Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dexy

VIP Member
Actually crying,that voicemail her poor dad,sunny at the grave 😢
For me it was just so real. I mean I know it’s t.v obviously 😂 but I mean shit like this happens to people every day and it just gets to me to think you can be here one minute and gone the next. 😭

Reactions: 10

Helpmeout

I’m still upset about Cass today. I feel like I’ve lost someone real! 😭 what is wrong with me 😂

• Heart

Kinvarra

Yes I’ve wondered about Ram’s Dad. It can’t simply be that he didn’t become a doctor or a lawyer.

Leo100

VIP Member
I haven’t finished it yet, but I am enjoying it and I like Jessie so far, it would have been hard to replace Cassie and Im Glad they have a completely different sort of character.

One annoyance- why does sunnt always have that stupid backpack!? every scene its like an extended limb attached to him.
😂 the actor used a photo of the backpack on twitter to announce that there would be a new series

• Haha
  • Heart

peachhes

VIP Member
I’m absolutely gobsmacked she’s being killed off and I guess this is probably the final series? Didn’t see it coming at all

• Sad

Lalla

VIP Member
I've just finished the latest series and thought it was weak all round tbh. Cassie was a much nicer, more relatable character right from the off, didn't take to Jessie at all (and it annoyed me that wardrobe insisted on dressing her in those awful tank tops which just make the fact she has a very small frame compared to the size of her head even more obvious - I appreciate that is a small point, but once you see it you can't unsee it, and it just kept irritating me in every episode!). Sunny also underwent a personality transplant which felt like it was more to make a story of them being incompatible and then working round it/ finding common ground rather than how his character would actually have behaved.

I also didn't care for the social commentary alongside the slightly patronising suggestion that if you're from a troubled background you'll have a shit life and that's just your lot. And the message that physically abusing someone is fine because again, you've had a hard life and it's not your fault. Not one person in it, rich or poor, was remotely likeable, indeed the total opposite and as a result I felt zero empathy for any of them . Unlike say the series with Mark Bonnar in where despite the crimes the 3 main characters committed, you couldn't help but feel sorry for them for what they'd been through.

Dexy

VIP Member
Ram beat him up.
Dean finished him off.
Liz took control of disposing the body.
Fiona cried in the corner.

greenvelvet

VIP Member
going by the flashbacks, Fiona may have had a thing with Ram and cheated on him with the victim when she had already had a few drinks on the night of their passing out party, which could have led to the altercation that led to his death? IIRC they said that a man and a woman were chasing the victim, so could be those two

the victim may have been racist toward Ram - I think that there will be something relevant to the plot that happened involving racism around Ram in the past, but whether that’s directly related to the murder is different! I don’t think they’d keep him as the guy who just “uses the race card” to get out of trouble. I think there will be a specific set of experiences that put a chip on his shoulder. he is a massive dick, but it seems a bit obvious to have him actually kill someone given he’s the only outwardly aggressive one so far.

I wonder if the Dean guy was dealing at the time of the murder/dealt to the victim. Maybe the victim found out he was a policeman and threatened to rat him out unless he got the drugs for free, etc.. think the guy who was storing the body was ruined by it mentally as he became an alcoholic and lived in isolation, so the murder could have been quite spur of the moment. If it went down on the night of the passing out party, with the information we have currently, i don’t think it was planned.

Also think Liz’s mum may know about the murder. I think the girl who offered to breathalyse for the policeman Cass interviewed is Liz and that’s where “balls of steel” comes from - being quite helpful and engaging in seemingly earnest conversation with a policeman when you have a body in the back. On the other hand, could be a red herring, could be the mum’s just a hateful cow. Maybe all these things could be true at once

They usually keep me guessing which is great

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

greenvelvet

VIP Member
We briefly saw Matthew’s son, but he basically said he had no relationship with his late father. One of my favourite things about Unforgotten was how they show how the murder still impacts the family and even the people involved to this day. We’ve had none of that so far and I really miss it! The suspects are pretty much all arseholes at this stage, other than Dean, so it’s even harder to sympathise with them.

I haven’t really liked this season that much because of it. It’s still a decent police procedural, but missing what made it unique IMO.

peachhes

VIP Member
Really was not expecting that AT ALL. Such good TV.
Who cut the body up though?! So many questions