Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just seen on the bbc website the president saying he’s number one target and his family are number two target. It just made me feel sick!
Same. He will never surrender but even if he did i don't think they'd allow him to live. Its horrific watching this play out.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Pfft I don’t expect or want influencers to pass comment or hang wring any more than I want actors in TV commercials to break the fourth wall and address the situation. They are merely a form of advertising. It would be irksome if they pretended otherwise.
They could at least make an attempt not to be so completely tone deaf though.

Reactions: 8
100% agree, he doesn't give a flying fu*k and no way is he a puppet, he is a dangerous dictator who also appears to have become a total megalomaniac with a mission to restore the old USSR as no way is this going to stop with the Ukraine. I think his sanity is questionable and needs to be rid of asap we are looking at Hitler mark 2. He has already accused Ukraine of having Nazis and no doubt that whatever people Putin thinks are Naziz (eg people who favour the West rather than Russia and not Nazis at all) will end up rotting in concentration camps and there will also be excecutions for "crimes" against Russia.
What makes you think this? I’m not being a dick but they are alarming claims so just wondering what you’re basing them on.

Reactions: 3
Rochelle struggles to read an autocue, she should say nothing about Ukraine.

She posted about free tit she got on holiday, then shared a post with "preying so hard for Ukraine" then minutes later posting an ad for supplements. It's insulting to mention it. Stick to posting the ads for overpriced pills that just get pissed out.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
They could at least make an attempt not to be so completely tone deaf though.
Not for me. I tend to just avoid them when tit gets real as they’re annoying at the best of times. But they are doing their job which is being advertisement bots shilling a carefree, privileged lifestyle so of course they carry on regardless. That’s the whole point of them. They appeal to consumers.

Reactions: 8
A Russian run Instagram account is saying how they do not want this war to happen. They also posted about places in Russia where people have been vocal about this.
4DC77971-F61B-4543-B2CF-CE2CA784645F.jpeg
2F626558-8FD2-4ED3-8CF3-83C8224FABA8.jpeg
969A3221-DF55-4ADF-A073-E8FE5B3B8C4F.jpeg
B852B6E9-659C-43BE-84E0-087A8E4902A3.jpeg
EDFFA65F-B05B-4B0D-BD37-D8DF05AF59D4.jpeg
99BF2527-0772-461C-98E9-4D2C1BA3AD44.jpeg
13C5EF1C-3117-4327-8570-18C6B5EC0488.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30
A Russian run Instagram account is saying how they do not want this war to happen. They also posted about places in Russia where people have been vocal about this.
View attachment 1087021View attachment 1087022View attachment 1087024View attachment 1087025View attachment 1087026View attachment 1087027View attachment 1087028
Safety in numbers. It’s a crime to speak out or express any view other than a positive one of their government, but when there are so many going against Putin then what can they do about it? Still very brave of every single person to stand publicly against it, though. So many Russians I know are such awesome people

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Most sane people don’t want war. I’m not well versed or eloquent in political arguments but this seems like a man stuck in the past who can’t accept or recognise countries that have stood on their own for many years.

Re the comments about Europe not doing enough… short of sending soldiers in and denying swift access is there more we can do? Genuine question.

Reactions: 23
I don't follow a lot of people but I don't follow this rule either. I don't think people should be commenting on things they aren't educated on. Sharing a helpful link is the least amount of work they could do. It's the quickest way to pretend they care.
Yea but it someone with 200k+ followers shares a link to sites that gather info about where and how people can donate and even just 1k people each donate £5 that’s already a huge thing right now. I’m not saying they should comment or share their opinion. But sticking to facts or spreading info about how to help is important. With your logic they shouldn’t do anything at all… the advantage Ukraine has right now is the general public’s support worldwide and it could make and break that country in this situation. They need every little bit of help they can get. Thoughts and prayers won’t help them.

Reactions: 11
Safety in numbers. It’s a crime to speak out or express any view other than a positive one of their government, but when there are so many going against Putin then what can they do about it? Still very brave of every single person to stand publicly against it, though. So many Russians I know are such awesome people
I said this to my husband last night, how brave they are because if they’re caught they’ll be tortured I’m sure. They’re very brave.

Reactions: 22
Re the comments about Europe not doing enough… short of sending soldiers in and denying swift access is there more we can do? Genuine question.
That's the problem. We are stuck because as soon as we make the wrong move (Wrong in Putin's eyes) we are in WW3 and he has already threatened nuclear weapons. I think this is why this is unsettling so many people. We seem stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

On a side note I hate hate HATE that Putin is saying this is to de-nazify Ukraine as his excuse. As a Jewish woman I find it so insulting he is using that to justify the needless killing for his own agenda.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Genuine question no hate - what do you want Europe to do?
That's the thing, isn't it. What I want Europe to do is probably not the best thing. But, I do think that we are seeing another Czechoslovakia in 1938 (and obvious reference to the Prague Spring in 1968), and that no firm united response will be very bad. The problem is, Italy, Germany and Austria (no jokes please about the gang's being back together) are not going to do anything that will compromise themselves. Italy is almost totally reliant on Russian energy, Germany may have protested Schröderization (Gerhard Schroder, or Putin's best puppet), but they have Nord 1, so the halting of Nord 2 is not nearly such a big deal as they implied and let's not forget Deutsche Bank. We have a pretty strong historical grasp on what happens when you placate aggressive expansionists, they say "Thank you!" Then expand aggressively.

If I were in Estonia, or especially Lithuania because of Kalinigrad I would be very afraid. The Ukrainian writer Ivan Drach wrote that all their cultural efforts under the USSR were 'a rose under a bulldozer', and I think democracy in Ukraine is about to go the same way.

I genuinely need to do more research though, I hate not having a clear idea, especially as this is something I'm interested in.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That's the thing, isn't it. What I want Europe to do is probably not the best thing. But, I do think that we are seeing another Czechoslovakia in 1938 (and obvious reference to the Prague Spring in 1968), and that no firm united response will be very bad. The problem is, Italy, Germany and Austria (no jokes please about the gang's being back together) are not going to do anything that will compromise themselves. Italy is almost totally reliant on Russian energy, Germany may have protested Schröderization (Gerhard Schroder, or Putin's best puppet), but they have Nord 1, so the halting of Nord 2 is not nearly such a big deal as they implied and let's not forget Deutsche Bank. We have a pretty strong historical grasp on what happens when you placate aggressive expansionists, they say "Thank you!" Then expand aggressively.

If I were in Estonia, or especially Lithuania because of Kalinigrad I would be very afraid. The Ukrainian writer Ivan Drach wrote that all their cultural efforts under the USSR were 'a rose under a bulldozer', and I think democracy in Ukraine is about to go the same way.

I genuinely need to do more research though, I hate not having a clear idea, especially as this is something I'm interested in.

Estonia and Lithuania are EU members and Lithuania is also a Nato member. They are in entirely different positions than Ukraine.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.