Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dexy

VIP Member
My husband is laughing his head off at me. I’m proper upset. Loved her as a character and just the thought there won’t be any more? It’s never going to be the same even if they do another series. 😭
Bring her back like RoboCop.

Reactions: 9

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
the victim may have been racist toward Ram - I think that there will be something relevant to the plot that happened involving racism around Ram in the past, but whether that’s directly related to the murder is different! I don’t think they’d keep him as the guy who just “uses the race card” to get out of trouble. I think there will be a specific set of experiences that put a chip on his shoulder. he is a massive dick, but it seems a bit obvious to have him actually kill someone given he’s the only outwardly aggressive one so far.
The victim also had a Millwall tattoo on his arm, which they made a point of showing in the first ep. Millwall is a club that unfortunately does have some idiot racist fans, so that along with the description of an Asian man chasing him could point to some sort of altercation with Ram triggered by racism.

There are definitely clues starting the show now about all the characters but I’m struggling to link them all together. I like that there are so many suspects in this one, it’s not predictable or obvious what’s happened at all!

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I think the stuff with her dad’s new girlfriend has been depicted almost half-through Cass’ eyes so we start to feel the way she does and consequently distrust the new gf. I found myself feeling angry and wound up watching, and I clocked it’s because I’m sponging up how she feels.

Cass presuming malicious intent on the part of someone her dad loves shows how anger & distrust has seeped from her work into her personal life, and how she approaches painful situations like she would a case (something she needs to solve, so with someone responsible. it’s also actually really common for people with trauma to assign blame in difficult, blameless situations)

I think it’s sad as she’s mirroring her dad’s angry, distrustful, self-isolating but ultimately scared behaviour, as he himself is deteriorating from another mental disease (dementia).

I think this programme is really good at showing the extent to which trauma can affect you mentally, and all the ugly, unkind and scary parts of mental illness. I really appreciate that it’s not glamourised or trivialised but is instead treated with appropriate sensitivity, like everything in Unforgotten :)

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Loving this show, think it must be my favorite detective series at the moment
I love the fact it's so understated. There's no dramatic action scenes or shoot outs. Just detective work and excellent story telling.

Fiona is getting right on my nerves. Throwing everyone under the bus. I also don't think it's Ram. I agree with that's it's too obvious.

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
And what happened with her and the partner's brother afterwards? He said something about 'what would she do to make it wort his while?' and then we saw her in tears afterwards. I'm assuming she slept with him (not voluntarily) and then he told the partner about her past anyway.
Yes, that’s what I took from it. I have a feeling she is not a good person to blackmail... two incidents so far (that we know of) that she has been involved in where someone ended up dead.

I also love seeing your name and avatar around the site because it makes me read your posts in Cassie’s voice in my head

• Haha
  • Heart

kcab0231

Chatty Member
So annoying can they not put it on itv hub for those of us that don’t want to watch their pity party!

Dexy

VIP Member
I’m still upset about Cass today. I feel like I’ve lost someone real! 😭 what is wrong with me 😂
Me too. I was mulling it over on the school run 😂. Just proves what an incredible writer Chris Lang is ( although I still haven’t forgiven him ) and what a brilliant actress Nicola Walker is. 👏🏻

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
What's the deal with Fiona's accident? She's told her partner's brother about it, presumably to avoid telling the truth about being involved in a murder that's being investigated (?).
And what happened with her and the partner's brother afterwards? He said something about 'what would she do to make it worth his while?' and then we saw her in tears afterwards. I'm assuming she slept with him (not voluntarily) and then he told the partner about her past anyway.

Last edited:

50sGirl

VIP Member
I didn’t realise a new series had started.
I watched the first 2 episodes last night.
I got my Tesco delivery this morning and I’d ordered a Snickers bar - not had one in years.
I just went to get it to eat and I actually thought to myself without realising “I think I’ll have my Marathon now!”😄

• Haha

Bexybest

What a brilliant finale!!! Great episode.

I thought they used to give updates on the suspects at the end with how long they got in prison etc. Like you would in a real life documentary. Shame they didn't do that this year.

• Sad

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I reckon it has to be one of the suspects... and could easily be any of the four of them which is why it’s so brilliant! Maybe Dean is outraged that she broke GDPR rules by giving his mum his address

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I thought she told her dad she was a lesbian but I could be wrong. I’ve literally got a list of questions as long as my arm
But she was out and living with a woman, so why would the carer blackmail her? I agree the murder storyline was a bit over complicated. There were too many unresolved things. But in the end it was all about Cassie.

Pinkii

VIP Member
I haven’t finished it yet, but I am enjoying it and I like Jessie so far, it would have been hard to replace Cassie and Im Glad they have a completely different sort of character.

One annoyance- why does sunnt always have that stupid backpack!? every scene its like an extended limb attached to him.

• Haha

Dexy

VIP Member
It’s getting so good now!
Chris Lang is an amazing writer.

Anyone else think the disabled son could be the toddler harmed in the car crash? Fiona could’ve assumed he’d died as she was hysterical... My husband says I’m way off but I love guessing...😂

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I’m so pleased it’s back. I miss Cassie but Jessie is great and I adore Sunny.

I thought it was a very clever exploration of intergenerational trauma but done cleverly enough to not be preachy or saccharine. The social worker storyline was pointless though.
I didn't mind the social worker bit being a red herring, but it just didn't feel as well thought through as the main storyline and just a bit of an afterthought - like, the whole thing with his partner and wanting a baby felt half-baked - was that supposed to show he was a manipulative person? And were they saying that if you're under pressure in a stressful job then you do bad things, or just he was always a wrongun.

Had to laugh at the shot of him after he'd stolen the watches, just having them there for all to see on the car seat, not hidden away, just so he could stare at them in n a perplexed way 😂

• Haha