UK Politics #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that if you can, and your primary goal is to wipe out the Tories then voting tactically is the only sensible option.
I wish I could vote tactically - in my constituency my only real option is to spoil my ballot paper, which is really not what I want to do.
Presumably a tactical vote in islington North would be to defeat Labour. The best chance of doing that is probably to vote for Corbyn as an independent. Otherwise you have a choice between Lib Dems, Green and Reform. If you don't like any of those options then don't vote. I don't understand why spoiling your ballot is the only option or what you think its achieves.
---
Oh blimey, the poison has spread to this thread now.

Reactions: 2
Presumably a tactical vote in islington North would be to defeat Labour. The best chance of doing that is probably to vote for Corbyn as an independent. Otherwise you have a choice between Lib Dems, Green and Reform. If you don't like any of those options then don't vote. I don't understand why spoiling your ballot is the only option or what you think its achieves.
---
Only ******** people spoil a ballot paper.

Reactions: 1
---
To be honest I don’t think Labour have a hope in hell of winning here ( the candidate they parachuted in is next to useless ) and I think Corbyn will be re elected. I’ve voted for Corbyn before as an MP but not since the debacle of his leadership.
I’m actually insulted you think one of my options is Reform - as if!

Reactions: 6
To be honest I don’t think Labour have a hope in hell of winning here ( the candidate they parachuted in is next to useless ) and I think Corbyn will be re elected. I’ve voted for Corbyn before as an MP but not since the debacle of his leadership.
I’m actually insulted you think one of my options is Reform - as if!
Oh okay I understand. Based on your previous posts I didn't really think that you would want to vote for Reform but I didn't want to be accused of being a biased 'leftie' (actually I don't care, I am that apparently rarest of creatures a 'boomer' and a 'leftie)

Reactions: 6
Saw there’s been a huge cyber attack on the London health service major ops been cancelled, even transplants.
---
Back on topic!

• Sad
I'll be voting tactically - our current Lib Dem MP was only about 300 votes ahead of the SNP last time and I don't want them to get in here. We've had a massive boundary change too and the bit that's joined my constituency is traditionally more inclined to go SNP.

For profit media companies and presenters need people like Farrage and Trump, they are all complicit in the gaslighting. Kier Starmer is boring, that will never do. Once Labour get in certain media outlets will start to lose even MORE viewers/listeners and in the desperate need for attention (and to keep their corporate advertisers happy) they will give even more airtime to divisive figures like Farage.
Im not sure though that people like Farage and Trump are just there because the media needs them!
I think they are there as a reaction to the non policies that are being presented! The UK, has a lot of issues that none of the main parties are going anywhere near.
Farage and Trump speak some basic facts..(even though they pay no attention or consideration to how these are actually going to be solved!) On question time last week, Farage was irritating, but he did try and talk about issues that exist, and answer questions! (Ok so maybe he didnt bother to listen to any answers given by anyone else...but..)

There are issues around immigration and British identity.. and around the Economy and poverty and lack of opportunities for traditional working class families. And around Brexit. and around World politics which none of the other political parties are even attempting to address.

Trump was/is awful but at least he did do things like visit Putin and North Korea, and attempt some kind of appeasement../de-escalation of potential conflict. Instead of the head in the sand...attitude adopted by almost everyone else.

There are reasons why divisive figures like Trump and Farage are popular, and maybe rather than just dismissing them out of hand, people need to listen and think about why so many support them?

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Claire Fox is on politics live. A former communist turned brexiter nominated by Boris Johnson’s govt for the House of Lords. Things that make you go 🤔

• Wow
I would vote tactically .....but there is virtually no point......This isnt a seat where any party other than the conservatives stand a chance, and therefore I dont expect there wont be anyone other than a named person to vote for. Ie the named people arent local, or have experience or a decent local presence! I dont know what to do this election....is there any point in bothering to vote?

I feel for the Lib dems in Clacton, they did put forward a decent option, someone who is already a successful local councillor, who could have run a decent campaign against the conservatives...but now.....he wont stand a chance against the Reform party

Im not sure though that people like Farage and Trump are just there because the media needs them!
Not 'just', obviously. However, the viewing figures of CNN figures are higher when they put Trump on everyday and Fox News is essentially the media-wing of the MAGA cult now, it's a propaganda channel. Frightening.

• Heart
Claire Fox is on politics live. A former communist turned brexiter nominated by Boris Johnson’s govt for the House of Lords. Things that make you go 🤔
Professional gobshite. There's plenty of them around who will spout any old bollocks for cash.

Reactions: 4
I’m really pissed off that Farage has ruined my enjoyment of this election and I can’t be happy at the collapse of the Tory party because he’s going to sweep in and merge with it and something worse will come out of it.

Reactions: 10
Professional gobshite. There's plenty of them around who will spout any old bollocks for cash.
I'm not sure who these daytime politics/current affairs programmes are aimed at tbh. I would have said students, but I'm not so sure now. GB News, Jeremy Vine, Storm Huntley (Channel 5) have a whole stable of them. It's quite an industry. The gobshites seem to rotate on a bi-weekly / monthly basis. Turn-up, spout shite, get paid, rinse-and-repeat. They have no real position or interest other than self-promotion and feeding some lack of attention --a bit like the politicans they talk about. They are also all based in London. That's probably the best thing about radio insofar as you can get other people based elsewhere. Ok, ramble/rant over.

Sorry but wtf is going on with Pennys hair 😳
No need to say sorry. I don't know, but I don't know much about women's hair. Blow-dry? Back-combing? I'm reaching ... I have no idea. It's a bit like asking what's up with Nigel's face. It's all a mystery really. I swear the lady from the Green Party was in Why Don't You in 1984.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No need to say sorry. I don't know, but I don't know much about women's hair. Blow-dry? Back-combing? I'm reaching ... I have no idea. It's a bit like asking what's up with Nigel's face. It's all a mystery really. I swear the lady from the Green Party was in Why Don't You in 1984.
I don’t like commenting on womens appearance but I’ve never made my hair able to do anything!

I don’t like commenting on womens appearance but I’ve never made my hair able to do anything!
Despite of all the endless hours of drivel I think a lot of people just think: "Ooh, I don't like the look of them". Incredible to me how all these self-styled, so-called 'political commentators' think they know anything more than that.