UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else not like it when brands use politics in a campaign (even if you agree with the message)?

Unless it's led by donkeys or a news outlet where politics is very much in their lane.
I agree completely. I prefer my companies to be politically neutral.

I've had it with politics. Just can't do it anymore. All the BoJo/Gray/Met Police carry on.

Then yesterday, Liz Truss spending £500,000 on a trip to Australia, was the final straw. How on earth is that 'value for money' ? Even if she took a couple of staff and they all flew first class it would not come anywhere near £500,000.

Reactions: 6
Am I reading this right? The police dont want Sue Gray to publish that the Met police didnt do their jobs when it came to the government breaching lockdown? What's the point then?
Exactly. Why should it be watered down?

Not surprised though.

Reactions: 1
still don't understand how that bleep we call a pm hasn't got nazanin zaghari-ratcliffe home yet?
Not a fan of BJ, but wouldn't paying for her release set a precedent that falsely imprisoning British citizens is a good way for some countries to make cash?

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that the UK has an official line of "we don't pay ransoms" in order to overall protect people and not put a price on their heads.

Not that I know much about it all, I imagine it's quite complicated.

Reactions: 3
Not a fan of BJ, but wouldn't paying for her release set a precedent that falsely imprisoning British citizens is a good way for some countries to make cash?

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that the UK has an official line of "we don't pay ransoms" in order to overall protect people and not put a price on their heads.

Not that I know much about it all, I imagine it's quite complicated.
i thought it was a case of raab or whoever is liaising with iranian officials now just couldn't be arsed to fight her corner - didn't realise they wanted paying! i think as far as foreign issues go she should be a much higher priority and deserves more time and resources than all these post brexit trade agreements that have no more value than a tesco meal deal

i thought it was a case of raab or whoever is liaising with iranian officials now just couldn't be arsed to fight her corner - didn't realise they wanted paying! i think as far as foreign issues go she should be a much higher priority and deserves more time and resources than all these post brexit trade agreements that have no more value than a tesco meal deal
I thought it was due to Iran claiming they were owed money over something or other. So basically a disguised bribe.

The current government if anything would love the good pr of getting her back and would if it really was simple.

Reactions: 2
It's supposed to be over a debt from the 70's ,the Shah payed the UK millions for tanks it never received and they want their money back .

Re: Ukraine vs Russia is it just the U.K. and the US who are helping the Ukrainians with military and money? I haven’t seen talk of any other countries supporting?

Yel

Re: Ukraine vs Russia is it just the U.K. and the US who are helping the Ukrainians with military and money? I haven’t seen talk of any other countries supporting?
Germany have sent 5'000 hats I believe

Helmets was the word I was looking for 🤦‍♀️! I hate it when I lose words

I think they're helping with a field hospital also

I assumed that was what you meant but I had visions of them sending5000 of these which made me laugh https://www.google.com/search?channel=nrow5&client=firefox-b-d&q=german+hats+with+feathers
(sorry on my phone cant work out how to embed an image!)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nadine Dorries really does come across as pretty dim. Incredible how she's made it in politics. How can we mock developing country's politicians for corruption and incompetence with this lot in charge of us. duck me

Reactions: 7
Nadine Dorries really does come across as pretty dim. Incredible how she's made it in politics. How can we mock developing country's politicians for corruption and incompetence with this lot in charge of us. duck me
That interview with Krishnan Guru Murthy was embarrassing ... 'the prime minister tells the truth'. She sounded pissed tbh.

Yel

If Liz truss really was in the front running to replace BJ would they really be sending her out to defend him? I think not.

As the months go on there will be more and more negative stuff about Rishi with all the money carelessly wasted, ni rises and the property market stupidly pumped to new levels. If it is him then he's coming in with a lot of baggage. He should stay as chancellor and try to redeem himself.

Reactions: 3
If Liz truss really was in the front running to replace BJ would they really be sending her out to defend him? I think not.

As the months go on there will be more and more negative stuff about Rishi with all the money carelessly wasted, ni rises and the property market stupidly pumped to new levels. If it is him then he's coming in with a lot of baggage. He should stay as chancellor and try to redeem himself.
yeah I agree, I know SO many people whose company took furlugh money while they had to continue to work, there were seemingly zero checks on anything. Did you see the thing about peoplecompletely inventing companies to get money?

Why didn’t Lindsey Hoyle ask Boris to withdraw the remark about Jimmy Saville if he thinks it was inappropriate?

Yel

yeah I agree, I know SO many people whose company took furlugh money while they had to continue to work, there were seemingly zero checks on anything. Did you see the thing about peoplecompletely inventing companies to get money?
Yep know so many stories just from my circle of money taken from taxpayers fraudulently. Fair enough at the start when they rushed things out. But it was still going on over a year later when they had plenty of time to tighten it. Rishi needs to stay and fix some of this.

I hope they go after those that invented companies, must be easy to see? They'll probably not and chase people who owe £40 tax

Why didn’t Lindsey Hoyle ask Boris to withdraw the remark about Jimmy Saville if he thinks it was inappropriate?
I think because it didn't break the rules of what's acceptable. Very low blow and the Worboys stuff is probably way more appropriate damning for sir Keir, not that it should have been mentioned either.

They need to ditch sir Keir if they're going to stand a chance, he did well in PMQ's but that doesn't take much giving the situation. Might as well give Angela Rayner a shot.

I read today they wasted £4.7bn on PPE that couldnt be used. I'm guessing their mates pop up companies that were all of a sudden selling PPE. That's a lot of bleeping money that's just gone, but its alright, just tax the poor and they can deal with the mess.

What a shambles.

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.