Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps we could persuade the Irish fisherman to see the Russians off ?

All joking aside, it’s crazy how this has escalated, what’s even more crazy is Putin. Can’t see NATO doing anything to step in at the moment, I think they will let this one play out a little.

my heart goes out to the brave Ukraine people tonight, I have no idea what I would do if I were in their shoes. 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Without shouting stupid if something happened to Chernobyl would chemicals or whatever harm us? Would they reach this far? That sounds like I'm just thinking about myself, sorry.

Reactions: 10
Feels really selfish to say this because the Ukrainians must be absolutely terrified but I can't fall asleep because I keep thinking about the destruction caused so far. 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Without shouting stupid if something happened to Chernobyl would chemicals or whatever harm us? Would they reach this far? That sounds like I'm just thinking about myself, sorry.
I was just wondering this myself! It would depend on the weather and the wind I think?But the UK wasn’t massively affected from the original Chernobyl accident so I think no.. I think really the only impact to the UK was some radioactive sheep in Scotland (but I’m no expert and wasn’t even alive!).

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Feels really selfish to say this because the Ukrainians must be absolutely terrified but I can't fall asleep because I keep thinking about the destruction caused so far. 😔
Me either. On another thread I saw someone ask why anyone her would be anxious. I'm a worrying, I worry about everything. I have nightmares about disasters happening. This is my worst nightmare. I think everyone's got a right to be scared now. We are just lucky we are only spectators right now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
What the duck is wrong with the Russian government they are sick in the head.
The French foreign minister has said Putin must remember NATO also have nuclear weapons ...is goading a madman with nothing to lose a wise thing 👀

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I can’t sleep. I keep imagining this spreading to the uk and my children in that situation. It’s easy to say oh don’t be silly but I don’t think anyone can say it’s 100% not going to happen. It’s terrifying

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The French foreign minister has said Putin must remember NATO also have nuclear weapons ...is goading a madman with nothing to lose a wise thing 👀
oh goodness...you'd think politicians would know *not* to antagonise a man like Putin. Like everyone here, I'm also worried and up because I can't sleep. It's terrifying; never thought I'd see a day where tanks would be on the ground in Europe...

Reactions: 10
So no men between the age of 16-60 can’t leave Ukraine. I just can’t imagine the terror

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I was just wondering this myself! It would depend on the weather and the wind I think?But the UK wasn’t massively affected from the original Chernobyl accident so I think no.. I think really the only impact to the UK was some radioactive sheep in Scotland (but I’m no expert and wasn’t even alive!).
It effected pregnant women and their babies

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.