Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if little things like apple and Android pay not working on the Moscow metro will actually help to reduce the home support for the invasion? Or will most just say it's liars from abroad that attack Russia for no reason

Edit although some are saying this photo is fake news as always that busy and cash can't be used at turnstiles. But still the point stands as the phone payment systems no longer work.
I think it's geniune; if it was faked, all turnstile entrances would be full of passengers moving through them. You can see that the aisles are empty. One person's moving through as the picture was taken

Reactions: 9
What happens to litter in your town? I’ve never heard of this
People do take their chances and pick up litter that they haven't dropped, the uproar is because of a cleanest village competition which sounds amusing. But the rule still stands. And for some it is infuriating.

This is last year's news coverage, which is a little bit more detailed explaining what happened.

This year's update, but it has a little less detail.

It is frustrating because now it isn't in the news here anymore people assume life is back to normal. But for many life will never be the same again and it is all because of the Russian nerve agent and the "it will never happen here" mindset of so many. It did happen here and many still deal with the aftermath.

Today if you come to Salisbury to visit you wouldn't know Novichok had happened. The cathedral is often, the restaurants are open, the shops are open, and so on. But the people involved in the 2018 incident "that would never happen here" are changed forever because of it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Iv been following this woman's updates, she lives there. She said the air raid sirens have gone off they've been told to stay inside and hide the best they can, they might loose Internet and stuff that's the next target. She was just letting everyone know 😔
I've been following her updates too. Mad to think we are watching real time updates from people in a war zone on social media!

Just found these threads (I wasn't going to look as I do NOT want my anxiety spiking like it did with covid)

The whole thing is just heartbreaking and I can't believe it's happening 😔

Reactions: 13
Germany have sent weapons too. This is a big and unusual thing for Germany - they try hard not to involve sending any weapons anywhere because of their role in WW2.
It is a huge thing for Germany. They have upped their spending on military strength - including weapons supplied abroad by €100billion, taking them from 17th in the list of countries by spending to 3rd. It is a massive difference. They have generally been regarded as pacifists since WWII. Until now. Until Putin

Reactions: 17
It is a huge thing for Germany. They have upped their spending on military strength - including weapons supplied abroad by €100billion, taking them from 17th in the list of countries by spending to 3rd. It is a massive difference. They have generally been regarded as pacifists since WWII. Until now. Until Putin
Defence is very important. Defence protects your way of life, and your children

Reactions: 13
Russia invaded Georgia in 2008. Can someone more knowledgeable tell me if what is happening now is much different than then. I obviously know war is horrible where ever it happens for the people involved but this time feels more frightening/threatening to me (miles and miles away from any war zones) and I don’t know why that’s the case. Is it just my perception because of 24 hours news coverage and social media and seeing it played out live or is this situation actually more terrible than 2008? Or has two years of covid left my nerves fraught and primed for danger?

Reactions: 15
out of curosity does anyone know if we had clarification about liz’s comments in regards to people going out there to fight?

Reactions: 2
Goodnight, calming measured intelligent ones. To echo what others have said this is a place of real comfort for me. Special thanks to those fact checking and I forget who it was with the therapy tips about thoughts but thank you too really helpful. Catch up tomorrow, stay safe and sane xx

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Russia invaded Georgia in 2008. Can someone more knowledgeable tell me if what is happening now is much different than then. I obviously know war is horrible where ever it happens for the people involved but this time feels more frightening/threatening to me (miles and miles away from any war zones) and I don’t know why that’s the case. Is it just my perception because of 24 hours news coverage and social media and seeing it played out live or is this situation actually more terrible than 2008? Or has two years of covid left my nerves fraught and primed for danger?
Might be a mixture of both ; covid life stresses and adaptations & also 24hr media access.
Really, 1 lot of news a day is enough I feel...

Reactions: 8
I hate to tell you ... that's really not important right now.

No one cares.

Bit harsh.

I mean you could say ‘no-one’ cares about what you think.

anyway I do hope Ukraine manages through the night. I’ve seen they have started legal action on the grounds of genocide

Reactions: 20
Might be a mixture of both ; covid life stresses and adaptations & also 24hr media access.
Really, 1 lot of news a day is enough I feel...
24 hour news defonitly does not help

does anyone remember if it got this serious with nuclear weapons on alert as such i remember he threatened them before in 2014 if im right?

Reactions: 7
out of curosity does anyone know if we had clarification about liz’s comments in regards to people going out there to fight?
I read this on reddit earlier. Taken from Russia media, not confirmed.

>According to Russian media reports, not denied by the UK side, Truss’s chilly encounter with her vastly more experienced Russian opposite number, Sergey Lavrov, included an exchange that went roughly like this.

>Truss: ‘Russia must move its troops away from the Ukrainian border, or else…’ Lavrov: ‘Why should we? It’s up to Russia where it deploys its troops inside Russia’ (which, of course, it is). He then asked, for good measure: ‘Do you recognise Russia’s sovereignty over the Rostov and Voronezh regions?’ At which point Truss mounted her high horse and responded with all the authority of the UK’s chief diplomat: ‘The UK will never recognise Russia’s sovereignty over these regions.’

>***This is where the UK’s ambassador to Moscow, Deborah Bronnert, is said to have leant across to Truss and discreetly informed her that these regions were actually in Russia.***

It seems Truss was confused - thinking that Lavrov may have been referring to the regions Russia lays claim to within Ukraine as opposed to actual Russian regions.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I read this on reddit earlier. Taken from Russia media, not confirmed.

>According to Russian media reports, not denied by the UK side, Truss’s chilly encounter with her vastly more experienced Russian opposite number, Sergey Lavrov, included an exchange that went roughly like this.

>Truss: ‘Russia must move its troops away from the Ukrainian border, or else…’ Lavrov: ‘Why should we? It’s up to Russia where it deploys its troops inside Russia’ (which, of course, it is). He then asked, for good measure: ‘Do you recognise Russia’s sovereignty over the Rostov and Voronezh regions?’ At which point Truss mounted her high horse and responded with all the authority of the UK’s chief diplomat: ‘The UK will never recognise Russia’s sovereignty over these regions.’

>***This is where the UK’s ambassador to Moscow, Deborah Bronnert, is said to have leant across to Truss and discreetly informed her that these regions were actually in Russia.***

It seems Truss was confused - thinking that Lavrov may have been referring to the regions Russia lays claim to within Ukraine as opposed to actual Russian regions.
Lets hope russia realises it was miscommunication we dont need to be a target anymore for them especially when nato have not done anything as a whole just a few silly
Mps shes got a lot of flack on twitter for what she said

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.