Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sassquatch23

Have only watched one episode so far, but I quite like that they've made Jessie unlikeable. If they had brought in a character that was trying to get on with everyone and do things exactly as they had before, it might be like they're trying to just replace Cassie. Realistically, when you start a new job, you want to go in and make a difference and put your stamp on things. That's all she's doing! As well as being distracted by her personal life. I think we'll end up warming to her. But overall i'm glad there is a bit of tension and we don't immediately like her, cos we don't need a Cassie replacement.

Reactions: 14

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
The ending was so emotional and I liked the usually storylines with Cassy/Sunny throughout but I think this series had the weakest murder story, definitely not as good as the previous series.

Reactions: 14

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Possible unpopular opinion: I liked Cassie but her and Sunny are pretty superfluous to the show for me so I don't mind he being replaced - the reason I find Unforgotten so gripping is because of the strength of the mysteries and how well it's plotted. Because it's so hard to get a good whodunit right! I they usually do it so well

I've only seen the first episode, but the mystery element didn't feel as strong an opener as other series. Early days though

Reactions: 13

Topaz

Chatty Member
It’s getting so good now!
Chris Lang is an amazing writer.

Anyone else think the disabled son could be the toddler harmed in the car crash? Fiona could’ve assumed he’d died as she was hysterical... My husband says I’m way off but I love guessing...😂
I was thinking that! Or thinking was Dean's wife in the car the night Matthew Walsh died but they would've established that by now🤨 I feel like it's deliberate that they haven't mentioned how old Dean's son is, have they? I noticed in the opening credits a kid's toy on the ground but that could be from Fiona's later accident.

Liz wins the most-to-lose-once-it-all-comes-out competition. With the scene with Eugenia I feel like she's more crooked than she lets on. Maybe she's Felix? Maybe she's H!

Loved seeing Denise Black turn up randomly in one scene.

• Haha

Topaz

Chatty Member
DCI Ram in the allotment with the fountain pen seems way too obvious and neat at this point. I'm surprised none of the 4 of them have tried to pin the whole thing on Rob Forgarty.

Fiona seems hysterical and easily cracks under pressure, but we saw the cold, controlling Liz in the scene with Sheila Hancock (even though the poisonous old bat deserved a telling off 😂).

I'm gonna be so sad when the series wraps up next week, but I've been feeling at the same time that it hasn't had the emotional, devastating impact of previous series. Then it clicked - there's been no family or loved ones missing Matthew Walsh. In past series I've been so heartbroken for the relatives left behind and Cassie has always been deeply affected by that. But no-one seemed to mourn Matthew, the closest we got was his brother being questioned but he seemed more guilty/ashamed at not having helped Matthew that night. Just that whole aspect has felt missing this series.

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I don’t trust her boyfriend but I’ve got no idea if it’s because there’s anything dodgy going on or because years of watching things like Line of Duty and Broadchurch have taught me to trust nobody 😂

• Haha
I love this programme. When it ran last series, it was alongside whatever she was in on BBC. The one with Alex Skarsgard where she was a ghost. I didn't realise then it wasn't the first series!

Thoughts so far...her chap is dodgy. The dad's new wife prob a red herring. The one of the six with the least reaction (the woman who isn't Liz) will be the most involved but they will all be linked somehow - obviously lol.

A bit frustrated it advertised being able to stream it, only to find out you can only do that if you have Britbox or something rather than off the ITV hub.

As an aside I think Nicola Walker may be my girl crush. I find her face so expressive. She's very endearing and interesting to watch in whatever she's in.

• Heart

NinaStar90

VIP Member
I think Liz might have killed him, Fiona said they split up when looking for them. Although there was no mention of what she was doing/where she was when Ram was giving CPR.
I reckon they'll find out the pen serial number shows liz mum bought it.

• Wow
Reactions: 12

Mark81

VIP Member
Watched it all and for me it's the weakest series, and that's due to the mystery. I just never found it particularly engaging and the solution was a bit meh.

Hurrah54

VIP Member
I thought that was a really disappointing series to be honest.
I feel like there are so many unanswered questions :(

Fanaff

VIP Member
I feel like not much has been happening at the minute. Hopefully it will get better!!
I agree but I think it’s because I binged the other seasons so there was no waiting and it all slotted in together quickly. I feel like watching it week on week makes me forget all the little clues that would otherwise flow into each other like when I binged

roseturntupnose

I was thinking that the girl with the red hair seemed to be in a lot of the scenes, do you think she could be Sunny's new partner? I'm not over it yet.

I thought the same, we seem to have got to know her a bit more recently.

Also disappointed with the ending, it felt very rushed. Why hadn't they picked up before about the connection with Dean's brother? I really didnt want it to be dean! Why was dean paying ram ? Surely they would have picked up their connection sooner. Maybe I'm just trying to distract myself from potential loss of my fave series and upset of losing main character ! I cant believe she died, I thought she lose some brain function, then all of a.sudden her grave stone:(