll address valid criticism as well, but at the moment she’s ‘defensive’ and we deserve a ‘rational Jade’. Agree with that, however I don’t really think Jade was making rational decisions in the first place.

Reactions: 14
Some of the videos before her Korea cancellation in September also had 00:00 listed as her favourite song, so she's basically been preparing all of her 'research' since last year

Nothing major, just thought it was interesting
Its so clearly all about followers and clout, out of all the places shes been SK is probably one of the coolest and most interesting. Plus if you search her name on twitter recently theres loads of kpop stans loving her rn because shes been including bts songs in her videos... shes genuinely so sly and fake I don’t think she ever considered for one minute to not travel to SK

Reactions: 22
Girl annoys me so much. Not only she looks like Sid from Ice Age but she's so embarrassing while being completely unaware of that at the same time.
She reminds me of people I met at uni when I (unfortunately) joined AIESEC which is a students organisation, though it mostly consists of extremely annoying students who claim to be "leaders" and coaching each other in some indefiniable "skills" despite of having zero experience themselves. Lots of meetings and conferences talking about "leadership" instead of studying or actually getting some valuable experience. The organisation itself reminded me of a cult or at least an MLM. Just imagine some students randomly calling companies about their projects of a very crappy quality and setting up meetings just to play pretend a productive CEOs. Jade would fit right in.
Also don't get me started on her LinkedIn profile, I thought I'd die when I saw that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Can't quote cause we're on a new thread but treasuredintention in the UK a 70/71 is one of the highest marks you can get at uni before you get into publishable quality (which is rare for an undergrad). So the situation you said is the same one as I was talking about.

Reactions: 2
I still can’t quite work out (and I’m also too lazy to research it) how it works with choosing where to go with Minerva. Each semester lasts about three months, so do you plan your travel schedule at the start of your course or is it more flexible? It seems to me that if it’s all planned at quite short notice, you’d spend most of your semester in one place sorting out how to travel to the next one. Also, are there limits on how many students can go to a certain country each semester? I’m assuming there are as even with the jam-packed accommodation you’re going to run out of space. So in that case, who picks who goes where and could potentially you never get the opportunity to go to a certain country? Given that there are twelve semesters in a four year course, even assuming that semester one and semester twelve (or thirteen ... I can’t work that out either) are in San Francisco there aren’t enough Minerva ‘campuses’ in different countries for you to go to a different country every semester, so do you go to some countries twice - or could you stay in some countries for two semesters or a whole academic year? The more I think about it the more of a logistical and administrative headache it seems.

Reactions: 6
I still can’t quite work out (and I’m also too lazy to research it) how it works with choosing where to go with Minerva. Each semester lasts about three months, so do you plan your travel schedule at the start of your course or is it more flexible? It seems to me that if it’s all planned at quite short notice, you’d spend most of your semester in one place sorting out how to travel to the next one. Also, are there limits on how many students can go to a certain country each semester? I’m assuming there are as even with the jam-packed accommodation you’re going to run out of space. So in that case, who picks who goes where and could potentially you never get the opportunity to go to a certain country? Given that there are twelve semesters in a four year course, even assuming that semester one and semester twelve (or thirteen ... I can’t work that out either) are in San Francisco there aren’t enough Minerva ‘campuses’ in different countries for you to go to a different country every semester, so do you go to some countries twice - or could you stay in some countries for two semesters or a whole academic year? The more I think about it the more of a logistical and administrative headache it seems.
Outside of the pandemic they have a set country to go to each semester (and two semesters in a year). So all* second years go to X country, all third years go to Y country, etc.

Year 1 semester 1 + 2 San Fran
Year 2 semester 1 Seoul, semester 2 Hyderabad
Year 3 semester 1 Berlin, semester 2 Buenos Aires
Year 4 semester 1 London, semester 2 Taipei.

Obviously Covid has changed all that.

*They can ask to go to a different country instead if they have visa issues or whatever but that's not the normal thing to do.

Reactions: 9
Outside of the pandemic they have a set country to go to each semester (and two semesters in a year). So all second years go to X country, all third years go to Y country, etc.

Year 1 semester 1 + 2 San Fran
Year 2 semester 1 Seoul, semester 2 Hyderabad
Year 3 semester 1 Berlin, semester 2 Buenos Aires
Year 4 semester 1 London, semester 2 Taipei.

but obviously Covid has changed all that.
Ahh, makes sense. Trust Minerva to use semester in a different way to most of the rest of the world 😀

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.