Unjaded Jade #5 Ask her about Switzerland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i cant actually imagine going to minerva... and genuinely thinking its worth it!????????
i study at cambridge, and semi regularly wonder whether its worth the money
let alone minerva? which is four times the price, and super shady???
lmao off topic but same it's definitely not been worth it

Reactions: 5
I love this reply from, I suppose, one of her fans who sees no wrong in her doings. I hope the South Korean government will also be able to read the room and let her be if she's struggling with mental health when she's caught breaking COVID rules in South Korea.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I love this reply from, I suppose, one of her fans who sees no wrong in her doings. I hope the South Korean government will also be able to read the room and let her be if she's struggling with mental health when she's caught breaking COVID rules in South Korea.
My mental health has been up and down, does this mean I get a free pass to go travelling?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Love is fun, you guys 🙃 We've all been feeling like horse dung for the past hear so let's all go on a cruise together. We've earned it; maybe the government will let us be if we tell them we've been having bad mental health days. They just don't get the casual magic of doing as one pleases and giving duck all about necessary rules. Those are for non-magic normies who have to work for a living, go to regular universities and all that ✨

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
This thread moves so fast but I wanted to add to the Korean youtuber who got caught breaking covid regulations a while back. The channel is
영국남자 Korean Englishman (it's run by two guys, the controversy is mainly about one of them, his name is Josh. He's English but I'm pretty sure has lived in Korea on and off for years and also got his Bachelor's in Korean(?) and studied abroad there, his wife Gabie is Korean as far as I'm aware). They were in England (where they mainly live) when covid started, then decided to fly to Korea for work a few months in and were quarantining. His wife's birthday happened to be during the mandatory quarantine period, so a few friends came by to drop gifts by the door and brought a cake, so they openened the door and I'm not sure if Gabie too off her mask to blow the candles out? Some people have said that but it might have been a rumor. They technically didn't leave the apartment I think (only talked to the friends at the door, while the friends were stood in the hallway) but there was major public outcry specifically by Korean viewers as far as I'm aware. They uploaded an apology video and haven't posted since (nowhere, not even on instagram as far as I'm aware but I don't follow them closely). Pretty sure it was in October 2020?

I think the reason the situation got so huge is because such a large percentage of their audience is Korean (and before that, I'm pretty sure they were seen as super respectful and appreciative, got to work with major Korean celebrities and so on). Personally, I honestly think their situation isn't even as bad as what Chetrien seems to be doing rn, he's travelling around, coming in contact with people who don't know he travelled from Seoul and just entered the country, whereas Gabies friends where aware of the situation they were putting themselves into.

But I don't think Jade's Korean audience is that large and they're such a small percentage of her viewership, I'm not sure it would have the same effect? But who knows, non-Koreans are obviously already trying to hold her accountable, so she might, but I just can't imagine her not posting for months on end.

edit: this is the apology video, he also explains what happened. But if you look at the comments, you will see pretty much all of them are in Korean, so like I said, it seems to be a topic Koreans feel much more strongly about than other viewers of the channel (but maybe that's because it happened in Korea idk)

Reactions: 18
I’m actually SICK of people using mental health when they break the rules. There’s people genuinely struggling with their mental health who are still sticking to the rules because the longer people break them the longer we will all be in this situation ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Has anyone told her management about her rule-breaking?
I actually sent her management a message about 2 weeks ago (lol no shame) and they haven't replied ... so I don't think they care as long as she's still got a big follower base unfortunately

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I bet Jade is out and about just like that Chretien guy. He should be ashamed. It would be one thing to travel to another country for work/study reasons and actually commit to those reasons and stay at home, and a whole other thing to travel there because you want to be a tourist and explore, and you just happen to be able to do that because your uni can get you a student visa. He has been traveling outside Seoul and he only just got there! Minerva students seriously lack in intelligence it seems and they like to exploit others. They just go to countries with low Covid cases so that they can explore, and they leave once the country is in lockdown again (à la Jade in Berlin). They are no different to influencers partying in Dubai.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It doesn't make any sense to me, I don't want to go to the supermarket never mind halfway across the world, surely she understands she shouldn't be going?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It doesn't make any sense to me, I don't want to go to the supermarket never mind halfway across the world, surely she understands she shouldn't be going?
She understands but she literally doesn't care. I would put money on her thinking that because she's 20 it's a waste for her to be spending time indoors when she could be out on an adventure, even though all of us who are young right now feel like we're wasting our youth.

Reactions: 24
I’ll be honest, most people I’ve seen who have broken the rules come from money or have a lot of money or don’t have family who work in any key sectors.....

Reactions: 23
She understands but she literally doesn't care. I would put money on her thinking that because she's 20 it's a waste for her to be spending time indoors when she could be out on an adventure, even though all of us who are young right now feel like we're wasting our youth.
probably thinks her immune system is too good to get ill from all her dad's crappy supplments :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’ll be honest, most people I’ve seen who have broken the rules come from money or have a lot of money or don’t have family who work in any key sectors.....
true, obviously very happy for her that she hasn't been affected (as far as I know), she's very lucky if so but I just wish she'd have a bit of common sense! or at least a bit of compassion.

Reactions: 3
true, obviously very happy for her that she hasn't been affected (as far as I know), she's very lucky if so but I just wish she'd have a bit of common sense! or at least a bit of compassion.
I think it makes me even more angry that she is breaking the rules in another country than if she was doing it in the UK, it is a total lack of respect for her host country and the people living there

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I guess I'm a shittier person than you guys because I can't give a fig about if she's been affected by COVID or not, in any way. She's been doing everything to become a liability to the healthcare workers of every country she's been in, she's constantly lying in order to get away with what she does and risking others without a care for how they would be affected. If she or someone in her family gets seriously affected by the virus she has zero ground to sit and whine about it. I'm sick of the lot of them, every single person who thinks their own frail mental health and wish to travel is above the situation of the pandemic. Everyone is sick of it, you're not special? She lost her wits after 10 days in lockdown, how does she think the rest of the world has been doing after a year of on and off lockdowns? Selfish entitled stupid rich kids pretending to be woke and caring makes me want to hurl, social media is seriously a mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I’m just not so patiently waiting for her apology video and to hear what other crappy excuses she makes for herself, then we can start unpacking them one by one :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m just not so patiently waiting for her apology video and to hear what other crappy excuses she makes for herself, then we can start unpacking them one by one :)
It'll be one of those apology which isn't apology type things, like when people say "I'm sorry if I offended anyone" raather than actually admitting they were wrong

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.