Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reports earlier had it that Russia planned to demoralise the Ukranians by causing panic. Taking away internet access, power and encouraging looting were a few examples
I could see that happening if they’re without power for a time, there’s been no looting as of yet but heavy attacks going on tonight 😕
DF6C3865-37FE-4978-A3B6-5565EB2D4AB9.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Oh ffs my anxiety is through the roof again there’s been an explosion on the Wirral where I am supposedly by cammell lairds the shipping builders. It will be absolutely nothing of major concern I’m sure but people said their kids are up petrified ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Oh ffs my anxiety is through the roof again there’s been an explosion on the Wirral where I am supposedly by cammell lairds the shipping builders. It will be absolutely nothing of major concern I’m sure but people said their kids are up petrified ☹
Some drunk idiot walked past mines punching all the bins that weren't emptied because or the snow. I tit myself 😟

• Sad
Reactions: 13
i've been awake for the past half hour bc the usual milk float sounded vaguely like an air raid siren ... lol?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
1645842982405.png

Just saw this, twelve hours old, but...

A side note for anyone for whom this may help. Speaking as someone who doesn't listen to heavy metal, Sweden's heavy metal band Sabaton have spent years writing songs about some of the most heroic moments and people during war through history. I stumbled over them due to my love of history several years back and in the time since Russia started this, I've found when I'm feeling low and close to tears, putting their songs on helps. The true heroism, the seemingly unbeatable odds, the spirit they sing of is so reflected in Ukrainians, dear, brave people who are standing strong and those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Going to stop babbling, I'm tearing up again. I just wanted to mention them in case it may help someone. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just in relation to the RTE news interview with the Russian ambassador earlier:
Screenshot_20220226-023926_Twitter.jpg

Good man McCullagh! The ambassador should be catapulted out of here in a ball of his own tit 🇮🇪🇺🇦🇮🇪🇺🇦🇮🇪🇺🇦

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The Ukrainian Ambadassor in the UN at the minute "Your words have less value than a hole in a New York pretzel!" When they get born, do Ukrainians get an extra dose of stone cold big bollockness? (men and women)

I seriously have a huge crush on basically the whole country
It’s in our blood. From generations of tyrannical leaders, war, famine, genocide.. we cannot afford to not have big balls. But we are really nice, I promise 🙏🖤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Given that there seemed to be info on the Russian attack on Kyiv tonight, the increased sanctions and aid from the likes of US seem a bit performative, especially if Russia succeed

It's honestly rather silly that a country just need to threaten to use nuclear weapons for everyone to more or less shrug their shoulders and let them do whatever

Reactions: 10
I woke at 1am and can’t sleep for worrying about all the Ukrainian people, the sheer thought of not being able to keep children safe is just too awful for words and I don’t think this will end anytime soon. Putin has lost it and I think pride will not let him stop. The Ukrainian people have shown the world how brave they are including their president he knows he won’t get out alive. As s former carer lll never forget a ww2 fighters words ‘me and the German soldier stared at each other it was obvious neither of us wanted to kill the other but we had too and I’m here’ 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.