Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He has no other powerful allies other than China. So this is big.
Yeah, exactly. This is about as good as the UN is able to deliver and it's a good result. Nobody stood by Russia. Russia, as the president of the security council, was forced to read out the list of all other countries opposing them. It's an extremely long list.

They have been completely isolated on the world stage and it's a damning indictment of their actions. The UN is a space for jaw-jaw, as opposed to war-war.

Reactions: 25
@Mark81 excuse my ignorance, I’m trying to educate myself in the politics.
Do they need a unanimous decision for resolution?

Reactions: 6
He has no other powerful allies other than China. So this is big.
But if China are still going to buy Russian food and gas and oil to make up for sanctions I'm not sure if it really is going to make a difference. They won't condone it, but also not stopping it.

He was already going it alone (with belarus) anyway

Also saw Canada are adding Belarus to their sanctions as well as russia

Reactions: 12
The world would be a much better place if we just left each other alone and in peace. Accepted our differences and realised how short our lives are as it is. I know that will never happen but I have hope the desire to feel at peace will persevere through the dark days ahead. I still hold hope this can be defused…somehow.
I 100 per cent agree! Sadly many leaders climb to the top using narcissistic Machiavellism. The good ones tend to be kept down and we are left with superegos
I never thought I would miss Theresa May but somehow I do 😂

Reactions: 13
@Mark81 excuse my ignorance, I’m trying to educate myself in the politics.
Do they need a unanimous decision for resolution?
I'm no expert but I think because one member state vetoed it then it automatically fails. But there is another level they go to where Russia won't have a say so may pass then

But if China are still going to buy Russian food and gas and oil to make up for sanctions I'm not sure if it really is going to make a difference. They won't condone it, but also not stopping it.

Yeah I agree but they aren't being hostile to us and now I certainly don't think they would back Putin invading a NATO country. So I think it will stop at Ukraine as he won't have the backing there.

I can't actually believe these "world leaders" are backing him
They’re not backing him but they’re also not not-backing him. They’re trying to stay neutral, they don’t want putin after their countries especially as they are not NATO members so are basically on their own if Russia retaliated to them voting against them

Reactions: 15

Did you see Ontario are really hitting them where it hurts? Quote in the article: 'The LCBO is one of the world's largest buyers of booze, importing alcohol from 80 countries and carries at least six brands of Russian vodka.'

India also abstaining. Funny how the countries with the highest numbers of nuclear weapons are doing so… 🤔🙃
I think its more to do with borders. I know India has some issues with China too. So I think its probably a case of the best they can do without upsetting Russia

They're basically turning their backs saying it's not our problem.

It's a win in that China doesn't look like it will join Russia in battle. But not sure how much difference it will make right now

Reactions: 18
They’re not backing him but they’re also not not-backing him. They’re trying to stay neutral, they don’t want putin after their countries especially as they are not NATO members so are basically on their own if Russia retaliated to them voting against them
Thank you I'm all a bit confused by this. Also nice to see that profile picture ma lovlie 😉

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
The other plus to China abstaining is it may make a Taiwan invasion less likely by china. And if Russia were to go into a nato country China likely wouldn't support them so it would be Russia alone against the west. It eases the chance of ww3 a bit

Reactions: 19
The world would be a much better place if we just left each other alone and in peace. Accepted our differences and realised how short our lives are as it is. I know that will never happen but I have hope the desire to feel at peace will persevere through the dark days ahead. I still hold hope this can be defused…somehow.
Which is why we have to defend ourselves, and help out other Countries when asked. There's a huge cost to it but it must be borne.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Im really glad I came across this thread. You guys talk alot of sense and for the likes of me who doesn't know much and still learning as I go. Thank you plus not as overwhelming as the news

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.