Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alex salmond has finally annoyed he's stopping his Russia today show. George Galloway is still a puppet.
Galloway is a disgusting excuse for a human being. He and Farage need to duck right off.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've always found that outrageous beyond bleeping belief.
My family died in Auschwitz. The youngest was six. They were dragged like cattle across Europe, knee deep in excrement and fear, and dragged before sociopaths who decided if they would live for the day or perish. They died horribly, chokingly, suffocated by the rat poison that was Zyklon B and the bodies of fellow Jews and other minorities. They were burnt to ensure that no memory of them every existed.
The idea that wearing a mask is equivalent to what my family and millions of others went through is obscene. False equivalence of the worst kind. Signs of an unutterably feeble mind.
Perhaps all these so-called freedom fighters should listen to the haunting wail of the air raid sirens over Kiev and Kharkiv and buy a bleeping clue. How spoiled. How disgraceful.

Not a matter of liking BloJo. Putin is a sociopath and any sane person would condemn him. Just a shame that we have our own sociopath leading the nation.
Im so sorry your family went through that i think its easy to say such nasty uneducated things but now war is a very real propspect bet they would say lock down dont seem too bad now it used to make me so angry when people said them things because i just sat and thought you really have no clue

• Heart
Reactions: 10
One of my friends parents worked for the MoD and he told me years ago that Russia were always entering our waters & air space, without us (the public) ever knowing. They do it far more often than we are ever told about.

As someone who has GAD anyway, my anxiety has been sky high today. Putin is a scary man and, although I don’t know an awful lot about politics and this or that, I know Russia are a powerful country. I know my anxiety likes to runaway with me but it is a very worrying time and I feel so sad for Ukraine 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Zelensky’s address to Russia is heartbreaking. Trying to imagine Bojo in the same position, trying to be this defiant, composed and statesmanlike.
Spoken like a leader! I don’t think boris could ever come close and Putin well the wires don’t connect in his brain do they?!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Russian jets and subs are always trying their luck to get into our air space and waters.

They are scared off at least 5 times a day, always has happened, no different just because it's all started.

Reactions: 14
All of the EU countries and the UK have agreed a package of financial sanctions on Russian banks, investment companies, and certain individual oligarchs who would be close to Putin. Putin has already factored that in, he couldn’t care less about the financial sanctions, I reckon he believes he’ll get his money back by annexing Ukraine. Unless the EU and America, together as NATO, put hundreds of thousands of troops along the Polish, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuanian borders, Putin will just keep rolling west. No agreement though from NATO, so I think they will probably sit on their hands and hope that the financial sanctions will put him off. They won’t. A worrying time for everyone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Spoken like a leader! I don’t think boris could ever come close and Putin well the wires don’t connect in his brain do they?!
It’s sad that it’s so unusual nowadays for a leader to actually behave like an adult. Bojo might think he’s Churchill, but this is what leadership looks like. I know there’s been criticism of him for not mobilising sooner, but he’s been in an impossible situation.

Not a matter of liking BloJo. Putin is a sociopath and any sane person would condemn him. Just a shame that we have our own sociopath leading the nation.
I agree 100%, it’s hard to have any faith in our government when it’s being controlled by someone who couldn’t even follow their own rules

• Heart
NATO wont do anything unless NATO country is affected, stray bomb, invasion etc

Reactions: 5
If I was 100 percent certain Putin wouldn't press the button , I'd want NATO to go in and push them back. Only choice we have is to mobilise NATO troops and surround Ukraine so they can't move west.

• Heart
One of my friends parents worked for the MoD and he told me years ago that Russia were always entering our waters & air space, without us (the public) ever knowing. They do it far more often than we are ever told about.
Yep my dad was a submariner for over 30 years and he was always telling us that they come right to the border of our waters just to show us that they can. However we also do the same to them

Reactions: 13
Who’s going to be the first to halt SWIFT? Boris says there is a ‘potential’. I think if the West did that, Putin would show his ‘immediate response’.
This is it, the only thing we have as a tool , but they won’t use it as it could end up like the Cuban Missile Crisis. Russia are equipped, mates with China (also equipped) also it will undoubtedly have massive effects on all financial markets and cause a crash. We are due a crash I must add , and have anticipated this myself for a while , so maybe it is all the big players seeing how the allies react and then decide on the swift sanction? Who knows. To me, VERY worrying. Not that I think here in the UK we will see drafting , but more so gas and oil shortages and continued rising costs as they (the Russians) control the cargo route through Kiev on the canal.

My heart bleeds for Ukraine and I watch in awe at those staying. I don’t know what I would do , but if admire how brave they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.