Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More aid from the UK I take it the talks didn’t amount to much

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just going back to the uber-table...is this a sign of his paranoia, or does he just want us to know that he's got a really big table? I've seen it mentioned that he is ill and therefore concerned about catching Covid. He obviously doesn't want to be seen wearing a mask, so the distancing could be relevant. Or he's worried about someone getting close enough to him to stab him with some James Bond-style poisoned pen device?

View attachment 1093618
What a pathetic loser. Too afraid to even sit next to people at a table. This plonker wouldn’t last two seconds in battle

Reactions: 16
It’s possible AND NECESSARY to care for both.
I wish I could like this 100 times.

I've seen people being made to feel guilty for being worried about their own country, family, and finances. But we all are capable of caring about multiple things at once. I'm worried for my kid's future and what this will mean for them, and for our future finances, but that doesn't mean I'm not near tears every time I watch the news and hear/see what the Ukrainians are going through right now.

Reactions: 45
Ukrainian Ambassador live on euro news said if he (Putin) wants to kill, he should do exactly the same as ‘the man in the bunker’ did in ‘1945’. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

I've seen people being made to feel guilty for being worried about their own country, family, and finances. But we all are capable of caring about multiple things at once. I'm worried for my kid's future and what this will mean for them, and for our future finances, but that doesn't mean I'm not near tears every time I watch the news and hear/see what the Ukrainians are going through right now.
Same during covid if you suffered or showed concern for anyone other than covid patients,
And what’s happening them now that covid is a flu, they’re on their way to funeral homes in boxes or as the child/parent/friend of a forgotten cancer patient attending a funeral.
Or on a 18 month waiting list for treatment

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If you listen to the UN now, far from losing he has been using tactical methods to take out infrastructure, health care, water, power, just about everything. They've ear marked residential buildings to destroy at night and have been doing so. We really don't know what's going on apart from what's been reported from Kyiv and Kharkiv but many cities have fallen. Monsters!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Just going back to the uber-table...is this a sign of his paranoia, or does he just want us to know that he's got a really big table? I've seen it mentioned that he is ill and therefore concerned about catching Covid. He obviously doesn't want to be seen wearing a mask, so the distancing could be relevant. Or he's worried about someone getting close enough to him to stab him with some James Bond-style poisoned pen device?

View attachment 1093618
Just no need for the table, why is he so dramatic?!
Well done with your big table & stupid threats, but your name has poo in it & you look like you’ve been dead for 3 years already. So. 💁🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 21
That was the point of my original post. But where would you rather be today? Here (if the UK?) or Ukraine?
Why is it an either or? It’s not always necessary to compare your own problems and make them invalid because others have it worse.

Reactions: 19
Let’s see what the Russia delegate has to say at the UN… 😬

He’s saying the MSM are distorting what is happening and the Ukrainians are the problem. Oh ok then.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
God, if it ever comes down to tinned bread just pass me a gun. Grim! 😬

It's not too terrible, it's the type of bread that has been baked a long time anyway (like Pumpernickel). But yeah... normally very few people would find it necessary to order a ten-pack of it.

Reactions: 11
This is something we need to deal with now because if we don't it will get much much worse. Also talked about the economic price of action, its going to cost us dearly either way.
I think that's at the crux of it.

I was reading this article earlier, about how Zelenskyy has really utilised calling up policy leaders, and using social media to raise support, so they have had to react, and been given the chance to be united. I think (you can't be sure, it's all speculation) that at the back of this is the West realising that this may well be the best time to lance the Russian boil. They know, realistically that Ukraine can't hold off Russia alone for ever, and after Ukraine, what would he do next. I don't want to harp on, but continaully throughout these threads people - and me - having been providing evidence of the crimes that Putin has been commiting across Europe and the globe. So say the West had ignored the situation in Ukraine this time, and it fell, and life goes on. Until Putin gets antsy, or there's dissent and another Russian missile takes out another jet plane of holidaymakers like MH170. Which leader wants that on their record?

I think that there's a hope that by going in so hard, and so unilaterally against Putin that he's sufficiently weakened, or best case scenario, 'removed' by the Russians, and life returns to usual quicker. The usual method of mild sanctions and tut-tutting has done bollock all before to stop him, and he's just escalating. I think that the hope is go hard, get it done, so that this doesn't happen again, and again. Sometimes inaction is as expensive as action.

And, the cynical me thinks that nothing unites people like a common enemy, and people do like to be seen supporting the underdog (and let's not forget Maggie and the Falklands).

Reactions: 15
If you listen to the UN now, far from losing he has been using tactical methods to take out infrastructure, health care, water, power, just about everything. They've ear marked residential buildings to destroy at night and have been doing so. We really don't know what's going on apart from what's been reported from Kyiv and Kharkiv but many cities have fallen. Monsters!
Some awful atrocities today deliberately targeting civilians, including children .Really horrific sights being reported :(

• Sad
Reactions: 27

The problem I'm finding is that all the worrying I did prior to this seems trivial. My children sleep in a warm house and a safe bed. That is worth every penny I have. That doesn't mean I'm not worried about the economic fallout this is going to create and the state of the world my children will grow up in. I'm so conflicted and confused at my emotions about it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.