UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear the party has had a lot of reports of sexual misconduct or assault in the past as it is, I’m surprised that this is the one that caused a huge fall out

it appears that a lot of them were “dealt with”, would be interested to know how long they stayed with the party before being found guilty though, but there’s that one unnamed one too

I think there was a whole thing about the female MPs having a list of male MPs to not be alone with too?

Its honestly just disappointing that this incident has caused an uproar but a lot of the other ones make the news for maybe one or two days

• Sick
Reactions: 3
saw this yesterday on twitter - a briefing from 2019 from the looks of it as boris is foreign secretary. bit blurry but pincher is highlighted. cannot believe kwarteng has got with truss and rudd?!

1657104831162.png

• Wow
Reactions: 7
PMQs is going to be absolute scenes
Watching it now - whoever advised him to double down should go by the end of the day as well.

Has he mentioned the successful COVID vaccinations yet?
No - he's talking about his mega tax cut (the raising of the NI threshold) which won't offset the 1% increase or the freezing of the annual allowance.

Oh and that the people are more interested in the reduciton in unemployment figures rather than 'an investigation' of Chris Pincher after a previous complaint was concluded (we think you mean upheld Boris...)

Reactions: 3
Starmer is such a joy to watch during PMQs. Having been a lawyer he has such a good way of formatting things by just stating facts rather than blabbering about things

Reactions: 9
Starmer is such a joy to watch during PMQs. Having been a lawyer he has such a good way of formatting things by just stating facts rather than blabbering about things
He does make Bojo look like a stammering teen caught taking money from his parents wallet / purse

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The sheer arrogance of Boris not reading the room. The Tory front bench is full of weapons.

Reactions: 9
I understand why he's focusing on inflation but I'm not entirely sure anyone trusts him or the Tories to deal with it properly

Reactions: 4
I literally watched PMQs for two minutes. As soon as that dribbly candle stood up and started smirking I came away. I cannot stomach Johnson or his yes-men and women today.

Reactions: 10
The men in suits from the 1922 committee are apparently going to tell Boris tonight he needs to go. They plan to change the rules with immediate effect.

Boris saying he won't go without a general election. Boris has gone full Trump.

This is fascinating and terrifying at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
saw this yesterday on twitter - a briefing from 2019 from the looks of it as boris is foreign secretary. bit blurry but pincher is highlighted. cannot believe kwarteng has got with truss and rudd?!

View attachment 1396134
just realised i meant 2016 🥴

my god the liaison committee has just been questioning him on safeguarding / people trafficking concerns re. Ukrainian refugees, and *exactly* as he mentions the work the home office do, his minister for safeguarding at the home office has just resigned. you genuinely couldn't write this tit

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.