Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if this has been mentioned but one of the people I follow on Instagram has just put up on his stories that Russian troops have entered the Chernobyl reactor site via the Belarus border. If the area is damaged where the waste is contained I can’t imagine the consequences.
This is so fucked up I wish that someone would take out that despot.
Edit to add he lives in Ukraine.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Completely random but on Snapchat maps you can see public posts people have put on and it's heart breaking seeing Ukrainian people fighting to get into the metro station for shelter 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Please don't panic buy... we must learn from the covid panic buying. 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Completely random but on Snapchat maps you can see public posts people have put on and it's heart breaking seeing Ukrainian people fighting to get into the metro station for shelter 💔
Tiktok is quite scary as well, is saw a Ukrainian woman packing her bag incase she needs to flee.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Why do I feel the need to round the shop and panic buy, I'm scared 😅 I usually avoid the news
Aw bless don’t panic buy - I hate pasta and when there were pallets of it last year and nothing much else I nearly sat in the supermarket aisle and sobbed - 😄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Alex salmond has finally annoyed he's stopping his Russia today show. George Galloway is still a puppet.

Reactions: 11
I'm really not impressed by the sanctions laid out by Bojo. No more access to SWIFT banking should've been part of them!

Supposed large protests in Russian cities in Moscow and Vlad's home town of St Petersburg. Arrests being made looks like a lot of Russian people aren't happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Please don't panic buy... we must learn from the covid panic buying. 😔
I only live near a corner shop, but I feel like I need more electricity, candles, maybe some money. I don't drink but some wine couldn't hurt 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My husband has a family member who is married to a Russian lady. They've been married for nearly 17 years, and are settled here with a son. But for the past 12 months she's been back in Russia (not sure where, it's a big place!) caring for her terminally ill mother. She literally came back to the UK last month as she was desperate to see her husband and son after so long apart, and was due to go back next month as her mother doesn't have long left. Obviously, now she can't, and she's so worried about her mother.

I know it's a bit off topic and she's incredibly lucky that she's not Ukrainian, but Putin's actions have far reaching impacts for his own people too, particularly after the heartache caused by the pandemic too. She's the nicest person you could meet and thinks Putin's actions are deplorable.

Why do I feel the need to round the shop and panic buy, I'm scared 😅 I usually avoid the news
I defrosted my freezer to make more space for stuff.... Although, it was on my half-term to-do list anyway, but might fill it up tomorrow. And buy some extra tinned stuff 🤣🙄😬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I only live near a corner shop, but I feel like I need more electricity, candles, maybe some money. I don't drink but some wine couldn't hurt 😅
Please don't stockpile. We need to share equally amongst us. With the collapse of the rouble and the stratospheric rise in oil/gas today, we could all suffer. Badly. If we stay calm and in solidarity with one another, we should have no need to panic. If we swarm supermarkets and petrol stations they'll run low on products, to the detriment of us all.
There's enough for all of us.

Reactions: 26
I defrosted my freezer to make more space for stuff.... Although, it was on my half-term to-do list anyway, but might fill it up tomorrow. And buy some extra tinned stuff 🤣🙄😬
Im having an asda shop delivered tomorrow anyways I was before this. But aye it can't hurt to have a couple of extra tins! It's just a crazy time. Im scared and I'm in Scotland 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Who’s going to be the first to halt SWIFT? Boris says there is a ‘potential’. I think if the West did that, Putin would show his ‘immediate response’.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.