Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guess that's why Australia is talking about keeping a very open eye on the Indo-Pacific region while supporting the European side. And Aus has the support of Japan, Singapore etc in the region.
Japan will back Taiwan. There's still US military bases in Japan....

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
That would be one of the safest places to be though.
Yes but it seems they’ve just been left to their own devices, families with young children walking along the roadside with nothing but the clothes on their back and a bottle of water with no destination in mind, just trying to get away from conflict.

China don’t see it as an invasion

9CA60C56-EA59-4F52-AAF6-929F1C5A0655.jpeg
EF62F723-3207-4047-B70F-89B255CD4993.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Screenshot_20220224-141912.png

Chinese government have basically admitted to their plans to eventually annexe Taiwan.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I do wonder if Kiev is more of an Anglicised/ European spelling and Kyiv is more like how Ukrainians would say it .

From what I was told by someone I know who is Russian, the alphabet and phonetics don't directly translate into English/ non Russian so she had to choose a simplified spelling to write her name in English and she pronounces it this way to English speakers.

Going a bit off topic , but I find languages fascinating.
Ke- yiv is how Ukrainians pronounced it. Kiev is English version

Reactions: 7
This is excellent writing

——

We’re in the dark times now. That clenched, anxious knot in your stomach as you read the news, the gnawing intensity of living through history, of seeing it happen in front of you, with no idea at all what will happen next.

World War Three has never been more likely than it is this morning. That sounds hysterical, but it is a mere statement of fact. Since the fall of the Soviet Union, we’ve experienced only regional or country-specific conflagrations. Now we’re seeing the great military power-block structure rear into view against a nuclear enemy. Nato versus Russia. The sentence we never want to write, suddenly pertinent again.

Vladimir Putin’s behaviour this week showed a man who was not fully in control of his emotions, who is fired up by personal destiny, driven insane by a degenerate sense of invented historic mission. The costs don’t matter to him anymore. Either through madness or overconfidence, he simply does not recognise the disadvantages of his position.

Reactions: 11
I am not very clued up on these things but cant someone over ride his actions if there seen unjustified ? I hope someone can stop him
He's very powerful a billionaire ex KGB probably no one can get near him unless he 100 percent trusts them. But the Russians are creative with their assassinations lots of people fall out of windows and get poisoned 🤣

• Haha
They need to get to the person who does his face. If they can get that person on board or blackmail them into giving him an overdose of botox then job done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
They need to get to the person who does his face. If they can get that person on board or blackmail them into giving him an overdose of botox then job done.
🤣🤣🤣 Needle full of novichok that's a great idea !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Belgium is right in insisting on putting a stop to visas for Russians, especially if they are part of functional and political elites (and most ordinary Russians won't be in a position to travel much anyway). They're quite fond of spending as much time abroad as they can. All those bribes want to be spent... So let's make supporting Putin no fun at all and they're likely to become quite disgruntled very shortly. It's whom Putin relies on, more so than the oligarchs even.

The real way to hurt Russia is to cut them off from SWIFT. The oligarchs wouldn't even blink if that happened, he'd have one of those tragic accidents involving a high rise balcony and a back full of bullets. Play the original 'duck around and find out' game

Reactions: 14
I’m in a privileged enough position to own an apartment in Vilnius. We were going to move there once we’d retired. Spoke to my neighbour there this morning and she’s absolutely petrified.
Thats awful, I'm so sorry 💚I have a few friends from there, they never spoke well of the Russians, must have been tensions for a long time, but I don't really understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Belgium is right in insisting on putting a stop to visas for Russians, especially if they are part of functional and political elites (and most ordinary Russians won't be in a position to travel much anyway). They're quite fond of spending as much time abroad as they can. All those bribes want to be spent... So let's make supporting Putin no fun at all and they're likely to become quite disgruntled very shortly. It's whom Putin relies on, more so than the oligarchs even.

The real way to hurt Russia is to cut them off from SWIFT. The oligarchs wouldn't even blink if that happened, he'd have one of those tragic accidents involving a high rise balcony and a back full of bullets. Play the original 'duck around and find out' game
I agree ! Every NATO country needs to confiscate the assets of wealthy russian oligarchs and Putin supporters. He has the backing of some very rich people and the only thing they care about is money. He will have nothing without the elites support.

Reactions: 15
I imagine his plastic surgeon has their whole family under constant surveillance by the Russian security service to avoid this and Putain has a dedicated ultra high security lab to create all of his injectables. But there must be a weak link somewhere!

• Haha
Losing count of how many times I've seen that Shaun of the Dead meme about going to the Winchester to wait for it all to blow over

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.