Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has turned into such an egotistical and vile person. I used to think she was smart and kind etc, now it's just pouting and selfish idiocy.
I feel like things started going downhill after her rejection from Oxford. I used to actually like her when I was in Year 9 and she'd just finished her a levels (I think?). She seemed so much more down to earth back then but now she's just so disconnected it's strange. It's also weird when you see how much her voice and mannerisms have changed....

Reactions: 31
Also if she needs money...wild idea...get a job?

I’m sure like other uni students on here I have a few casual jobs that cycle in and out during the year, if I’m tight in money I try pick up extra shifts. Most uni students work even with a full time degree...no one needs to be paying her rent through an affiliate link

Reactions: 32
Didn't Dinara make a video years ago that Minerva can help you secure a part time job to help with your fees?

I feel so bad for the young audience takes advantage of it seems most of them are in high school

Reactions: 8
Also if she needs money...wild idea...get a job?

I’m sure like other uni students on here I have a few casual jobs that cycle in and out during the year, if I’m tight in money I try pick up extra shifts. Most uni students work even with a full time degree...no one needs to be paying her rent through an affiliate link
I think this is one of the (many) problems with Minerva, living somewhere you don't speak the language finding a job must be much more difficult I assume, I guess work in an Irish pub or something, but even then why would it be better for them to hire someone who only speaks English rather than a german who (most likely) also speaks perfect english

I think this is one of the (many) problems with Minerva, living somewhere you don't speak the language finding a job must be much more difficult I assume, I guess work in an Irish pub or something, but even then why would it be better for them to hire someone who only speaks English rather than a german who (most likely) also speaks perfect english
Mm this is actually a really good point, and probably a big issue (wow another dumb aspect of Minerva). I’m sure jade mentioned Minerva had job offerings within the company?
Probs just another mlm scheme within an mlm

Reactions: 3
Plus do they have visas that allow them to work? Someone mentioned Minerva does some dodgy visa stuff previously so I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't allowed to work because of that.

Reactions: 9
Didn't Dinara make a video years ago that Minerva can help you secure a part time job to help with your fees?
I remember this too! There’s something about Minerva finding people part time jobs for extra money or to fund their fees, I remember we discussed it and thought it was a stupid idea basically

Reactions: 5
Honestly in Berlin a lot of places will hire you even if you don't speak German, I've been to a few cafés in Berlin that seemingly didn't have a single German-speaking staff member 🤷‍♀️

Plus do they have visas that allow them to work? Someone mentioned Minerva does some dodgy visa stuff previously so I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't allowed to work because of that.
the "regular" student visa lets you work 120 days (or 240 half days) per year afaik, pretty sure that requires you to be enrolled in a German uni though, so not sure how this would work for Minervans (are they enrolled in some type of partner institution like they were in Seoul?)

Reactions: 2
She admitted in her latest video that her book title was pretentious. She also went over the conformity dot point in her book about why she thinks students lack motivation and says it's okay to not be motivated and that people going through tit should talk to someone about it. Why didn't we see that in her book?

Reactions: 11
the "regular" student visa lets you work 120 days (or 240 half days) per year afaik, pretty sure that requires you to be enrolled in a German uni though, so not sure how this would work for Minervans (are they enrolled in some type of partner institution like they were in Seoul?)
I think a lot of places they aren't even on student visas, Minerva just gets them in on tourist visas if they can. I remember someone saying that in passing though so not sure how verifiable that is.

I feel like things started going downhill after her rejection from Oxford. I used to actually like her when I was in Year 9 and she'd just finished her a levels (I think?). She seemed so much more down to earth back then but now she's just so disconnected it's strange. It's also weird when you see how much her voice and mannerisms have changed....
Same, to me she felt like someone who was in the same boat as you and was an unsure, introverted person that used her YouTube to communicate with you about little things.

But what I didn’t realise was that she’s sort of cut away from that and became someone who you wish you could be but can’t, because you can’t afford it and you also can’t risk it.

Shes just shown how selfish she is over the couple of years just travelling all the time without a care trying to tell people about how lucky she is when she’s that rich. It’s not casual magic Jade it’s a privilege.

Reactions: 19
she should probably be disclosing that bike thing as an advertisement

of course, our Jade has never been good at that

new thread name suggestion — first footsteps in Berlin trod, but rent’s steep, so buy the affiliate air pods

• Haha
ok um if you want some ✨casual magic✨ in your day, try impersonating the quirky jade faces. i tried making faces similar to hers (without comparing mine with hers) and got a good laugh out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
try impersonating the quirky jade faces
aw our gahl jade sure is quirky 😻 she’s not like us tattlers, she’s got ✨casual magic✨ in her life. And anyway, how many other girls can speak fluent Dutch, French, Korean and German? She’s unique <3

• Haha
Reactions: 21
aw our gahl jade sure is quirky 😻 she’s not like us tattlers, she’s got ✨casual magic✨ in her life. And anyway, how many other girls can speak fluent Dutch, French, Korean and German? She’s unique <3
And all just intuitively 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 10
8134A119-8F88-463E-BB8A-5256BD36A0CB.jpeg

Grabbed this from Instagram

A) what a basic technique that my teachers have taught me in some manner

B) she says it’s hard to start but then says to just set a timer for 25 minutes

Look, I tried this before and I’m sure many other students have and it’s not that simple. I found that setting shorter timers (5-10 minutes) is a lot more effective because it doesn’t feel that long, and obviously it’s not, but once you sit down something may ‘click’ and you may generally enjoy it. But even I recognise that it may not work for everyone

There’s also the issue with extending your break indefinitely that the extract doesn’t recognise, or the break being too short for someone to actually feel like they’ve had a break and then they just get burnt out

6DE931F2-580A-43AA-A238-3C330358F284.jpeg

Also her book has been discounted on Amazon too now

• Haha
View attachment 744889
Grabbed this from Instagram

A) what a basic technique that my teachers have taught me in some manner

B) she says it’s hard to start but then says to just set a timer for 25 minutes

Look, I tried this before and I’m sure many other students have and it’s not that simple. I found that setting shorter timers (5-10 minutes) is a lot more effective because it doesn’t feel that long, and obviously it’s not, but once you sit down something may ‘click’ and you may generally enjoy it. But even I recognise that it may not work for everyone

There’s also the issue with extending your break indefinitely that the extract doesn’t recognise, or the break being too short for someone to actually feel like they’ve had a break and then they just get burnt out

View attachment 744899
Also her book has been discounted on Amazon too now
i absolutely agree re the shorter times!! I have narcolepsy so my ability to stay focused is essentially 0. I often do 5-10min bursts and it really helps. Sometimes I even take a half an hour break in between but I take it at my own pace. So recommend this to anyone with concentration issues!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.