Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
there will be a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about, it makes sense that the UK are getting prepared. He probably also wants to ensure everything is organised now before everything gets worse x
Nato said they will keep sending troops to Eastern Europe. So that might be why?

Reactions: 11
I would fight to protect my family, my country and my people too. When the situation requires it, I think we are all capable of astonishing bravery to safeguard democracy, our freedoms and way of life.

Reactions: 21
I don’t believe they are skint.
I do think they are going into Ukraine with the intention of basically fucking shit up and then getting out of there. He hasn’t been feeding his soldiers which is one major problem.
If they weren’t skint, why are they using old and often malfunctioning equipment?

Reactions: 7
there will be a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about, it makes sense that the UK are getting prepared. He probably also wants to ensure everything is organised now before everything gets worse x

There will be such we don't know behind the scenes.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Reactions: 10
Serious question, do most Russian people even know about the sanctions yet? If the media is state controlled is it even being reported? Seems to be a bit of a split among then Russian people, the older generation who get their news from the state controlled channels and therefore only hear what Putin wants them to hear and the more informed younger people who rely on the internet and social media.

Reactions: 14
Sorry if this sound ignorant.. but all of these civilians arming themselves, are they supposed to just shoot at the Russian army as they see them coming? Is this how it is? I thought it would be more than just man on man, shooting?

Are they guided by the Ukrainian army?

I’ve just seen pictures of random people on Twitter holding guns saying they will protect their country

Reactions: 15
We can't expect much, if anything, of the UN.
Friends in Bosnia hate the UN. They remember how the peacekeeping forces did nothing to stop genocide. All they were good for was parking lorries in a line so that civilians could cross the street without being shot by a sniper. Remember that UN forces handed over hundreds of young Bosnian Muslims to the Serbs to be tortured and shot.

Reactions: 19
And I hope he remains quiet. Good heavens I'd almost forgot about him

Reactions: 6
We have to remember that most of the videos which have been circulating are old footage from other wars or training exercises. This has been verified.
Its out of order that Ukraine has closed their borders to men. Most people wouldn’t choose to fight and are pacifists, they should be allowed to seek refuge. It’s one thing people in government feeling they owe their country, but normal folk shouldn’t be forced into conflict.

Reactions: 27
Amen.

People rarely realise the truth of the UN. 2 million civilians and armed forces died on the UN's watch and a further 2 million were displaced from Bosnia. Hardly a successful peacekeeping mission.

Reactions: 10
I would fight to protect my family, my country and my people too. When the situation requires it, I think we are all capable of astonishing bravery to safeguard democracy, our freedoms and way of life.
I would also fight this is my home and my people, . Imagine Putin occupying your home country ? It would be awful.

Reactions: 13
Same in Rwanda. The UN withdrew their peacekeepers pretty sharpish but the Canadians and Pakistani soldiers chose to stay.
Same with UNICEF who had offices right next to an orphanage but refused to help when the water and power was cut off.

What happens if Ukraine succeed in fighting the Russian’s off and Putin doesn’t get what he wants? How would an angry, shamed, embarrassed, little man - that’s possibly losing his marbles, react?

Reactions: 16
Devils advocate but Imagine if there was no conscription in WW2 , we would have been taken over and occupied unfortunately it is needed sometimes but not in this situation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.