UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get that people can change their views, but only this week he was voting against policies that labour supported. That labour throw such welcoming arms is cringe.

They're not wrong on this one

---

Sir Keir looks rather confused in the official labour twitter account banner

Screenshot_20220119-132942_Twitter.jpg

Nicola shows how it should be done on the SNP account

Screenshot_20220119-133054_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: 6
I really don't understand how it is legal that MPs can just change parties like this, I would be annoyed if I had voted an MP in one party and they changed to another

Reactions: 6
I get that people can change their views, but only this week he was voting against policies that labour supported. That labour throw such welcoming arms is cringe.

They're not wrong on this one

---

Sir Keir looks rather confused in the official labour twitter account banner

View attachment 999413

Nicola shows how it should be done on the SNP account

View attachment 999418
More today...

The guy is a hypocrite, obviously more interested in his own survival than his morals.

He should of switched to become an independent, not the opposition that he spent much time criticising, until very recently.

I really don't understand how it is legal that MPs can just change parties like this, I would be annoyed if I had voted an MP in one party and they changed to another
The excuse is 'people vote for the person, not the party'.

That is utter rubbish in itself.

Reactions: 4

According to a tweet from Peston ( that was swiftly deleted) Sue has found a damaging email

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
More today...

The guy is a hypocrite, obviously more interested in his own survival than his morals.

He should of switched to become an independent, not the opposition that he spent much time criticising, until very recently.

exactly, especially with out fptp system, I would bet most people don't know the name of their local MP, people generally vote for parties

Reactions: 2
Essentially I think it’s because you’re supposed to vote for the person you like best not necessarily the party they stand for and hope they have your best interests in mind regardless (thought let’s face it most people would vote a donkey in if it had the right coloured rosette). Churchill changed parties several times..!

Christian Wakefield also previously stated that MPs whom change parties should then have to stand in an automatic by-election.

Needless to say that Christian Wakefield has no intention of standing down and seeking reelection in a by-election.

The guy is a total hypocrite.

Christian Wakefield also previously stated that MPs whom change parties should then have to stand in an automatic by-election.

Needless to say that Christian Wakefield has no intention of standing down and seeking reelection in a by-election.

The guy is a total hypocrite.
I'm in two minds. I completely agree there should be one, but I don't know how I feel about the taxpayer funding it. I'd charge it back between the political parties involved.

There seems to have been a slight rest between the drama of this week and the report being delayed. I think there hoping the public get so sick of it there just a bit hardened off by the time Sue Grey reports.

I just can't help but laugh when I hear people on the radio talking about what makes a good whip. What a name. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I would imagine that MP had plenty of constituents making their feelings known about BoJo and the Tories. I doubt he'd do the same if he'd been in a staunch Tory seat.

Although do staunch Tory seats exist at the moment? Look at North Shropshire...

Reactions: 3
Well he's not gonna turn round and admit he said it is he?! "Yes, what she says is true and I hold my hands up to it. I meant every word and I still stand by what I say" is something that I will never hear come out of a Tory's mouth (or fingers)

So the MET have finally started investigating 8 out of 15 parties of interest.

If the cabinet office has given the information to the police, it would indicate it’s not great for the PM.

So the MET have finally started investigating 8 out of 15 parties of interest.

If the cabinet office has given the information to the police, it would indicate it’s not great for the PM.
The PM has 24/7 police protection so I’m not sure how they’ve been able to get away from stating that he had parties.

There should definitely be a by-election if you do that.

Most people wouldn't know their MP if they turned up on their doorstep. Everyone votes for a party.

So, it turns out Boris was involved with getting Pen Farthings dog's out of Kabul. Carrie's friend.

Carrie Antionette is going to be the downfall of Boris.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.