Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If NATO get involved we are all toast and it’s WW3. I think NATO getting involved should be the last option because it’s the option that will have the most consequences.
Nato is already involved btw. They are arming ukraine and that’s why putin keeps the threats rolling…

Reactions: 8
I beg to differ that nobody from the UK has experienced anything like this, I’m Irish, I grew up in NI so technically the U.K. I’ve never been officially diagnosed but I’m absolutely certain I have PTSD from growing up with the British army on our streets, I was absolutely petrified of them. They were also on a “peace keeping” mission that resulted in mass murder of civilians. To this day my heart speeds up when I hear a helicopter in the sky, I know I wouldn’t be able to cope if there was military on the streets again, pretty sure I’d just lose my mind.
I was just about to add this. All the stories from all the experiences in other countries are horrible. But visit Belfast and see how horrible that is and what we went through there. We are still living in fear, and there is still no “peace” just everyone simmering away until it blows up again.

adding to that a great big wall separating those with different beliefs - doesn’t really feel like much has changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Gonna be blunt now if there involved we are assigning a death wish to the whole world possiably it is not as simple as just going to help we cant make that mistake
Either way i think he will be forced out
You are not being blunt, I agree with you that it is a massive threat to the whole world if the NATO were to interfere with military action.

But isn't it astonishing that it came to this?
The whole world is scared of a crazy dictator.

We sit tight because he threatened us - effectively this is blackmail. We are scared of what he might do to us if we stop his crimes.

And I find this concerning also as there is China and South Korea and I don't trust their dictators either.

He's not quite on the history scales of absolute lunatic yet so it would take something bigger for NATO to intervene.
He said "There will be no winners" etc and allegedly sent a family to a luxury bunker.

This fits my definition of an absolute lunatic.

Reactions: 9
It’s as the saying goes, two wrongs don’t make a right. The second we start breaking the rules that’s it, everything is lost, no point in the UN, all the other rouge states would do what they want, it would be a free for all and literally the end of the world. I don’t get how people can’t see this and are now setting up petitions for nato to issue a no fly zone.

Yes, it would break their own rules.
But to a great extend one of reasons the Ukraine is not in the NATO is that the US, France, Germany and probably most other NATO countries are concerned about having to defend them against Russia.

To me this seems to be a bit hypocritical.

I kind of think that Putin is such a lunatic that it justifies the NATO interfering. I don't see another way to stop him.

Reactions: 9

Yel

It seems kinda inevitable that he's going to take Ukraine while we all watch. But taking and keeping are two very different things.

Reactions: 34
Do you not remember 'When the wind blows?' I watched this at primary school. There was quite alot on nuclear threats in the early 80s.

If anyone does YouTube this, please be warned that it's a tough watch and I'm not easily triggered...but this remained with me.
I don't remember watching it no

You are not being blunt, I agree with you that it is a massive threat to the whole world if the NATO were to interfere with military action.

We sit tight because he threatened us - effectively this is blackmail. We are scared of what he might do to us if we stop his crimes.

And I find this concerning also as there is China and South Korea and I don't trust their dictators either.

He said "There will be no winners" etc and allegedly sent a family to a luxury bunker.

its crazy to me makes me so sad how we cant do anything it sucks

nukes wish they never been invented

I've no doubt they're watching carefully what he's doing and if they feel it's needed they will go in.
now hes made that thread will be on high aleart weather they say it or not

Reactions: 2
Nato is already involved btw. They are arming ukraine and that’s why putin keeps the threats rolling…
Yes, some countries provide weapons and there are also massive economic sanctions, but it is not the same as a military intervention.

Russia outnumbers the Ukrainian people, even if they get more weapons the situation doesn't look good for them.

And their president - whilst he gets a standing ovation from the world leaders - keeps asking to be allowed to join the NATO. I think it is heartbreaking that he is so alone on the political stage.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The west is in a no win situation. Damned if we watch Ukraine fall, and damned when we start ww3 if we go in and help.

But which of those saves more lives. It's an awful awful choice but that's the one world leaders are faced with

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I start work in 5 minutes and I have no idea
My husband has been saying this is the way it's going for years. He thinks next will be china taking Taiwan. It's scary to think of Russia and China with even more power working together.
Yes- and people need to wise up a bit & stop blindly buying all china's produce. Google things and buy where its made somewhere else .
Buying products from China means people are funding a dictatorships military plans at the end of the day.
Look what we've all been through this last couple of years, and how they are buying into other countries in the meantime......

Reactions: 17
Its a natural human response to want to help someone, especially someone pleading for their life and the lives of others. Its barbaric that hands are tied, I know a lot of people are concerned about the consequences for themselves but it must be incredibly difficult to be in a position of power and not be able to act. I'm so glad I don't have to make these decisions. Tonight more peoples lives will be ruined.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
It’s as the saying goes, two wrongs don’t make a right. The second we start breaking the rules that’s it, everything is lost, no point in the UN, all the other rouge states would do what they want, it would be a free for all and literally the end of the world. I don’t get how people can’t see this and are now setting up petitions for nato to issue a no fly zone.
I kind of see it differently.
I feel that in this case it would show that war crimes are not being tolerated.
It also seems that the Ukraine should be in the NATO? They gave up their own nuclear weapons some time ago and were promised protection by the Uk and some other countries (I dont know that much about it) and as far as I remember a key reason they were not allowed to join the NATO was because of the threat from Russia and the need for NATO to defend them in this situation.

its crazy to me makes me so sad how we cant do anything it sucks

nukes wish they never been invented

now hes made that thread will be on high aleart weather they say it or not
Yes, nuclear weapons are crazy!!!!!
Hiroshima was such a stark warning and the fact that they still exist at the same time as crazy dictators is so frightening.

• Heart

I wonder if all the alleged mistresses are there together like some fucked up dystopian sister wives?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes- and people need to wise up a bit & stop blindly buying all china's produce. Google things and buy where its made somewhere else .
Buying products from China means people are funding a dictatorships military plans at the end of the day.
Look what we've all been through this last couple of years, and how they are buying into other countries in the meantime......
I know but wish louboutins are £28 *hides* 😈

• Haha
  • Sad
Yes, this will be our downfall. Our reliance on stuff from crazy power mad dictators.

Reactions: 10
The west is in a no win situation. Damned if we watch Ukraine fall, and damned when we start ww3 if we go in and help.

But which of those saves more lives. It's an awful awful choice but that's the one world leaders are faced with
Well, which option saves more lives?

Maybe holding still saves more lives in the short term, but what will happen next?

Will a Russian empire attack the West? Join forces with China or South Korea?

Will the threat of using nuclear weapons always keep the Western countries from interfering?

It is a very difficult situation, but we are also showing Putin (and the other dictators) that we are throwing rotten eggs (economic sanctions, gifted weapons) but not knives.

Yel

It's near impossible to buy something that isn't fueling some awful regime these days. Apple can't even sort out a phone that isn't made using child labor at some point in its supply chain. People could consume significantly less instead.

Once hydrogen can be made cost effectively it'll take over from gas and cut off reliance from certain countries. It's not that far off apparently.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.