Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
I’m thinking that the murder mystery was a secondary plot and it was all about Cassie’s story which is probably why it had so many loose ends.

Reactions: 7

keytotruth

VIP Member
The bit that got me the most was when Cassie’s dad was replaying her message over and over. 😭

I lost my Dad earlier this year and I remember a few days after he died I went to my answerphone just so I could hear his voice again. I was so sad that there was only one brief message from him from 3 months earlier but loads from other people. I couldn’t understand why there was only one and from so long ago. And then it hit me. It was because I always took his calls. That made me feel so much better.

I know this was only fiction, but I bet poor Cassie’s dad wished he’d taken her call.
I bawled my eyes out. Never expected her to die. They kept that ending so secret which I think is what made it all the more shocking.
I felt like that with my grandad who bought me up.also why don't I have any videos of him talking to me or doing something.then my oh said as you live in the moment and not through the phone.i have so many pictures my little one and him but only like 3 or 4 of me because I'd rather have been with him and giving my attention to him than the phone or camera

The bit that got me the most was when Cassie’s dad was replaying her message over and over. 😭

I lost my Dad earlier this year and I remember a few days after he died I went to my answerphone just so I could hear his voice again. I was so sad that there was only one brief message from him from 3 months earlier but loads from other people. I couldn’t understand why there was only one and from so long ago. And then it hit me. It was because I always took his calls. That made me feel so much better.

I know this was only fiction, but I bet poor Cassie’s dad wished he’d taken her call.
I bawled my eyes out. Never expected her to die. They kept that ending so secret which I think is what made it all the more shocking.
Sorry for your loss and think of them memories and how special he was to you sways taking that call

The programme really hit home that scene :(

• Heart

Topaz

Chatty Member
I know its not real life but i always feel quite emotional with the storylines, especially the twin sister in the last series
Totally agree, I find it way more emotional than your average cop show. I love dramas about cold cases and what Unforgotten does really well is show how people connected with the murder are all still affected in their lives years later.

greenvelvet

VIP Member
Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but I think Cass raised interesting theory about Fiona blackmailing Liz to help her out after her car accident. It mirrors what’s happening with Liz and her mother’s carer.

The more I hear about Liz and Fiona’s relationship, the more it sounds hugely toxic. Didn’t like how Fiona told her kids about her past in a really unfiltered way - as a trained child psychologist, she will know what that can do to children. Seemed like there was an ulterior motive in telling them that.

I don’t buy her confession, though narratively it would make sense for Ram to instigate the fight, Dean to finish it, and Liz to cover it up. I think it would be really predictable to have Ram be solely responsible for the murder. It would add much-needed balance to Ram’s character to have him actually be framed by someone.

Must be hard for Dean to have watched such a shithead, criminal family go unpunished by the police. Would make anyone cynical and yet he seems so positive. Maybe that’s what his son did for him - changed his worldview?

All TBS, Fiona has seemed like a massive wet blanket this whole time so maybe she’s just panicking.

Chablis1

VIP Member
Just finished watching ep 1. I thought it was excellent. I’m going to try and ration myself to watching one ep per week. 😂

Dexy

VIP Member
I found the last episode all over the place. In order to do everything justice it could have done with an extra episode. So many unanswered questions
I said this too. They could’ve easily concentrated on the case for that episode, elaborated a bit more and then given Cassie the last episode. It did seemed rushed.

GracieGo.

I must be one of the few people coming to this at series one. It is very realistic and the characters mix well with one another. Actually it's fair to say I'm hooked 😀.

Facehugger

VIP Member
I'd never watched this until last week. Binge watched the whole first 3 seasons over the weekend, it's so good 👍 I like the way all the players are introduced in the first episode. I'm not watching the new series until I can watch it all at once 🤣