Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
This is the first series I've had to watch in real time.

I was late to the Unforgotten party so binged watched the previous three a little while ago. This waiting for a whole 7 days is a bit frustrating.

Has Sunny's back pack got it's own Twitter account?

Reactions: 12

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
My Dad brought me up too, it’s a special bond. 🥰
I know what you mean, though. Precious memories.

Sorry back on topic...

Did anyone else think that we didn’t “see” Cassie’s funeral because, if real life, it would have taken place under Covid restrictions so they adapted it? Or do you think it was always intended to just be a voiceover of Sunny’s eulogy?
I think it was actually more impactful not having the visuals because it made the viewer focus on the words.
Yes I think covid meant we didn't see Cassie's funeral. But I actually think it was filmed beautifully as it was, we didn't really need to see a church full of people we, the viewers, don't even know. The viewers are invested in Cassie, Sunny and their stories so hearing his eulogy was very personal and touching. I get the frustration of the loose ends, but I honestly wasn't that bothered about who cut the body, why it was stored in a freezer etc. We found out who killed him, why and how. I was too busy swimming in a sea of tears at Cassie's death to give it much other thought.

Reactions: 12

TightShip

I'm absolutely hysterical, she was only there because the police wouldn't give her pension & she wanted to do the best for her son's 😭
& Her wee dad 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 11

peachhes

VIP Member
I am so annoyed they didn’t cover this!!! Who put his head in the freezer lol why did they leave us hanging
I know!!!! Why was Liz acting so weird all the time? Why did they all just agree to cover it up and keep it secret? 🤷‍♀️
Would’ve been interesting to have had Fiona as the driver of the car that crashed into Cassies, given her drink driving past.

peachhes

VIP Member
I thought that was a really disappointing series to be honest.
I feel like there are so many unanswered questions :(
I deffo feel like it was a little rushed in the last 20 minutes or so. Like all that build up and the end felt a bit flat (bar Cassie dying of course) not sure what I was expecting though but so many things not answered!

50sGirl

VIP Member
I felt like that with my grandad who bought me up.also why don't I have any videos of him talking to me or doing something.then my oh said as you live in the moment and not through the phone.i have so many pictures my little one and him but only like 3 or 4 of me because I'd rather have been with him and giving my attention to him than the phone or camera

Sorry back on topic...

Did anyone else think that we didn’t “see” Cassie’s funeral because, if real life, it would have taken place under Covid restrictions so they adapted it? Or do you think it was always intended to just be a voiceover of Sunny’s eulogy?
I think it was actually more impactful not having the visuals because it made the viewer focus on the words.

nbt

VIP Member
Bloodyhell I’ve just finished watching series 4. I knew something was going to happen because my Grandma had told me that the last episode was “very sad” and on LoD theories, I’d seen someone somewhere say that they probably wouldn’t be afraid to kill off a big character - “just look at Unforgotten”.

The part where her dad is listening to the voicemail 😭 and when Sunny arrives at the hospital 😭

• Sad

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I found the last episode all over the place. In order to do everything justice it could have done with an extra episode. So many unanswered questions

Kinvarra

Sorry back on topic...

i think that’s right. The focus had to be on Sunny’s beautiful words.

• Sad
  • Heart

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I thought the ending was very poor. But then the storyline was weak compared to other series - usually there's an event (murder) that brings all the people together but this time it felt really jarring. I'm not sure if it was because the murder was only six years ago so life hadn't moved on as much as previous series'. I liked Jessie and I prefer her as a DCI, but this would be my worst ranked due to the murder and storyline around it. It just didn't have the intrigue of season one, the sleaze of series two, the sheer evil of series three or the corruption of series four.

Binged the whole new series on Itv hub. Really loved it. Obviously I missed Cassie but i thoroughly enjoyed it. Sanjeev Bhaskar is just so perfectly cast as Sunny. I really warmed to Jessie by the end of the series and I think she was a great replacement. I hope they do another. I’m rewatching it all from series 1 now as I haven’t seen it for a while.

petitspois

VIP Member
Well I think I've been living under a rock and completely missed this series! I started them 3 weeks ago and finished the last one last night. I love the interwoven stories when you know they are connected but wait to find out how.

I actually think Sanjeev is a better actor than Nicola Walker. I like her but she does do the pauses in Last Tango in Halifax too. He was amazing in series 4.
This series seemed to have quite a few unanswered questions such as, three of them turning a blind eye to the man dying in the allotment is very different to assisting in chopping the body up isn't it? plus, if that did happen, then I'm surprised they didn't fit in a blackmail storyline somewhere as Fogarty seemed to bear the brunt of it all when the others went about their lives. He could have been blackmailing all of them.
I agree that this season missed something as it had no grieving relatives but I suppose that's realistic and must be the situation for most cold cases.

I thought it was going to be Liz as she seemed the most controlled and most intelligent plus we saw her write with a fountain pen.

In retrospect, the 'police officer dies just before retirement' storyline is very common but they did it really well. There was no solemn turning off of the machines and Sunny's voiceover was perfect at the end. I think they can bring the series back with the red headed DC partnering Sanjeev, she's really good - especially if they came back with a really good story next time- it just wouldn't be a direct replacement.