Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stupid question here but… why is everything happening at night? Why aren’t they fighting in the day?

I don’t know how to convey this without sounding as I’m being insensitive because I’m not and I absolutely realise how awful and tragic this is for everybody involved but at the moment it all seems a little… soft? As in russia aren’t putting in much effort. Does this mean that it’s true and they are planning to ramp things up?

It’s just all so sad.
They were shelling major cities hard last night. People in Ukraine are apparently no longer saying 'good night'/'good morning' because a) it isn't good and b) they don't know if they'll see each other again.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
“Former Labour Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott has mistakenly referred to Croatia instead of Ukraine on BBC Politics Live while discussing the Russian invasion. Ms Abbot began talking about Russian tanks rolling into Croatia before having to be corrected by the host.

Ms Abbott told Politics Live: "The Russian people and Russian politicians might wish in the end to have an associated settlement.

"I mean, one of the things that Putin has got wrong is he seemed to think that his tanks could roll into Croatia."

After being corrected, she continued: "Into Ukraine...and because a lot of the eastern provinces are Russian speaking, he wouldn't find it as hard as he has found it."

ffs 😡
Been on the G&T cans our Diane

• Haha
Reactions: 20
That makes sense now they don’t give A crap about what they have to agree to.
But what benefits would they get from joining, that doesn’t meant they’re automatically in nato does it so I’m not sure what kind of support they will get.
Hmmm not sure what the immediate benefit might be 🤔. There is always the general benefit of being in a block, closer ties, borderless travel (helps refugees?), free trade… no obvious security benefits yet. As you say NATO is a separate entity…

Pure speculation, but Putin is demanding at the peace talks that Ukraine is neutral. Maybe Zelensky is getting ahead of that - it’s easier for Putin to put a stop to something before it ever happens than if the wheels are already in motion.

Reactions: 7
“Former Labour Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott has mistakenly referred to Croatia instead of Ukraine on BBC Politics Live while discussing the Russian invasion. Ms Abbot began talking about Russian tanks rolling into Croatia before having to be corrected by the host.

Ms Abbott told Politics Live: "The Russian people and Russian politicians might wish in the end to have an associated settlement.

"I mean, one of the things that Putin has got wrong is he seemed to think that his tanks could roll into Croatia."

After being corrected, she continued: "Into Ukraine...and because a lot of the eastern provinces are Russian speaking, he wouldn't find it as hard as he has found it."

ffs 😡
Honestly what is our parliament 😩 I think the idiots on the apprentice would do a better job and that’s saying something

• Haha
Reactions: 15

ffs 😡
Blimey, they've barely had the petrol to get into Ukraine, how are they going to get to Croatia?! Bit nicer weather I suppose.

Wait. She does know that the Balkan Mountain range is actually in Bulgaria, and not Croatia. She does know that, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Yel

Dianne will have been given notes for these interviews and if she's not up for delivering them is she up for anything?

Video

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
And fell on his face during his victory lap. Things we love to see.

He he he 😂 That’s a classic. Didn’t see the patch of carpet coming up!

There is nothing that psychopath hates more than ridicule, so I bet it stung that this was caught on film!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

ffs 😡
Does that woman ever think before she speaks?!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I probably sound like a right old bird now to some of you (I’m not actually anywhere near 50 yet despite my user name) but if you think about how many conflicts we’ve actually endured in recent times it’s a bit of an eye opener. I was born during the Cold War, grew up terrified of the IRA bombings, saw the first gulf war and Bosnia play out, went to bed on September 11th absolutely sure I’d wake up to wwIII. I appreciate this is slightly different but really we’ve never really known peacetime which sad but I think as you get older you do kind of think “here we go again”.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

ffs 😡
Hard to believe that she went to Newnham, isn't it...

Reactions: 9

Yel

RT is really scraping for allies, giving a lot of attention to Iran's supreme leader and the anti American rhetoric.

Reactions: 11
I mean I dont know how many of you here watched a recent series of warship on TV in the UK but it follows a warship that is sent out to basically scare off the Russian ships, Russian submarines that are lurking in international waters just off the coast of the UK. They're always pushing the boundaries, chancing their arm. Dropping listening devices into the water. But my point is it's always Russians. They just chance their arm to see how far they can go.
Exactly think of it this way now hes made the threat the amount of intelligeince mi5 very high people keeping an eye out will be alot they will be on high aleart even if they dont out right say it i think people forget our national security is one of the best in the world

• Heart
Reactions: 13

ffs 😡
Of course she did! How does one person manage to get absolutely everything so spectacularly wrong every single time they open their mouth?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
saying dont poke the bear is not playing both sides your dealing with a very unstable man

Imo if britain wants to help with sanctions sending aid hitting them in the pocket where it hurts go for it but we can NOT physically get involved boris and other mps going on tv saying we must take him down when hes threatened nuclear weapons is crazy to me the uk seems to be being singled out a lot recently why cant a non nato country go to help our country seems to want to help everyone and we just cant do that yes its awful its horriable watching people die and not being able to do anything but we just cant make that move
We need to gain perspective and get a grip. Putin will not use nuclear weapons because despite how hard Ukraine is trying, Putin will gain control of Kyiv.
Putin is threatening nuclear because it costs him nothing to do so. To use them, he would lose everything.
NATO etc knows he'll gain control of Ukraine and they're holding out. Sanctions will kick in and Putins downfall will begin.
The UK is not being singled out, to Russia, the collective is NATO. He may blame us but he won't target us, he's more interested in the ex-soviet countries. Japan offered to host nuclear weapons, Germany committed €100bn to boost military and US constantly pissing Russia off...so it's not just the UK.

Reactions: 21
I probably sound like a right old bird now to some of you (I’m not actually anywhere near 50 yet despite my user name) but if you think about how many conflicts we’ve actually endured in recent times it’s a bit of an eye opener. I was born during the Cold War, grew up terrified of the IRA bombings, saw the first gulf war and Bosnia play out, went to bed on September 11th absolutely sure I’d wake up to wwIII. I appreciate this is slightly different but really we’ve never really known peacetime which sad but I think as you get older you do kind of think “here we go again”.
That’s a good point, my mum and dad are in their 60’s and are very blasé about it all. My mum keeps saying no one wants war it won’t happen.
The thing that gets me is no one thought he was going into Ukraine either so……

Reactions: 9
One of my immediate neighbours is Ukrainian, her husband is polish and I had assumed she was too. He has text us today to tell us she is Ukrainian with all her family still in Ukraine. We have donated to the links he sent us. But i wanted to do something to show support to her? Would taking her some flowers seem inappropriate? Sorry to ask here. I can’t imagine how she feels here hopeless to do anything watching her country under attack

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I know people mean well but if you want to help, then please donate money and not things. Most of the things collected will go to waste. Something like 75 per cent of things donated in a disaster are not put to use. There are charities on the ground who know what they're doing.

Reactions: 16
How long are sanctions being imposed for? Temporarily or permanently?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.