Unjaded Jade #14 she's not like other gorls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
back to "i can intuitively understand german because im half dutch" content. she's going to stay with a host family in germany in june to practice the language
Screenshot_20240522_224052_YouTube.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
There’s something special when a group of Minervan’s come together in one place. Convivium is about embracing the core of the Minerva spirit from Minerva, embracing a community with a shared experience, and being in the one place where we all speak the common Minerva language.

From the FAQ 😂
Haha this reminded me of this meme:

minerva.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
back to "i can intuitively understand german because im half dutch" content. she's going to stay with a host family in germany in june to practice the languageView attachment 2951786
I was slightly disappointed with how useless this video was. Like, Lingoda is probably good if you're learning one of the 6 languages they teach, but I am personally not doing that, so where does it leave me?

There's nothing new in there. There's nothing any half serious language learner doesn't already know. "Create a plan" "Listen to your target language a lot" "Find a speaking partner who can correct pronunciation".

Even some of the more important things she leaves fairly implicit, like "Have tangiable and explicit goals" ("I want to be fluent" Vs "I want to be able to discuss ducks with someone's γιαγιά").

Tbh I almost don't blame Jade. I'd not seen any new/interesting advice in the language learning space until that British guy who does the Monday Milk Reviews described briefly his system for faking fluency.

Also, I did chuckle a bit when she went from "German is so complex, word order and case is super important!" To "I'm half Dutch, so German feels so natural 😘✌"

Reactions: 10
There’s something special when a group of Minervan’s come together in one place. Convivium is about embracing the core of the Minerva spirit from Minerva, embracing a community with a shared experience, and being in the one place where we all speak the common Minerva language.

From the FAQ 😂
Cult vibes for sure!

Reactions: 6
Also, I did chuckle a bit when she went from "German is so complex, word order and case is super important!" To "I'm half Dutch, so German feels so natural 😘✌"

It's odd that she's been "learning German" for years and yet she's still stuck on very early grammar like word order and cases. Her pronunciation certainly makes it sound as though she wasn't as fluent as she claimed years back in Berlin (which is crazy for a Dutch speaker it should be so much better!).

Also sorry for the edit but watched a bit more and the way she describes German grammar in English is completely wrong 😆

Reactions: 10
It's odd that she's been "learning German" for years and yet she's still stuck on very early grammar like word order and cases. Her pronunciation certainly makes it sound as though she wasn't as fluent as she claimed years back in Berlin (which is crazy for a Dutch speaker it should be so much better!).

Also sorry for the edit but watched a bit more and the way she describes German grammar in English is completely wrong 😆
None of the people advertising these language learning online apps/lessons ever make a good impression. I hate follow an american who lives in Italy and barely speaks Italian who is endlessly advertising baabbel and I don't get why they think she's a good advert.
How much Dutch does she actually speak, anyone know? Considering how much free time she has to study her German should be a lot better. I've said it before but I don't get why she doesn't do an in person group course

I don’t think she actually speaks any Dutch?

None of the people advertising these language learning online apps/lessons ever make a good impression. I hate follow an american who lives in Italy and barely speaks Italian who is endlessly advertising baabbel and I don't get why they think she's a good advert.
How much Dutch does she actually speak, anyone know? Considering how much free time she has to study her German should be a lot better. I've said it before but I don't get why she doesn't do an in person group course
Kacie?

Reactions: 1
It's interesting how in the photo everyone is smiling like normal humans, then you have Jade and her stupid wonky pout face she pulls. Very odd.
Always trying hard to look sexy and she makes herself look like a narcissist instead

Reactions: 7
I disagree with this. Credit where credit's due, her pronunciation is pretty good, especially in the intro! Much improved from the last time we heard her speak. I know a bunch of English native speakers (that's what she is, I don't think we can claim she's a Dutch speaker) who have been learning for much longer (and more intensively) and their pronunciation is around the same level or worse. And pronunciation is a super individual thing anyway, some people sound native almost right away, some still have a strong accent after years and years of learning.

Although I will say she clearly had someone help her and probably re-recorded the intro a few times (her pronunciation later in class isn't as clear and her grammar in her writing is waaay worse than in the intro part) but still, it's a good effort, imo!

I don't get what kind of sentence she's trying to claim uses the structure "I park with my brother go" to say the English "I am going to the park with me brother". I would translate that as "Ich gehe mit meinem Bruder in den Park", which only moves the "with my brother" part around. Even "Ich gehe in den Park mit meinem Bruder" would be acceptable colloquially, and it's the exact same as the English. Maybe she's talking about a version of the sentence that uses an auxiliary verb like the past tense "Ich bin mit meinem Bruder bin den Park gegangen" or some ultra clunky attempt to directly translate the present continuous "Ich bin am in den Park gehen mit meinem Bruder"??? but even then, I can't think of a wording that would put "Park" right after "Ich".

It's *so* Jade that the Easy German video she's watching is about insecurities/body image/something like that. At around 10:42 in the video.

Reactions: 8
Wouldn’t be an Oxford trip without Jade mentioning her rejection from them 🙃
What on earth is the caption? Did oxofrd uni refuse to let her back in to even visit or.. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Attached the reel she made about if for reference!

What's on her clothes? Didn't know anyone can tit themselves on the front..
She split hot chocolate all down her front right after someone complimented her on her clothes and said it was the best outfit they’d ever seen (or some such nonsense)

What on earth is the caption? Did oxofrd uni refuse to let her back in to even visit or.. 🤣
Clearly Jade thinks Oxford uni ✨manifested✨ the hot chocolate spill as a way of making her miss the dinner (spoiler, she didn’t miss the dinner, just changed her dress)

• Haha
  • Sick
Attached the reel she made about if for reference!

She split hot chocolate all down her front right after someone complimented her on her clothes and said it was the best outfit they’d ever seen (or some such nonsense)

Clearly Jade thinks Oxford uni ✨manifested✨ the hot chocolate spill as a way of making her miss the dinner (spoiler, she didn’t miss the dinner, just changed her dress)

"Oxford remains a traumatic place"

She just looooves playing the victim, doesn't she. How has she STILL not moved on from being rejected? It's been 5 years and apparently Minerva was a much better fit for her, so what tf is she still harping on about.

Didn't she JUST do an ad or something for Gaza? Now she's saying one of the world's richest, most privileged places is "traumatic." Jesus.

• Haha
Reactions: 25