Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off-topic but are these DNA tests accurate? I'm Seychelloise and would like to know all of my ancestors' roots so I was thinking of taking one of those DNA tests when I move to Europe for uni next year.
No. They can give you a loose idea, but the data is heavily skewed to the western world and it's very broadly generic. It's not going to be totally made up or anything, but it's far from accurate and is largely skewed towards data from people who have already given their DNA to the company. I'd also be wary about giving a company your DNA.

Reactions: 18
Off-topic but are these DNA tests accurate? I'm Seychelloise and would like to know all of my ancestors' roots so I was thinking of taking one of those DNA tests when I move to Europe for uni next year.
I've never done one but everything I have read about these ones given to influencers seem to suggest they aren't. If you want to know about your family history you would be better mapping your family tree imo, time consuming but my dad (who never met his father or any of that side of the family) did it going back 100s of years, was very interesting

Reactions: 3
I've never done one but everything I have read about these ones given to influencers seem to suggest they aren't. If you want to know about your family history you would be better mapping your family tree imo, time consuming but my dad (who never met his father or any of that side of the family) did it going back 100s of years, was very interesting
Thanks for responding, I'll definitely try that!

Reactions: 4
I can't even press play something about 'turns out I have global ancestry' in the title has annoyed me so much

• Haha
Reactions: 22
they're less accurate especially for us african countries since these companies don't ship here and aren't widely accessible they have less of a data base sample for our population groups. it would be more accurate to get a dna test from a company based in your country, my country literally only launched a south african ancestrydna test company last year that caters for our population groups since we're very diverse however i saw a few south africans do the ancestrydna test overseas and for the most part it aligned with our country's history

Reactions: 15
I can't even press play something about 'turns out I have global ancestry' in the title has annoyed me so much
Also.. as if she didn;t know that anyway, from the get go she knew her grandma was indonesian, her mum is dutch and her dad is british...but also realistically there are probably few people on earth that are from just one area aren't there? especially from colonial european countries

they're less accurate especially for us african countries since these companies don't ship here and aren't widely accessible they have less of a data base sample for our population groups. it would be more accurate to get a dna test from a company based in your country, my country literally only launched a south african ancestrydna test company last year that caters for our population groups since we're very diverse however i saw a few south africans do the ancestrydna test overseas and for the most part it aligned with our country's history
did anyone else cringe when she said something about being upset she didn't have any african ancestory?

Reactions: 16
'Unfortunately I'm 0% African and 0% Middle Eastern'

I skipped through some of the video and the comment lowkey rubbed me the wrong way for some reason

• Sad
Reactions: 35
Hi everyone! Used to be a regular on Jade's thread back on Guru Gossip, haven't kept up with her since Covid though. Not surprised to know she's become even more pretentious and tryhard 🤣

You just know she was desperate to have African and/or Middle Eastern ancestry so she can claim to be ✨exotic✨. Just like the memes where white people say they're 1/16th Mexican on their grandmother's side 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Lol you could tell she was actually disappointed that she was "only" 5% Indonesian... what was she expecting. And why was it "unfortunate" that she was 0% African and 0% Middle Eastern? This girl is a racial fetishist and needs to stop. It's so obvious she was expecting a higher % of non-European ancestry and you can bet she would've made all sorts of offensive content exploring her ~African/Middle Eastern~ ancestry if she got like 0.005% in that category.

At least this is the top comment. Given how woke she pretends to be you think she'd acknowledge that colonialism is the reason she has any Indonesian ancestry in the first place.

Attachments

Reactions: 42
Lol you could tell she was actually disappointed that she was "only" 5% Indonesian... what was she expecting. And why was it "unfortunate" that she was 0% African and 0% Middle Eastern? This girl is a racial fetishist and needs to stop. It's so obvious she was expecting a higher % of non-European ancestry and you can bet she would've made all sorts of offensive content exploring her ~African/Middle Eastern~ ancestry if she got like 0.005% in that category.

At least this is the top comment. Given how woke she pretends to be you think she'd acknowledge that colonialism is the reason she has any Indonesian ancestry in the first place.
yeah, her texting a (presumably minerva) friend who is vietnamese to tell them that she is partly vietnamese was so embarassing, she was clearly disappointed she didn't have reason to text more of her international friends :rolleyes:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Being from eastern europe, I also love how dissapointed she seems at that ~~2:05 mark when she discovers a whole 40% of her ancestry is eastern european. oh no so uninstagrammable, heart is broken, which we don't love🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
i bet she isn't even educated on dutch colonial history as i said im from south africa and in my region having a mix of british, dutch and indonesian ancestry is common but we don't go around introducing ourselves with 3 flags 😂

Reactions: 21
Being from eastern europe, I also love how dissapointed she seems at that ~~2:05 mark when she discovers a whole 40% of her ancestry is eastern european. oh no so uninstagrammable, heart is broken, which we don't love🤣
so unexotic :ROFLMAO: she was clearly hoping for 35% indonesian, 30% african 30% middle eastern and 5 european :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
If she tries to claim some undiscovered Asian heritage after this video and says that this culture "just calls to her" or whatever people say about this tit, I'm gonna lose it.

Must be fun wishing for African or Middle Eastern heritage when she'll never have to deal with the racism that comes with said heritage and other obstacles lmfao. She's so basic and clueless it's infuriating, stop trying to be interesting and shut the duck up forever Jade.

• Sick
Reactions: 28

lol tbh the percentages of her non-european ancestry, knowing that these tests aren't extremely accurate, probably lie in the margin of error 🤣 . I don't even know what people with such clearly homogenous ancestries try to discover taking tests like these, that's why I never liked those videos....hidden african ancestry that nobody in your family knows about, really? because of what, your curls, Jade? :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
lol tbh the percentages of her non-european ancestry, knowing that these tests aren't extremely accurate, probably lie in the margin of error 🤣 . I don't even know what people with such clearly homogenous ancestries try to discover taking tests like these, that's why I never liked those videos....hidden african ancestry that nobody in your family knows about, really? because of what, your curls, Jade? :rolleyes:
she seems to just be obsessed with not "just" being british, especially since startign minerva

Reactions: 22
Also you could tell she was pissed off that she was mostly "average" - especially in terms of IQ and emotional intelligence. "I just get people" "I'm an emotional Pisces, I empathise TOO much!" sure Jade, as if you're not the most narcissistic person ever

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.