Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's been a while.... I have missed SOOO MUCH on this thread.... The last 'scandal' of our Dear Jade was her travelling during the pandemic (disrespecting rules and ethics) and her MLM nonsense. I am behind & late...

I feel like things started going downhill after her rejection from Oxford. I used to actually like her when I was in Year 9 and she'd just finished her a levels (I think?). She seemed so much more down to earth back then but now she's just so disconnected it's strange. It's also weird when you see how much her voice and mannerisms have changed....
I agree 100%. Jade used to be a very chilled, likeable and down to earth girl merely doing study videos and tips, harmless nice girl. Oxford rejection impacted her... I feel as if everything she does now is to say: Hey Oxford! Look at what you're missing out on? I'm a world traveller, author and am at Minerva! Screw you! - All of her endeavors and decisions are jab to Oxford and to others to show how over it she is and how she's better than ever. The book? Lol, she would've never produced such a garbage if she hadn't been rejected.

Also, can I just say... every time she discusses Minerva and the workload I get secondhand anxiety... I'd die. So toxic..... Exploitative.

Reactions: 27
I think this is one of the (many) problems with Minerva, living somewhere you don't speak the language finding a job must be much more difficult I assume, I guess work in an Irish pub or something, but even then why would it be better for them to hire someone who only speaks English rather than a german who (most likely) also speaks perfect english
In Berlin its fairly easy to get a part time job if you don't speak German, when you go to a restaurant in Berlin sometimes the waiters only speak English and its no problem

In Berlin its fairly easy to get a part time job if you don't speak German, when you go to a restaurant in Berlin sometimes the waiters only speak English and its no problem
likely wouldn’t be the case in south korea though

Reactions: 5
Also, can I just say... every time she discusses Minerva and the workload I get secondhand anxiety... I'd die. So toxic..... Exploitative.
I just get second hand embarrassment for her that she’s paying so much and probably gonna get so little out of it 😂😂

Reactions: 11
I don't think she even does that much work, she might say that she does but homegirl has never gone to a real uni. Like, her projects sound so dumb (e.g. one of her projects required her to pull some numbers out of her ass and interview some lil cafe in Berlin), and she spent the whole day working on it. But oh well, who needs a real degree when you've got a rich daddy?

Reactions: 22
if her study book is that basic on how to study, just from that half a page, I feel like I’ve read enough to cover the entire book’s content

Reactions: 5
I'm late to this but the audacity of calling her school, Newlands Girls, a place where learning wasn't encouraged. It's a selective girls grammar school. The duck are you talking about.

Hey jade, try going (like I did) to a dump comprehensive in Slough. Try using your power of your insight to explore the inequalities of the grammar / comp system. You're a spoilt, privileged brat and the reason you're still harping on about your Oxford rejection years later is your own uncontrolled sense of entitlement.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I'm late to this but the audacity of calling her school, Newlands Girls, a place where learning wasn't encouraged. It's a selective girls grammar school. The duck are you talking about.

Hey jade, try going (like I did) to a dump comprehensive in Slough. Try using your power of your insight to explore the inequalities of the grammar / comp system. You're a spoilt, privileged brat and the reason you're still harping on about your Oxford rejection years later is your own uncontrolled sense of entitlement.
I'm surprised none of the staff have taken umbrage to this, some of them at least must have noticed her book. doesnt paint them in a good light

Reactions: 14
I'm surprised none of the staff have taken umbrage to this, some of them at least must have noticed her book. doesnt paint them in a good light
But they won’t be able to comment even if they did plus, who cares about Jade?

Reactions: 1

Yet one of her school teachers was bumlicking her in the reviews of her book 🥲 make it make sense Jade.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

You're so right. She's not last a day in a regular comp where you've got teachers struggling to keep 30 kids under control and the teachers have limited resources because the government doesn't pump them full of money. She just wants to blame her school for not getting into Oxbridge rather than admitting it was a personal failure.

Reactions: 31
You're so right. She's not last a day in a regular comp where you've got teachers struggling to keep 30 kids under control and the teachers have limited resources because the government doesn't pump them full of money. She just wants to blame her school for not getting into Oxbridge rather than admitting it was a personal failure.
Or that it wasn’t right for her! They select you on more than just you being successful on the day, they look at you as a well rounded invidual!

Reactions: 19
“Minerva is so busy I have no free time to do anything it’s so intense”
“I saw something on Twitter/IG/Pinterest and tried it!!!”

Also her time table looks very normal? Like sure she may have a lot of reading and essays in between that but don’t all uni students? Also… most uni students can’t use Wikipedia as a source

Reactions: 17
“I saw something on Twitter/IG/Pinterest and tried it!!!”

Also her time table looks very normal? Like sure she may have a lot of reading and essays in between that but don’t all uni students? Also… most uni students can’t use Wikipedia as a source
It looks pretty average and also she’s not working a part/full time job with shifts, raising siblings, being a carer etc

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.