UK Politics #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Labour are so bad at scheming. Congrats at signalling to the establishment that you hate anybody on the left but as soon as the media need to fill a 24 hour news cycle and don’t have the tories to talk about they’ll come down hard on all sort of gossip and labour minutiae. It’ll not be easy mode forever. Especially if they decide to do anything very VERY slightly progressive

I used to watch Question Time but ended up having to give it up as I find the 1 hour run time totally inadequate/frustrating.
You end up with 3 questions half answered and one utterly pointless one where the panel have 3.5 minutes to respond. It needs changing to 90-120 mins IMO. It's a panel so they have time to catch their breath or something.
I want people to say more stuff about stuff.
It's a politcs topic so I'm moaning in here.

Reactions: 6
I used to watch Question Time but ended up having to give it up as I find the 1 hour run time totally inadequate/frustrating.
You end up with 3 questions half answered and one utterly pointless one where the panel have 3.5 minutes to respond. It needs changing to 90-120 mins IMO. It's a panel so they have time to catch their breath or something.
I want people to say more stuff about stuff.
It's a politcs topic so I'm moaning in here.
Fiona Bruce is dreadful, she'll take a question from someone in the audience then say we'll get back to that, then immediately take another question, and on and on.
F****** abysmal host.

Reactions: 5
Too little too late for many. Trust was lost in Starmer when he called the black lives matter [movement, not the organisation] a moment after performatively taking the knee, ignored the recommendations of the Forde report and ignored complaints of Islamophobia and anti-black racism within Labour.

Add that to him not seeming that different from a tory, he was already on thin ice and this would have only made up skeptical minds.

For some people, this is the final nail in a coffin that's been years in the making.

Reactions: 5
Hopefully we’ll get a Portillo moment when he fails to become an MP for the 9th time.

Reactions: 7
Is anyone surprised?

Clacton re-elected Douglas Carswell in 2014 when he defected to UKIP. I think if Farage stands a chance anywhere, it will be there. (Sorry to anyone from Clacton!)

Reactions: 6
Clacton contains one of the most deprived parts of the UK, Jaywick. EDIT: it’s the most deprived part of the UK

Reactions: 3
Brilliant news. Don't particularly like him but it should spice things up a bit and force the two main parties to get their act together a bit better than they have so far.

Even if you are fully labour it's probably something to applaud as his joining in will likely split the tory vote I think?

I’m in two minds here as I’d love to see the Tory vote split but don’t think it’s a good thing if the Tory party get dragged to the further right. One nation conservativism is under threat and needs re-establishing in my view

Nigel Farage - I’m definitely not standing for election.
Also Nigel Farage - I’m standing for election.
How anyone can believe a single word that bleep says is beyond me.

I have to say that I’m disappointed by his super special emergency announcement. I was convinced he was going to turn up in a dress and sparkly eye shadow and tell us that he was now identifying as Nigella Farangina.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Nigel Farage - I’m definitely not standing for election.
Also Nigel Farage - I’m standing for election.

I have to say that I’m disappointed by his super special emergency announcement. I was convinced he was going to turn up in a dress and sparkly eye shadow and tell us that he was now identifying as Nigella Farangina.
He's the unflushable turd.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
He and Richard Tice will be fighting against 'The Establishment' on our behlalf. As you say, who the hell believes this guff?! They are about as 'Establishment' as it gets. :rolleyes:

Good people of Clacton, we are counting on you!

Reactions: 7